2013 Red Sox............No way Jose!

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from SpacemanEephus. Show SpacemanEephus's posts

Re: 2013 Red Sox............No way Jose!

In response to softlaw2's comment:

I blame the management who selected thos players for the collapse of 2011.

I blame God for allowing that management to exist.

2. This post has been removed.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxdirtdog. Show redsoxdirtdog's posts

Character???

ROOTING against your supposed team?  NO CHARACTER. 

He does this under the auspices of "being realistic," but one need not follow this guy for long to KNOW he is not a Red Sox fan.

Stiffy's MO is to do & say anything to confirm his self-delusional self-image of an intellectual.  He would LOVE TO SEE THE SOX crash & burn, simply to re-affirm his delusions of grandeur!

How PATHETIC!  What kind of life is this?  What kind of "fan" is this?

I think Lackey will likely stink, but I HOPE LIKE HELL he proves me wrong!  I would rather play the fool and have MY TEAM WIN!

Get a life Stiff One!

4. This post has been removed.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxdirtdog. Show redsoxdirtdog's posts

I would rather play the fool

That's all you needed to say in that garbled blather. Don't blow your O ring, teenage cheerleader.

THE RICH IRONY???

Stiffy plays the FOOL every day & he doesn't have a clue that 99% of the folks on this board know he ain't just playin.  He still fancies himself an intellectual.  Hah!!  Now that's funny  :)

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Sheriff-Rojas. Show Sheriff-Rojas's posts

If you get the chance to lay on your death bed, you will have a different attitude about God.

Wait till you get there Softy, and then you'll see what a waste your life has been.  All your deleted posts will be read back to you and you'll suffer the tortures of the damned.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Sheriff-Rojas. Show Sheriff-Rojas's posts

Come on everybody.

I say now let's play a game.

I betcha I can point the finger.

And give anyone the blame.

Let's blame Theo.

Theo, Theo, bo-bio, banana-fanna-fo-fio

Fi-fie-mo-mio.

Theo

How about Cherry?

Cherry, Cherry, bo-berry, banana-fanna-fo-ferry

Fi-fie-mo-merry.

Cherry.

or...

Beckett, Beckett, bo-eckett, banana-fanna-fo-feckett

Fi-fie-mo-meckett.

Beckett.

let's do Crawford...

Crawford, Crawford, bo-brawford, banan-fanna-fo-frawford

Fi-fie-mo-mawford.

Crawford.

It's the Blaaaaaaaaaame Game...

8. This post has been removed.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from mef429. Show mef429's posts

In response to ConanObrien's comment:

my coffee is cold this morning

so using softlaw logic

i will blame the front office.

HA! what about your soggy cornflakes?

10. This post has been removed.

11. This post has been removed.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from SpacemanEephus. Show SpacemanEephus's posts

If you get the chance to lay on your death bed, you will have a different attitude about God.

Apparently, I will get that chance.

13. This post has been removed.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from royf19. Show royf19's posts

In response to mef429's comment:

In response to ConanObrien's comment:

my coffee is cold this morning

so using softlaw logic

i will blame the front office.

HA! what about your soggy cornflakes?

Soggy cornflake?

Beckett's fault.

15. This post has been removed.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from mef429. Show mef429's posts

And the drones place the blame on Bush, instead of Red Sox management and the players they foolishly spend 150 million a year on.

fear the drones.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from SpacemanEephus. Show SpacemanEephus's posts

Not necessarily. A lot of people die instantly on the highways, every year. A lot of pedristians get killed instantly by large vehicles. Just to name a few circumstances that won't include a death bed.

Good point.  I stand corrected.

18. This post has been removed.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from mef429. Show mef429's posts

My hope is that you discard the "get with the times" for your moral values, and you live a long prosperous and aspirational moral life and your mortality ends during your sleep.

what a rude thing to say.... space, i hope your mortality NEVER ends.

jeez! the nerve of some people...

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from SpacemanEephus. Show SpacemanEephus's posts

My hope is that you discard the "get with the times" for your moral values, and you live a long prosperous and aspirational moral life and your mortality ends during your sleep.

Thank you Softy.  That is very sweet of you.

Though, I would offer you the same advice about discarding your "get with the times" moral values.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from 2013soxchamps. Show 2013soxchamps's posts

Softy WHAT SAY YOU??????

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from SinceYaz. Show SinceYaz's posts

In response to Sheriff-Rojas's comment:

With a $150 million payroll they are on par with the angels,tigers,jays and rangers salary wise but nowhere near those teams talant wise.This is just a sad situation they managed to wiggle themselves into.

Short, sweet and correct.

And with a modest payroll, they are on par with the Pirates, Padres, and Jack Parr.

And with the winningest record in the league .... only the fourth team in history to have 93 losses one year and at least 93 wins the next.

I know this was first posted back in March or so, but it is appropriate to hold the hot air poster accountable .... He is so whimsical and sure he is right, especially in cutting remark and personal attack.

The Tigers will likely be a playoff opponent, the Rangers are fighting for its playoff life with a -ahem - Sept 2011 debacle that we know too well, the Blue Jays have fallen into the basement of the harsh ALE and the Angels have never made a serious run.  Point made?   Hmmm ...  baseball is a tough and unforgiving game.  Money may help win, established talent may help win, chemistry may help win, coaching may help win, good farm systems may help win ... and injury, age, failed prospects, hurt egos, poor coaching and myriad other things may take away...

It is a wonder to me that Softy breathes the air we all breathe.    SARS

flu

no words needed ...

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from maxbialystock. Show maxbialystock's posts

The point of bringing back this March thread is well taken.  softlaw2 was dead wrong about almost everything.

Funny thing is, when soflaw2 wrote the Sox had no chance in 2013, he knew Farrell was the new manager, but, later as redsoxfireman, he now says the only smart about Ben C's acquisitions was manager Farrell who apparently has inspired all the hitters to hit so well the Sox lead MLB in offense and the pitchers to produce what is overall a pretty good pitching staff.  Plus softlaw2 gave Ben C no credit, none, for making the big trade with LA a year ago while everyone else said it was a necessary move.

Enough about softy.  I would only add that almost no one predicted the Sox would be this good and have clinched the AL East this early.  Most of us expected not only Iglesias, but Bradley and even Bogaerts to have a major impact this year.  Only Iglesias did--twice.  First he hit well and earned the starting SS slot, temporarily, and then the starting 3B slot.  Then he was traded to bring in a solid and much needed starter, Peavy, in a move that also led to Middlebrooks returning as the thirdbaseman and Bogaerts getting to Boston as the UIF.  It's a pretty good bet both will be on the postseason roster. 

The acquisitions of Carl Crawford and Adrian Gonzalez and maybe JD Drew have masked the fact that the team owner, John Henry, absolutely believes in sabermetrics, moneyball, whatever you want to call what Billy Beane continues to do to make the Athletics competitive.  The problem for any Sox GM is that the team can remain profitable with a large salary package, so he is not required to gamble on other team's rejects and is expected to spend money where it makes sense--a lot easier to say than do. 

As it turns out, the deals for Drew, Napoli, Victorino, and Gomes seem to have found the right middle ground of finding players who could contribute without breaking the bank.  Even Dempster was a plus from the perspective of having an almost decent 5th starter, especially when Buchholz went down in early June.  The deal for Peavy is exactly in that vein--give up the, granted, brilliant SS but get a necessary addition to the rotation for the stretch run.  Meanwhile he still has two good SS's in Drew, who has a higher WAR than Iglesias, and Bogaerts. 

Team chemistry has been a factor as well.  Credit Farrell, of course, but also credit Ben C for getting the right guys to fit into Farrell's system. 

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from ctredsoxfanhugh. Show ctredsoxfanhugh's posts

Hey Softy.....my glass is still half full, where's your cup???

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from ThefourBs. Show ThefourBs's posts

I think this is my favorite:

softlaw2's comment:

I post on many sites. Before the Red Sox can change the loser culture of massive payrolls in zero playoff wins, a change in management will be required. My job is to thin out the massive herd of quiet sheep getting fleeced. "Angry" is a word from the left, which goes like this:

"Angry old white guy"

Needless to say, pie in the sky is big seller. Reality may not be plreasant, but delusion isn't healthy on a personal or financial level.

I've succeeded in awakening a few sheep, but it's not enough. Management still has a doting sheep herd that is supportive or quiet about  the FA signings, and they are not outraged by 2009, 2010, 2011 and 2012. This allows the nonsense of passing off Dumpster, Shane and Drew and 36 million dollars for 2013 as a "viable professional product plan for 2013 150 million plus labor budget".

This thread shows just how many sheep there are.

I love the smell of asphalt in the morning.