2013 Starting Pitcher Market: Where do you stand on that?

1. This post has been removed.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

Re: 2013 Starting Pitcher Market: Where do you stand on that?

I'd trade the whole "pool"...

all 6 of softy's different personalities for the return of harness.

3. This post has been removed.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from devildavid. Show devildavid's posts

Harness could be cranky, but at least he was a human being.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from SpacemanEephus. Show SpacemanEephus's posts

These are tough question Softaccooa.

On the FA market, for my money, I would go get Brandon McCarthy.  He has the makeup for Boston, is coming into his own a little late and just had brain problems, so maybe he comes cheaper than your Anibal Sanchez's and Edwin Jacksons.  His toughness will serve him well in the AL Beast. 

I like Dan Haren on a short deal, even if the salary is a bit lofty.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

Since I know you love pools...

I'd trade:

1 from a pool of Tazawa, Doubront or Morales.

Plus

2 from a pool of Lava, Cecchini, and Brentz

Plus

1 from a pool of any prospect on soxprospects.com below #10.

FOR:

Brett Anderson

I'd then sign:

B. McCarthy at $22M/3

if he says no, I'd try...

S. Marcum at $25M/3

if they say no, I'd offer minimal contracts ($2M/1) to Joe Saunders or J Sanchez  

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from seannybboi. Show seannybboi's posts

I would try to acquire Lincecum.  I believe he's available and now would be perfect time to start trade talks with the Giants.  He just had his career worst year which will impact his trade value.  Even if he had horrible year, he's one of the eilte TOR guy.  A change of scenery may help him get back on the right track.  Giants have surplus in their rotation and they can use a starting pitcher to acquire a productive bat.  Lincecum has 2 yrs left on his contract before he hits FA and Giants' recent big spending on two of their young guns (Cain and Bumgarner) would make them reluctant to give Tim massive deal.  And by unloading Tim, they should have flexibility to go out and look for a bat or a reliever for their BP. 

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from RickEO. Show RickEO's posts

No Dempster, or Blanton.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from boborielly224. Show boborielly224's posts

In response to toccooa's comment:
    [QUOTE]

How many outside starting pitchers do the Red Sox need to acquire?

Who are you going to budget market rate for in this years starting pitcher FA market?

Is there anyone you would trade for in the starting pitching trade market?     

If so, what players would you put in a trade pool to make sure you acquire them?

[/QUOTE]

I  personally would like to get another Knuckle baller Dickey, the mets are willing to talk trade (still has one year left on his contract the sox can work on a contract once the trans is doneand he is a Sox) and trade for Doubront, Ciriaco and ? and then go after a short term deal for Haren. Starting rotation Dickey Lester Haren Bucholtz Lackey Morales

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from jasko2248. Show jasko2248's posts

In response to seannybboi's comment:
    [QUOTE]

I would try to acquire Lincecum.  I believe he's available and now would be perfect time to start trade talks with the Giants.  He just had his career worst year which will impact his trade value.  Even if he had horrible year, he's one of the eilte TOR guy.  A change of scenery may help him get back on the right track.  Giants have surplus in their rotation and they can use a starting pitcher to acquire a productive bat.  Lincecum has 2 yrs left on his contract before he hits FA and Giants' recent big spending on two of their young guns (Cain and Bumgarner) would make them reluctant to give Tim massive deal.  And by unloading Tim, they should have flexibility to go out and look for a bat or a reliever for their BP. 

[/QUOTE]

I'd be very surprised if San Francisco considered moving Lincecum.  He's pretty much a folk hero in San Francisco and Lincecum loves it there.  Zito is coming off the books next year, so they can use his slot to retain him. It's not the best PR move for a team coming off two championships in 3 years to move it's most popular player, especially when his value is at an all-time low...

11. This post has been removed.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from jasko2248. Show jasko2248's posts

[QUOTE]

On the FA market, for my money, I would go get Brandon McCarthy.

Way to step up and not use "the investigation is ongoing so I can't answer a question of what I knew about the 9-11 video incited riot and when I knew about it". I appreciate you answering the question.

So, Space will pay the market for McCarthy and Danny Haren. Noted.

That seems to have inspired another poster.

So, by priority, Moonbat will acquire: Anderson for 4 from the prospect pool listed

plus 22 to 25M for McCarthey or Marcum or

2M for 1 year of Saunders or Sanchez

Reject all of these offers, except for what's in bold, with the exception that I would offer only 1M and 1 year a minor league deal to Sanchez.

My 2013 starting rotation depth chart "moves":

Lester

Buch

Lackey

Doubrant

Offer Guthrie 2 years and up to base 6, offer Saunders 2M and 1 year, offer Francis a MLB contract for 1M and 1 year, offer minor league contracts to Sanchez, Bedard, Harden, Lowe and Wang (Will net at least 2 on the 40 man and 1 on the 25)

Tazawa 

Morales

De La Rosa or Webster, depending upon who gets traded for J. Upton 

[/QUOTE]

Are any of your multiple personalities unable to type?

13. This post has been removed.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from pumpsie-green. Show pumpsie-green's posts

In response to jasko2248's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

I'd be very surprised if San Francisco considered moving Lincecum.  He's pretty much a folk hero in San Francisco and Lincecum loves it there.  Zito is coming off the books next year, so they can use his slot to retain him. It's not the best PR move for a team coming off two championships in 3 years to move it's most popular player, especially when his value is at an all-time low...

[/QUOTE]

I agree. I live out here in Giants territory and I don't think they are going to trade Lincecum or any of their core SP. They know a good thing when they see it.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from VeniceSox. Show VeniceSox's posts

In response to pumpsie-green's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

I agree. I live out here in Giants territory and I don't think they are going to trade Lincecum or any of their core SP. They know a good thing when they see it.

[/QUOTE]

Interesting that no one mentions Kurodo, who imo, is more reliable and consitent than anyone else mentioned.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from seannybboi. Show seannybboi's posts

In response to VeniceSox's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Interesting that no one mentions Kurodo, who imo, is more reliable and consitent than anyone else mentioned.

[/QUOTE]

Can this pitch?

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from jasko2248. Show jasko2248's posts

In response to VeniceSox's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Everyone assumes he's going to re-up with the Yankees or go home to Japan...Red Sox, Dodgers & Angels are all supposedly interested, but my guess is they are all a distant 3rd, 4th & 5th option for him...

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from SonicsMonksLyresVicars. Show SonicsMonksLyresVicars's posts

[QUOTE]

On the FA market, for my money, I would go get Brandon McCarthy.

Way to step up and not use "the investigation is ongoing so I can't answer a question of what I knew about the 9-11 video incited riot and when I knew about it". I appreciate you answering the question.

So, Space will pay the market for McCarthy and Danny Haren. Noted.

That seems to have inspired another poster.

So, by priority, Moonbat will acquire: Anderson for 4 from the prospect pool listed

plus 22 to 25M for McCarthey or Marcum or

2M for 1 year of Saunders or Sanchez

Reject all of these offers, except for what's in bold, with the exception that I would offer only 1M and 1 year a minor league deal to Sanchez.

My 2013 starting rotation depth chart "moves":

Lester

Buch

Lackey

Doubrant

Offer Guthrie 2 years and up to base 6, offer Saunders 2M and 1 year, offer Francis a MLB contract for 1M and 1 year, offer minor league contracts to Sanchez, Bedard, Harden, Lowe and Wang (Will net at least 2 on the 40 man and 1 on the 25)

Tazawa 

Morales

De La Rosa or Webster, depending upon who gets traded for J. Upton 

[/QUOTE]

But Softy, you said at the time of the Dodgers trade that De la Rosa and Webster were "farm scraps".  Are you now admitting you were wrong?

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

But Softy, you said at the time of the Dodgers trade that De la Rosa and Webster were "farm scraps".  Are you now admitting you were wrong?

Time and time again softy claims how worthless certain Sox players are, but then when we trade them away, he claims we should have gotten more in return.

20. This post has been removed.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from carnie. Show carnie's posts

In response to moonslav59's comment:
    [QUOTE]

I'd trade:

Plus

Plus

FOR:

Brett Anderson

I'd then sign:

B. McCarthy at $22M/3

S. Marcum at $25M/3

if they say no, I'd offer minimal contracts ($2M/1) to Joe Saunders or J Sanchez  

[/QUOTE]

That actually sounds like a plan. Do you have Ben's cell?

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from carnie. Show carnie's posts

[QUOTE]

I'd trade:

Plus

Plus

FOR:

Brett Anderson

I'd then sign:

B. McCarthy at $22M/3

S. Marcum at $25M/3

[/QUOTE]

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

In response to carnie's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

I'd trade:

Plus

Plus

FOR:

Brett Anderson

I'd then sign:

B. McCarthy at $22M/3

S. Marcum at $25M/3

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

I don't need it. He calls me...

LOL

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

In response to boborielly224's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

How many outside starting pitchers do the Red Sox need to acquire?

Who are you going to budget market rate for in this years starting pitcher FA market?

Is there anyone you would trade for in the starting pitching trade market?     

If so, what players would you put in a trade pool to make sure you acquire them?

[/QUOTE]

I  personally would like to get another Knuckle baller Dickey, the mets are willing to talk trade (still has one year left on his contract the sox can work on a contract once the trans is doneand he is a Sox) and trade for Doubront, Ciriaco and ? and then go after a short term deal for Haren. Starting rotation Dickey Lester Haren Bucholtz Lackey Morales

[/QUOTE]

We have one already in the system. Granted, its not Dickey, but he also wont cost us a bunch of farm hands.

His name is steven wright...Look him up.

http://www.cbssports.com/mlb/blog/eye-on-baseball/19763710/prospect-spotlight-red-sox-knuckleballer-steven-wright

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

GM already said TL is going nowhere.

Sections
Shortcuts