2013--worst season ever for Sox?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from JimfromFlorida. Show JimfromFlorida's posts

Re: 2013--worst season ever for Sox?

Max I totally agree. As I have been saying (for all the time I have been a RS fan 1957) RS fans are all about "What have you done for me today" &"Always waiting for the other shoe to drop" &"The glass is always half full even when it actually full" &since the RS success in the 2 WS wins the "We deserve a WS"  people are far more abundant. For Boston fans I do believe it is the puritanical heritage that plays into our overall woe is our RS team attitude. As well as everything is worse than it really is and everything is greater than it really is. RS fans are manic depressive people Lastly to ICE CREAM the only thing we deserve is a team that plays hard every day. 

Love the Red Sox and enjoy the ride every year

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from notin. Show notin's posts

Actually, when asked if the glass is half full or half empty, there are a lot of Sox fans still insisting "Who cares how much we have?!?!  It's only WATER!!!"

“Listen to the mustn'ts, child. Listen to the don'ts. Listen to the shouldn'ts, the impossibles, the won'ts. Listen to the never haves, then listen close to me. Anything can happen, child. Anything can be.”

-Shel Silverstein

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hfxsoxnut. Show Hfxsoxnut's posts

Baseball is a tough sport for some people to comprehend and to handle mentally.  It's a long long season and almost every team has a lot of hills and valleys.  Individual players' performances also fluctuate tremendously throughout the season.

In other major sports the best teams can win 70% or 80% of their games.  In football you even have the possibility of an undefeated season.  In baseball, forget it.  If you win 60% of the time you're one of the best teams, and even at that you're going to lose around 65 times.

There's a lot of frustration to be endured over the course of a baseball season.  Some people can't handle it or can't understand why it's like that.  So they cope with it by whining.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from antibody. Show antibody's posts

In response to notin's comment:

In response to Joebreidey's comment:

I find the whole 'bash every player' approach beyon dsilly.  How do you even get into a rational discussion with others if you assume the RS are on the bad side of every trade, every signing, and every draft choice.

It's almost comical to see Geo bash our draft choice as being too slow, even though he was one of the fastest guys in the draft, then saying he is a worst fielder than Gomes, despite the fact that he's a pitcher.

I understand he hates the RS.  But I hate the NYY and that doesn't mean I will blindly criticize guys I never heard of.

I think georom may have taken over as Top Site Troll.

As far as he is concered, nothing the team ever does will be right, and seems to take their failure to take his suggestions as a personal effront and headline for his vendetta.  Also, he seeems to be growing increasingly stubborn with regards to his opinions, and will not tolerate contrary logic.  There was a time when at the very least, he would be very forthright in issuing (extemely unnecessary) mea culpas for his inabilty to foresee the future, but now when proven wrong, he just descends further to defend his position, like over the Sox top pick of Trey Ball.

I do get that a lot of fans appear whinier on a msg board than in real life, as some might use this an an outlet to vent frustrations with the team, so we only see that side.  But this team is in first, what on Earth are people still complaining about?   Even if it does not last, learn as a fan that your ONLY role is to derive enjoyment from watching the team, so try doing it for once...

The thing is that for some people constant complaining about the team is how they derive their pleasure. Wailing and gnashing of teeth is a long standing tradition among RS fans.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from antibody. Show antibody's posts

Actually, when asked if the glass is half full or half empty, there are a lot of Sox fans still insisting "Who cares how much we have?!?!  It's only WATER!!!"

“Listen to the mustn'ts, child. Listen to the don'ts. Listen to the shouldn'ts, the impossibles, the won'ts. Listen to the never haves, then listen close to me. Anything can happen, child. Anything can be.”

-Shel Silverstein

The glass is not half empty.

The glass is not half full.

The glass is twice the size that it needs to be.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from notin. Show notin's posts

In response to Hfxsoxnut's comment:

Baseball is a tough sport for some people to comprehend and to handle mentally.  It's a long long season and almost every team has a lot of hills and valleys.  Individual players' performances also fluctuate tremendously throughout the season.

In other major sports the best teams can win 70% or 80% of their games.  In football you even have the possibility of an undefeated season.  In baseball, forget it.  If you win 60% of the time you're one of the best teams, and even at that you're going to lose around 65 times.

There's a lot of frustration to be endured over the course of a baseball season.  Some people can't handle it or can't understand why it's like that.  So they cope with it by whining.

If you win 60% of the time in MLB, you are probably the best team.  60% = 97 wins.

As they say in baseball.  "You're going to win 50, you're going to lose 50.  It's how you do in the other 62 that count..."

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

In response to antibody's comment:

[QUOTE]

-Shel Silverstein

The glass is not half empty.

The glass is not half full.

The glass is twice the size that it needs to be.

[/QUOTE]

So send that bum glass back to Pawtucket and trade for a different glass. Is there no properly sized glass in our system? NYY have a knack of finding the right size glass, and you dont see other teams struggling with the size of their glass. Epstien shouldnt have chosen this glass to begin with, but he did, then bolted to another table, leaving us with the tab. I suppose we'll have to leave a tip too?

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Sheriff-Rojas. Show Sheriff-Rojas's posts

[QUOTE]

I wonder is maxbialystock's discovered something.  Maybe the Sox were trying to put together a bad team, as they had a plan that they could make more money with a bad team than a good one! Why else sign Gomes, Dempster and Drew?

After all, a bad team generates more message board complaints, driving up website traffic, driving up advertising costs!!  All they needed to do was make a bad team and invest in boston.com, and watch the $$$ role in!!  The only way this plan could fail is if the team was good, but, really, what are the chances of that?

I also wonder who gets this reference.   Besides max, of course...

-Shel Silverstein

[QUOTE]

With Max Biologystock's luck, they'll turn into the Red Sox's version of Franz Liebkind, Roger De Bris, and Ulla Inga Hansen Benson Yansen Tallen Hallen Svaden Swanson.

Sections
Shortcuts