2013 Red Sox Playoff Results Projections

1. This post has been removed.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from maxbialystock. Show maxbialystock's posts

Re: 2013 Red Sox Playoff Results Projections

Unless, of course, Bradley starts in CF for the Sox, in which case the Sox are a shoo-in for the WS. 

3. This post has been removed.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from SpacemanEephus. Show SpacemanEephus's posts

Sox sweep through and run the table if they just had Jeter or Texeira though.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from dgalehouse. Show dgalehouse's posts

Dodgers have announced that Matt Kemp is out for the duration. Ankle injury is his latest problem. Good news for the opposition. 

Stabbed by Foulke.

6. This post has been removed.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from maxbialystock. Show maxbialystock's posts

In response to RedSoxFireman's comment:

No, I have Bradley in a bench role for this edition of 2013 Red Sox. Much like Ellsbury was in a bench role for the 2007 edition of the Red Sox. 

I love Bradley over Carp for the following ironclad reasons:

Bradley hits more HR per PA than Carp

Bradley is a much better option, with Nava at 1st, to get better defense and two lefty bats in vs. righty starter, although I would go with Nava in the smallest OF and Napoli at 1st for every playoff game. 

Bradley is a much needed late innings OF'er strong defensive replacement. No, essential roster pinch runner Berry is not a strong OF defensive replacement.

Bradley is as good or better than Carp as a pinch hitter vs. RP, off the bench or starting in corner OF

Bradley is a potential steal threat and more likely to score from bases, than Carp

Nava's OPS v. RP is virtually the same as Carp, no need for two of the same, when Nava is better defender than Carp. Nava has 19 games at 1st while Carp has 29, so no difference there, both will be marginal 1st base defenders.

Carp OPS vs lefties and righties:  .744 and .904.

Bradley OPS vs lefties and righties:  .327 and .722. 

Bradley is an excellent defender, but give me the good bat.  Plus of course Bradley can't play 1B. 

Bradley is a better baserunner than Carp, but give me the good bat.  And, when needed, I'll let Berry pinch run for Carp. 

In late innings, I will be happy with an outfield of Nava, Ellsbury, and Victorino.   While I do like Bradley's defense, I do not see him making a huge difference out there.  He has a terrific but not all that accurate an arm.  Nava has a quick release and a good and accurate arm, especially in LF at Fenway.

8. This post has been removed.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from BosoxJoe5. Show BosoxJoe5's posts

(Meaningless, Bradley samples size too small, but Bradley's HR per AB better than Carp is very revealing)

Bradley is an excellent defender, but give me the good bat.  Plus of course Bradley can't play 1B. (Sure he can)

Bradley is a better baserunner than Carp, but give me the good bat.  And, when needed, I'll let Berry pinch run for Carp. (Carp's bat isn't going to be used vs. LP. Bradley's bat vs. RP is more potent on pop and the small sample size still shows an OPS in the high 700's. Your fatal flaw is in using Berry to pinch run for Carp, which means he can't pinch run for Ortiz or Napoli or any of the other slow Red Sox runners. No pinch runner is needed for Bradley, unless it's a do or die straight steal. Carp requires a pnch runner just for a sacrifice. Huge mistake to put Carp on post season roster over Carp.) 

In late innings, I will be happy with an outfield of Nava, Ellsbury, and Victorino.   While I do like Bradley's defense, I do not see him making a huge difference out there.  He has a terrific but not all that accurate an arm.  Nava has a quick release and a good and accurate arm, especially in LF at Fenway. (Nava is a marginal defensive OF'er with little speed and not enough depth perception talent to make up for it in the late innings defensive premium time. Bradley can stay in and still hit vs. RP and run except for must steal late inning situation. Nava is a platoon guy who could already be out by virtue of Gomes use)

1 Why are you posted highlighted grey?

2 Why don't you ever hit replay?

3 OPS is much better with comparing a small sample size to a larger one. No one would argue that Mirabelli was the same type of hitter as Bonds in 03-04 but they had similar HR to AB ratios. Which btw is not a real stat. Carp makes the team and JBJ, it really isn't debatable. 

10. This post has been removed.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hfxsoxnut. Show Hfxsoxnut's posts

(Meaningless, Bradley samples size too small, but Bradley's HR per AB better than Carp is very revealing)

So let's get THIS one straight.  The fact that Carp's BA, OBP and SLG are all much higher than Bradley's is meaningless, but the fact that Bradley's HR per AB is higher is very revealing.

You are the champ, you really are.  You managed to ferret out one number of Bradley's that was better, and now you intend to run with it like Adrian Peterson.

Bravo!  I'm speechless.

12. This post has been removed.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Javi60. Show Javi60's posts

one at  a time, lets beat Rays first, it is NOT an easy task, their pitching is superb, great defense and teamwork and great manager... But the main concern is that  Sox must not only fight Rays, they need to overcome the layoff effects and mostly overconfidence....a short series is totally different from the long season ( mets over orioles in '69 or Giants over Tigers last year...) and so forth....in sum, Sox must take advantage of home field, Lester, Lackey and Buch must outpitch Moore, Price and Cobb... Rays have post-season experience, they are a streaky team and at this moment they are Hot...we need to bust them tomorrow, stop them cold and derail them show them  we are the better team...GO SOX

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from maxbialystock. Show maxbialystock's posts

javi60 has it about right.  Tough series starting Friday.  Interesting that redsoxfireman believes it will be an easy series.  I think it's tough because the AL East has been tough all season long, and the AL East ALDS winner will go to the World Series. 

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from andrewmitch. Show andrewmitch's posts

In response to Hfxsoxnut's comment:

[QUOTE]

So let's get THIS one straight.  The fact that Carp's BA, OBP and SLG are all much higher than Bradley's is meaningless, but the fact that Bradley's HR per AB is higher is very revealing.

You are the champ, you really are.  You managed to ferret out one number of Bradley's that was better, and now you intend to run with it like Adrian Peterson.

Bravo!  I'm speechless.

[/QUOTE]

What can you say really?  How can anyone HATE Ellsbury but LOVE JBJ?  And to think that JBJ is in the league as Carp as far as slugging/extra base power is pure insanity.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from greenwellforpresident. Show greenwellforpresident's posts

[QUOTE]

Bravo!  I'm speechless.

[/QUOTE]

It's just obvious trolling.  Even fireman can't be simple minded enough to think that a sample size of 3 HR for Bradley is more relevant than a sample size of 23 hits and walks.  Not to mention that the edge on those 3 HR is actually less than 0.5, 23.33 for Bradley and 23.75 for Carp.  If Bradley had 2 more at bats without a homer his number would go to 24.  To claim Bradley has more pop than Carp can be nothing but trolling.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from andrewmitch. Show andrewmitch's posts

In response to greenwellforpresident's comment:

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

Bravo!  I'm speechless.

[/QUOTE]

It's just obvious trolling.  Even fireman can't be simple minded enough to think that a sample size of 3 HR for Bradley is more relevant than a sample size of 23 hits and walks.  Not to mention that the edge on those 3 HR is actually less than 0.5, 23.33 for Bradley and 23.75 for Carp.  If Bradley had 2 more at bats without a homer his number would go to 24.  To claim Bradley has more pop than Carp can be nothing but trolling.

[/QUOTE]

I hope it's Trolling otherwise that's pretty scary. 

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Javi60. Show Javi60's posts

In response to maxbialystock's comment:

javi60 has it about right.  Tough series starting Friday.  Interesting that redsoxfireman believes it will be an easy series.  I think it's tough because the AL East has been tough all season long, and the AL East ALDS winner will go to the World Series. 

It is an honor that we agree...Go Sox!