2013 Red Sox manager : Joe Torre?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from mrmojo1120. Show mrmojo1120's posts

2013 Red Sox manager : Joe Torre?

I wouldn't mind seeing it,although I don't think it'll really happen.This is Nick Carfado's take.From MLBTraderumors.com:

http://www.mlbtraderumors.com/

Talk is strong that Joe Torre would consider managing again and the 72-year-old has always had an affinity for Boston.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from ma6dragon9. Show ma6dragon9's posts

Re: 2013 Red Sox manager : Joe Torre?

No thanks. I don't want another attempt at a band-aid fix. I want a guy that could be here for another 8 years like Francona was, or longer. Not a guy who we all know wouldn't last that long due simply to his age.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ice-Cream. Show Ice-Cream's posts

I would love to have Joe Torre manage the Red Sox. 

Take Stoudlemyre (former Yankee's pitching coach) out of retirement and make him the pitching coach.   :)

4. This post has been removed.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from georom4. Show georom4's posts

Trotter is right...we need a boss with no strings attached....or ship the remaining malcontents off

6. This post has been removed.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from snakeoil123. Show snakeoil123's posts

Cool.  Trotter has decided to perseverate about Cherington all winter.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Soxdog67. Show Soxdog67's posts

Trotter and whoever else aspires for Joe Torre to be manager of the Sox are out of their minds...Trotter even wants the old guy to be GM too...how dreadful is that idea?

This guy was handed the greatest teams money can buy and although he won a few championships early in his Yankee tenure...he did come up dry the last 6 years of that job, still with the greatest team money could buy.

In addition, he burnt out pitching staffs regularly...just ask Scott Proctor!

No thanks on Torre...and Leyland for that matter...I think the game has past these guys by. Cripes Leyland, are you trying to lose sending Valverde out there over and over to blow leads?? You won last night despite your stupid managing.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from notin. Show notin's posts

In response to snakeoil123's comment:

Cool.  Trotter has decided to perseverate about Cherington all winter.

But when will he stop whining about Wakefield?

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from raider3524. Show raider3524's posts

http://www.bostonherald.com/sports/baseball/other_mlb/view/20221015torre_denies_interest_in_sox_job/

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

Id rather go with a younger manager... For various reason. Some of which are already mentioned here.

12. This post has been removed.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from SonicsMonksLyresVicars. Show SonicsMonksLyresVicars's posts

The funniest thing is Softy thinks that his campaigns make a difference to the Sox' decision-making process.  Hilarious.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from kirbyrob. Show kirbyrob's posts

Anytime I see an interview or headline by Nick C., I just go to the FIRST PERSON I HEARD ENDORSE BOBBY V. as the new Manager of the bosox.... That was Nick.

I swear, I felt that credibility of his slip away in my mind. I always thought I knew what he wsa talking about (For the record, as the words came out of his mouth I laughed HARD and slapped my knee more than once)

Torre already raised his own children, he doesnt need to babysit in Boston, picking up this mess.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Alibiike. Show Alibiike's posts

In response to southpaw777's comment:

Id rather go with a younger manager... For various reason. Some of which are already mentioned here.

And what do you consider young?

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from MichFan. Show MichFan's posts

Joe said no but I'd like to have a guy like him

17. This post has been removed.

18. This post has been removed.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from nhsteven. Show nhsteven's posts

They could hire him; he can tab MO as the closer, Ibanez as DH & then the RS could compete with the NYY in the age dept.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from eggplants. Show eggplants's posts

We should probably clean house and fire the entire 2012 coaching staff. If that happens then the new manager will be excited about bringing in his " people " for his staff. If not, the existing coaches with "juice", Magadan, Tuck, and Bogar, will continue to leak inside stuff to  upper management and thus undermine the new guy. V-TEK has a key yet undetermined  role here.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from poprox13. Show poprox13's posts

He lost his will to be a manager at the end of his Dodgers stint.  He was awful there.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from LloydDobler. Show LloydDobler's posts

It would have been a terrific idea 10 years ago.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from nhsteven. Show nhsteven's posts

In response to LloydDobler's comment:

It would have been a terrific idea 10 years ago.

15 yrs ago

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

In response to Alibiike's comment:

In response to southpaw777's comment:

And what do you consider young?

Younger was the word I used.  So with that being said, It would be younger than 72. I would rather be closer to 50 than 80

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from royf19. Show royf19's posts

Torre would have been a good idea this year instead of Bobby V. The type of veteran team the Sox had, a manager who would have had instant credibility and respect might have gotten more out of the team. He still would have had no effect on the injuries but he wouldn't have brought daily drama to the team every day like Bobby V. did. And he would have had his own coaches so the unity would have been better in the dugout.

Now, you need a younger guy who can grow with the team.

Sections
Shortcuts