2013 Red Sox Fan FA Savior Pipe Dreams: The Billion Dollar Labor Costs for Zero Playoff Wins "Vision"

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bill-806. Show Bill-806's posts

Re: 2013 Red Sox Fan FA Savior Pipe Dreams: The Billion Dollar Labor Costs for Zero Playoff Wins

As Dad would say........ "SON, that SOFTLAW knows his stuff"  !!!!!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from devildavid. Show devildavid's posts

Re: 2013 Red Sox Fan FA Savior Pipe Dreams: The Billion Dollar Labor Costs for Zero Playoff Wins

In response to Softlaw1's comment:
    [QUOTE]

My numbers aren't "offers", you dimwit. They are value and fit, which should be the limit to the offer. Crawford and 142M and Jenks and 12M wasn't realistic, you dim wit. But some idiot thought like you do.

[/QUOTE]

Standard illogic. Your numbers that are not offers are the limit to the offers. Riddle me this, Batman, when is an offer not an offer? When it is enclosed in quotation marks?

I think from the players and agents point of view your "value and fit" looks like an offer.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from JimfromFlorida. Show JimfromFlorida's posts

[QUOTE]

My numbers aren't "offers", you dimwit. They are value and fit, which should be the limit to the offer. Crawford and 142M and Jenks and 12M wasn't realistic, you dim wit. But some idiot thought like you do.

[/QUOTE]

When you look at other contracts you can actually see that both Agon and CC at 20 mil each were pretty good contracts.
    I mean BJ at 15 mil and Agon 20 that is a steal for the RS now Dodgers. CC at 20 maybe a mil to high when compared to BJ

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from S5. Show S5's posts

[QUOTE]

Pay attention, the Red Sox 2013 payroll should not be more than 100 to 120M.

[/QUOTE]

$100MM - $120MM is a good number.  If you're content to finish 4th or 5th.

The problem is that Softy doesn't know the diffference between HIS made-up "value" - what he refers to as Value and Fit - and Market value.

Value and Fit = Something Softy made up to justify his lowballing every player and thereby "keep labor in it's place".  Guaranteed to produce a substandard team. 

Market Value = What a willing buyer will pay a willing seller in an arm's length transaction.

Softy likes to harp on the number of playoff wins over x number of years but doesn't understand that it's not ALL about playoff wins.  Most of us like baseball because it's baseball and it doesn't revolve around "playoff wins".  

Speaking entirely for myself, I'd rather see the Sox throw $150MM out there, finish with 93 wins and not win a playoff game than I would see them have a team salary of $100MM - -$120MM and finish the season with 70 wins.  It makes the games more interesting for me.  But maybe that's just me.   

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from SpacemanEephus. Show SpacemanEephus's posts

Softy "value" = return to the heady days of Sullivan/Leroux

6. This post has been removed.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from EnchiladaT. Show EnchiladaT's posts

S5 let us hope you are speaking "entirely" for yourself.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from S5. Show S5's posts

In response to EnchiladaT's comment:
    [QUOTE]

S5 let us hope you are speaking "entirely" for yourself.

[/QUOTE]

That's what I do.  Just like everybody else here. 

Are you saying that you'd RATHER have the team have a low salary and win 70 games than have them have a team salary in the $150MM range and win 93 games even though they didn't win a playoff game???

I'm going to go with the 93 wins from April to September.  I'd be disappointed if they didn't win a playoff game, but that doesn't mean to me that the season was a failure. 

Sure, I'd rather see $150MM and a WS championship, but even more I'd like to see a $70MM total salary and a WS championship.  But given the two choices I laid out I'll still go with 93 wins.  

Bottom line - I like good quality baseball, and it's not my money! 

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from S5. Show S5's posts

[QUOTE]

Softy "value" = return to the heady days of Sullivan/Leroux

Spacey "value" = continue the "heady days" of InEpstein and Cherry

[/QUOTE]

And exactly how many WS Championships did the Sox win during the "heady days" of Sullivan/Leroux?

They started to win when they started to spend money.  That's probably not a coincidence.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

Expect the payroll to be around 130-140. with the napoli signing and projected arb cases we should be around 110M right now.

Softy said 100M. There was NEVER mention of 120M. I know this because I responded that our payroll would be about 100M after arb cases and we wouldnt be able to make any more moves with that payroll limit...Next it will be 130M I suppose...

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from EnchiladaT. Show EnchiladaT's posts

Yes S5 I would if it meant we were playing the youth, trading Lester and Elles for players that can help us in 2014. It is called a "bridge" year. I'd rather have one down year then tread water for the next ten winning 90 but never get the title.

86 years allows me to accpet a down year or two if it meant we would make serious runs at the title for 5-8 years straight. It is called winning.

Does anyone here see Naoli has a key player for this team 2013-2020? Laughable.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from S5. Show S5's posts

In response to EnchiladaT's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Yes S5 I would if it meant we were playing the youth, trading Lester and Elles for players that can help us in 2014. It is called a "bridge" year. I'd rather have one down year then tread water for the next ten winning 90 but never get the title.

86 years allows me to accpet a down year or two if it meant we would make serious runs at the title for 5-8 years straight. It is called winning.

Does anyone here see Naoli has a key player for this team 2013-2020? Laughable.

[/QUOTE]

I'm in favor of a bridge year now and then.  My fear is that it becomes a bridge too far. 

I've thought for some time that the reason the Sox always finish 2nd with ~90+ wins is because they don't have a firm plan for their future.  Rather than accept a 'down' year occasionally to rebuild they've always gone after the best available even if they didn't have a place for him.  That not only cost them money it has the potential to block the younger, cheaper, and possibly more motivated players. 

Possibly what they should have been doing is keeping a nucleus of players and allowing the system to fill the available slots from Pawtucket.  That might involve a 'down' year the first year of the call-up.  That would be the year they would win 80.  After that year they could reassess and if they needed ONE FA and/or a FA pitcher they could get him to fill a spot.

It becomes that bridge too far when they don't keep the nucleus and have to completly rebuild.  That's what I'm concerned about fo r 2013.

And I agree.  Eight years for Napoli would have been beyond laughable.  I'm not crazy about three, but it's consistent with what happens now.  You pick up a player knowing he's going to have a year at the end when he's not going to earn his keep.  OTOH I see the real possiblity that he may be the DH the year after Papi retires... if he does.     

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from EnchiladaT. Show EnchiladaT's posts

S5 we both have the comfort to know our team is rich...  we can sign anyone we want when the time is right. Lets see what happens between now and April.... it will be interesting to be sure

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from jidgef. Show jidgef's posts

[QUOTE]

Wow I just your hope next year if for the Sox to be a losing te

Wow, I guess spending another billion dollars for labor will match the zero playoff wins from the last four years of deadbeat labor.

Lackey for 80 million plus and Crawford for 142M are silly fantasies, stooge.

The problem with you mental midgets is that you don't know the difference between value and fit and market value.

For example, Tim wastefield and 2M for 2012. Bobby Jenks for 12M.

And to the idiot who said "I'm not saying their worth that much, but they will get at least twice as much", who cares what the market pays. The issue is WTF is their value and fit to the Red Sox, you big dope!

Incompetence is 4 years and nearly a billion dollar in labor costs (Paying the market because that's how it works idiotic approach) = Zero playoff wins

I would love to see you idiots signing Lackey and Jenks and Crawford and Napoli and A. Sanchez, and then take look at a pipe of losing labor bums and a nice pink slip for the next incompetent GM for the Red Sox.

[/QUOTE]

Pardon me, I guess I'd forgotten what a Jackarse you are. Thanks for reminding me; I won't be participating in any of your hundreds of ridiculous threads again. Enjoy corresponding with yourself you pompous, arrogant soft one.

15. This post has been removed.

16. This post has been removed.