2013 SS

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Alibiike. Show Alibiike's posts

2013 SS

Is the young Julio Iglesias ready to man the postion full time, or do the RS try to go out and find another utlility player they think is a SS? I would like to see Iggy take the reins from the get-go, but if the Sox feel he needs more time at AAA, then they need to try to make a deal with Cleveland for Asdrubal Cabrera, and use Iglesias as trade bait for a premier starting pitcher.

2. This post has been removed.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from BosoxJoe5. Show BosoxJoe5's posts

Re: 2013 SS

Based on the press confernce they are not committing to him yet. This could become interesting.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from TitleTown11. Show TitleTown11's posts

Great question to pose...I was wondering this myself with Aviles gone. My prediction is Iglesias. I think Cherington is willing to swallow his spot in the lineup to improve infield D (and pitcher's stats)

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from TitleTown11. Show TitleTown11's posts

In response to BosoxJoe5's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Based on the press confernce they are not committing to him yet. This could become interesting.

[/QUOTE]

I didn't catch it..what did they say that makes you think that?

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from jasko2248. Show jasko2248's posts

In response to BosoxJoe5's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

It will have a lot to do with how much they upgrade the hitting at 1st & the corner outfield spots, which they will definitely try to do.  If they keep Ells and add a good hitting 1st baseman and outfielder, then they can give him a chance to sink or swim for a while, because his defense is obviously that good, and the rest of the lineup should be deep enough.  If he fails miserably, then they can bring in another veteran at some point. 

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from hill55. Show hill55's posts

In response to Alibiike's comment:
    [QUOTE]Is the young Julio Iglesias ready to man the postion full time, or do the RS try to go out and find another utlility player they think is a SS? I would like to see Iggy take the reins from the get-go, but if the Sox feel he needs more time at AAA, then they need to try to make a deal with Cleveland for Asdrubal Cabrera, and use Iglesias as trade bait for a premier starting pitcher.[/QUOTE]

If a troubled team with a hole at shortstop (after trading four in 11 months) is willing to trade Jose Iglesias, how much trade value does Iglesias have?

Two years of Asdrubal Cabrera would come at a steep price ... how much talent should the Red Sox surrender in order to acquire Cabrera?

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bisson1. Show Bisson1's posts

Iglesias and Ciriaco probably platoon til the SS of the future, Boegarts, is ready for the MLB.

Also, for those suggesting a trade of Iglesias, what value does he hold?

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from SpacemanEephus. Show SpacemanEephus's posts

Last year, at this time, I was holding down the fort in the almost-abandoned "What is the rush/Give Jose some farm time to learn to hit" camp.

This year, at this time, I am ready to say "Give the kid a shot".  Not sure how much better he can get at the plate.  Maybe he just is what he is, a lighter hitting Mark Belanger.  In any case, let the Iggy era begin.*

*Caveat:  If he 0-fers spring training, I am fine giving Pedro C. the job.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from seannybboi. Show seannybboi's posts

His name is Jose, not Julio.  No Sox Fans caught that???

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from jasko2248. Show jasko2248's posts

In response to Bisson1's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Iglesias and Ciriaco probably platoon til the SS of the future, Boegarts, is ready for the MLB.

[/QUOTE]

Iglesias is 22 years old, so he's not going to platoon.  He'll either start in Boston, start in PPawtucket, or be moved in a trade.  Ciriaco is playing some outfield this winter to give him more value as a potential bench player next season... 

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bisson1. Show Bisson1's posts

In response to jasko2248's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to Bisson1's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Iglesias is 22 years old, so he's not going to platoon.  He'll either start in Boston, start in PPawtucket, or be moved in a trade.  Ciriaco is playing some outfield this winter to give him more value as a potential bench player next season... 

[/QUOTE]

Then hopefully he works hard this off season and somehow becomes capable of hitting over .200.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from 56redsox. Show 56redsox's posts

In response to Bill-806's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

Is the young Julio Iglesias ready to man the postion full time, or do the RS try to go out and find another utlility player they think is a SS? I would like to see Iggy take the reins from the get-go, but if the Sox feel he needs more time at AAA, then they need to try to make a deal with Cleveland for Asdrubal Cabrera, and use Iglesias as trade bait for a premier starting pitcher.

[/QUOTE]As DAD would say..............  "SON, that IGGY can cover foulline to foulline"  !!!!

[/QUOTE]

And MoM Say,s.......Son, The Wizzard Of IGGY
    Hits .061 In 2013...

And Fisk Hits .122......

We Are On Our Way....

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from TitleTown11. Show TitleTown11's posts

In response to seannybboi's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Caught it...didn't care enough to correct it...we all know who he's talking about

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from rkarp. Show rkarp's posts

would it surpise anyone if Xander forces his way onto the team as the starting SS in spring training?

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from seannybboi. Show seannybboi's posts

I think Iggy is fine.  I watched few games he started this year and I think he just needs to get use to breaking pitches.  He just need to see a lot of pitches at the major league level.  He won't be .300 hitter but I think he will ba capable of .270/.320 and his defense will cover some up. 

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from seannybboi. Show seannybboi's posts

In response to rkarp's comment:
    [QUOTE]

would it surpise anyone if Xander forces his way onto the team as the starting SS in spring training?

[/QUOTE]

That would surpirse alot of ppl including Xander himself.  I think he might get some ML taste in September '13 at the earliest.  But I don't mind Xander at SS or 1B starting 2013. 

18. This post has been removed.

19. This post has been removed.

20. This post has been removed.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Alibiike. Show Alibiike's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

I know. wanted to see how long it would take for someone to notice.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Alibiike. Show Alibiike's posts

In response to hill55's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]Is the young Julio Iglesias ready to man the postion full time, or do the RS try to go out and find another utlility player they think is a SS? I would like to see Iggy take the reins from the get-go, but if the Sox feel he needs more time at AAA, then they need to try to make a deal with Cleveland for Asdrubal Cabrera, and use Iglesias as trade bait for a premier starting pitcher.[/QUOTE]

If a troubled team with a hole at shortstop (after trading four in 11 months) is willing to trade Jose Iglesias, how much trade value does Iglesias have?

Two years of Asdrubal Cabrera would come at a steep price ... how much talent should the Red Sox surrender in order to acquire Cabrera?

[/QUOTE]

It seems the Rs are more concerned about offense than defense. Other teams would take Iggy in a heartbeat, and insert him as their starting SS. Good gloves at short don't grow on trees. And the offense will come; it's easier to learn to hit than learn to field. Besides, the kid already knows how to put the ball in play and has had some bad luck finding holes.

That's why I think he has more trade value than maybe the FO realizes. As far as Cabrera goes, 2 years would not do it. They would need to sign him long term, and make him the SS for the foreseeable future.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from 56redsox. Show 56redsox's posts

Trade For Starlin Castro.....

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from rkarp. Show rkarp's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

That would surpirse alot of ppl including Xander himself.  I think he might get some ML taste in September '13 at the earliest.  But I don't mind Xander at SS or 1B starting 2013. 

[/QUOTE]

I think Xander has proven all he needs to prove in the minor leagues. RS most likley play some games with his time of service for free agency purposes, but he is ready, and most likely will not be over whelmed in spring training. Maybe at worst, he is in a similar situation to Middlebrooks was this year.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from jasko2248. Show jasko2248's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

I think Xander has proven all he needs to prove in the minor leagues. RS most likley play some games with his time of service for free agency purposes, but he is ready, and most likely will not be over whelmed in spring training. Maybe at worst, he is in a similar situation to Middlebrooks was this year.

[/QUOTE]

Rkarp,

Let me get this straight.  So you think Torey Lovullo isn't "experienced enough" after 25 years in Professional Baseball to be the Sox' Bench Coach, yet you think Xander Boegarts, who has played less than two seasons of Minor League Baseball, whose defense is considered, well "raw" would be the nicest way to put it, and who just stopped being a teenager exactly 3 weeks ago, "has proved all he needs to prove in the Minor Leagues?" 

Sections
Shortcuts