2013 WS Champions

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from jete02fan. Show jete02fan's posts

Re: 2013 WS Champions

In response to Sheriff-Rojas' comment:

In response to jete02fan's comment:

Good evening Sox fans...just want to congratulate you on a great season and winning the World Series third title since 2004..Sox were clearly the best team this season...rivalry aside i salute you on this championship season..was well played and very well earned...Congrats!!!

Thank you, Jete.  I probably wouldn't have been so gracious if the Yankees had won, so you're a better man than me.  You really uphold a high standard of conduct as a participant on this chatboard and make it a better place.

thanks Law Man...most of you make it easy..though i can take the slams that come with the territory...it's just sports...our lives don't stop because our fave team didn't win..

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from ThefourBs. Show ThefourBs's posts

Thanks, Jete.

You set a good example for all of us.

I agree, Slasher.

I'm exhausted!

But, I'm going to miss baseball after this weekend.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from jete02fan. Show jete02fan's posts

In response to ThefourBs' comment:

Thanks, Jete.

You set a good example for all of us.

I agree, Slasher.

I'm exhausted!

But, I'm going to miss baseball after this weekend.

thanks 4B's...btw, the Tibetan League playoffs start Monday if you're interested Tongue OutWink

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from jete02fan. Show jete02fan's posts

also congrats to the St. Louis Cardinals and their fans, for coming through the grind to make it to the World Series..the also had a great season..hats off to you in the Loo'

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from jete02fan. Show jete02fan's posts

In response to Teakus' comment:

Good evening Sox fans...just want to congratulate you on a great season and winning the World Series third title since 2004..Sox were clearly the best team this season...rivalry aside i salute you on this championship season..was well played and very well earned...Congrats!!!

Thanks Jete! Gotta admit this one sure feels great! See you next year on the field of battle good sir. Cool

thanks Teak Wink

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from marco0863. Show marco0863's posts

You guys really don't catch in fast I FKN WROTE IT RE D SOX 2013 WS CHAMPIONS BACK FROM TAMPS BAY SERIES - told you ugly philosphers would win and I had said in 5

Idiots talk talk thinking you know something you know nothing dumb fkn fans

Farrel is that

Ells this drew that

Get outta here

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from jete02fan. Show jete02fan's posts

In response to marco0863's comment:
    [QUOTE]

You guys really don't catch in fast I FKN WROTE IT RE D SOX 2013 WS CHAMPIONS BACK FROM TAMPS BAY SERIES - told you ugly philosphers would win and I had said in 5

Idiots talk talk thinking you know something you know nothing dumb fkn fans

Farrel is that

Ells this drew that

Get outta here

[/QUOTE yeah..and???

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from jete02fan. Show jete02fan's posts

In response to kimsaysthis' comment:

Hey, Jete! Classy post as usual and thank you. I was hoping someone would start a thread about the 2013 Champions. What a great season, and a great team. I couldn't be happier. Glad you stuck around. Smile

well, i couldn't go anywhere Kim...4B's would be lost without me here to set him straight Tongue Out

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from pumpsie-green. Show pumpsie-green's posts

In response to kimsaysthis's comment:

In response to tvfrank's comment:

In response to pumpsie-green's comment:

In response to tvfrank's comment:

just an FYI...preseason odds..Sox went off at 18-1 Sealed

And tonight they went off at 6-1.

Actually PECOTA had the Cards win percentage at 64%. We knew better.

I was actually referring to the final score. My bad attempt at humor.

No it wasn't. He, for whatever reason, needed to throw in that the Cards were favored. He's probably having a tough night. He doesn't like a lot of the players. Wink

Actually before the game I wrote that the season would end last night and that the final score would not be particularly close, that we would win by at least four runs if Lackey pitched well. What's not to like about this group of guys?

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from jete02fan. Show jete02fan's posts

i'm not singling out the Sox, because this happens in a bunch of places after championships, but why must people feel they have to do this???.......Boston Fails To Celebrate Like It's Been There Before

It's probably too late now, but since the Red Sox have won three championships over the past 10 seasons, perhaps this advice will come in handy again in the near future: On the night of a possible World Series clincher, don't park anywhere near Fenway.

By and large the celebrations in Boston were peaceful and jubilant, but some members of Red Sox Nation acted like a championship was a new thing, flipping cars, dodging rubber bullets, and generally taking advantage of the party to cause a little damage. It was the perfect storm for trouble—the Red Sox took a large and early lead, giving residents time to congregate, anticipate, and most importantly, intoxicate.

Cars were flipped, because that's what you apparently do when your team wins a World Series. Here's a frightening one, just outside of Fenway, with the poor driver still inside:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vjtdkLSV6hc

And here's another, location undetermined (though reports indicate that most of the property damage took place around Fenway and Kenmore Square, then moving up Boylston toward Copley):

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t71zE9VxNzY

Some photos of the Boston shenanigans, via Globe online producer Andrew Ba Tran:

Boston Police reported only nine arrests on the night, but as more images pop up, don't be surprised if that number increases. (Hi, ridiculously photogenic car-flipping guy up top! I hope we're not writing something like this about you in 30 years!) Still, a few scuffles with cops is nothing compared to what went down at some New England colleges.

At the University of New Hampshire, it's fair to call it a riot. Police estimated 3,000 unruly students clogging the streets, climbing light poles, and lighting fireworks, until the crowds were broken up with pepper spray and rubber bullets. Five arrests were reported. At Plymouth State, fires were set and students climbed and hung from lampposts until they collapsed. At Keene State College, a car was flipped and students threw rocks and glass bottles at police.

The biggest trouble of the night went down at UMass Amherst, where state police in riot gear waged running battles with rioters, the cops firing tear gas and deploying mounted units, the students throwing anything not nailed down at police. "At least 10" arrests were reportedly made. Here's an edited video showing the night's devolution from euphoric to dangerous:

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from jete02fan. Show jete02fan's posts

HP umpire leading the Sox in a slide aerobics class Laughing.... 

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from cavaliersfan. Show cavaliersfan's posts

Congratulations to all Boston fans on the Red Sox capturing the World Series Title.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from BMav. Show BMav's posts

Sometimes a bridge is a golden destination.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from slasher9. Show slasher9's posts

this is one of the rare years where the current WS champ is the same as the very first WS champ. 

15. This post has been removed.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Sglo07. Show Sglo07's posts

I inadvertently took Memorial Drive home from watching the game at a friend's place in town. I noticed the bright lights of Fenway from the other side of the River. They seemed to light up the whole Boston side and I choked up a bit.  ( as I did every time I passed Fenway in 2004 & 2007.My Dad got me into this, he's almost 85, now and his fanship doesnt waiver, as mine did, for awhile. From the time I was a little girl and he took the family to many a Red Sox ( & Celtics)game; I had posters of Jim Rice, Dennis Eckersley, etc. I admit I lost track and stopped following in my young adulthood but picked up interest, again over the last 10 years through co-workers who were fans and my Dad having every single game on, ( goes, for Celtics, pats, college games, too). This year, he watched from a nursing home but will be home, soon  for basketball & football seasons. When I'm not watching, he'll keep me savvy of all things Boston sports..

I listened to the  Sox season wrap up on the radio of how amazing this all is from where the Sox were last season,the season b4,how the team came together,Papi inviting team members &their families to his home on numerous occasions (Im told this isnt heard of in pro baseball),the team rallying around the City,especially aftet the Marathon bombings,visiting the victims,so much heart,love for the City and fans. Thank you John Farrell,David Ortiz,the whole beautiful,bearded lot.You've really given us something..and more. Thank you for your talents and much more, your hearts.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Sglo07. Show Sglo07's posts

Last night I inadvertently took Memorial Drive home  from watching the game at friend's and noticed the bright lights of Fenway from the other side of the River. They seemed to light up the whole Boston side and I choked up a bit ( as I did in 2004 &2007 every time I passed Fenway) My Dad got me into this from back when I was a kid and he took the family to the Red Sox games. I was a big fan and had posters of Jim Rice, Dennis Eckersley, others. My little brother had the baseball cards. My Dads fanship has never waivered but as I grew up I grew apart from high interest in pro ( local) sports. I was 'reconnected' to them, particularly the Sox through co-workers it all being rekindled in 2003. And, of course, my Dad always has  the games on, Sox, Pats, Celtics, many college games.  I LOVE listening to the voice of Jerry Remy and Don Orsillo, (especially when they get giggly-makes me laugh,too Laughing).Last night my Dad watched from a nursing home but will be back home, soon for the Celtics & Pats. He'll keep me savvy of all goings on if I'm not watching.

I listened to the Sox season wrap up on the radio  as  I spied those Fenway lights; how amazing this all is from where the Sox were last season,the season b4,how the team came together,Papi inviting team members &their families to his home on numerous occasions (Im told this isnt heard of in pro baseball),the team rallying around the City, after the Marathon bombings, they visited the victims,  and kept a us all going and KEEP doing so, not just because theyre told they should. So much heart, love for the City and fans. Thank you John Farrell,David Ortiz,the whole beautiful,bearded lot.You've really given us something..and more.

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=10151699019546766&set=a.10151655665326766.1073741837.39399781765&type=1&ref=nf

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from susan250. Show susan250's posts

Thanks Jete,

I just wanted to say that the Red Sox player that I was most happy for was Napoli.  After the heartbreaking loss when he played for Texas it is especially great to see him win this year.  

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Sglo07. Show Sglo07's posts

Last night I inadvertently took Memorial Drive home  from watching the game at friend's and noticed the bright lights of Fenway from the other side of the River. They seemed to light up the whole Boston side and I choked up a bit ( as I did in 2004 &2007 every time I passed Fenway) My Dad got me into this from back when I was a kid and he took the family to the Red Sox games. I was a big fan and had posters of Jim Rice, Dennis Eckersley, others. My little brother had the baseball cards. My Dads fanship has never waivered but as I grew up I grew apart from high interest in pro ( local) sports. I was 'reconnected' to them, particularly the Sox through co-workers it all being rekindled in 2003. And, of course, my Dad always has  the games on, Sox, Pats, Celtics, many college games.  I LOVE listening to the voice of Jerry Remy and Don Orsillo, (especially when they get giggly-makes me laugh,too Laughing).Last night my Dad watched from a nursing home but will be back home, soon for the Celtics & Pats. He'll keep me savvy of all goings on if I'm not watching.

I listened to the Sox season wrap up on the radio  as  I spied those Fenway lights; how amazing this all is from where the Sox were last season,the season b4,how the team came together,Papi inviting team members &their families to his home on numerous occasions (Im told this isnt heard of in pro baseball),the team rallying around the City, after the Marathon bombings, they visited the victims,  and kept a us all going and KEEP doing so, not just because theyre told they should. So much heart, love for the City and fans. Thank you John Farrell,David Ortiz,the whole beautiful,bearded lot.You've really given us something..and more.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Sglo07. Show Sglo07's posts

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from J-BAY. Show J-BAY's posts

Sorry, I didn't post my sooner. Unable at work, due to the IT issues, that still pesist. Thanks Jete. Zac and Steven also, for the congrats, and helping to make this board, what it is. Take that, as you willSealedTongue OutWink 

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from andrewmitch. Show andrewmitch's posts

In response to Sglo07's comment:

nice post

welcome to the forum

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from soups. Show soups's posts

Classy as always, Jete.  See you next season!

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from AL34. Show AL34's posts

In response to Teakus' comment:

Thanks Jete! Gotta admit this one sure feels great! See you next year on the field of battle good sir. Cool

thanks Teak Wink

That was a very classy thing Jete02 Fan. Thank you very much and good luck to your Yankees next season.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from kimsaysthis. Show kimsaysthis's posts

i'm not singling out the Sox, because this happens in a bunch of places after championships, but why must people feel they have to do this???.......Boston Fails To Celebrate Like It's Been There Before

It's probably too late now, but since the Red Sox have won three championships over the past 10 seasons, perhaps this advice will come in handy again in the near future: On the night of a possible World Series clincher, don't park anywhere near Fenway.

By and large the celebrations in Boston were peaceful and jubilant, but some members of Red Sox Nation acted like a championship was a new thing, flipping cars, dodging rubber bullets, and generally taking advantage of the party to cause a little damage. It was the perfect storm for trouble—the Red Sox took a large and early lead, giving residents time to congregate, anticipate, and most importantly, intoxicate.

Cars were flipped, because that's what you apparently do when your team wins a World Series. Here's a frightening one, just outside of Fenway, with the poor driver still inside:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vjtdkLSV6hc

And here's another, location undetermined (though reports indicate that most of the property damage took place around Fenway and Kenmore Square, then moving up Boylston toward Copley):

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t71zE9VxNzY

Some photos of the Boston shenanigans, via Globe online producer Andrew Ba Tran:

Boston Police reported only nine arrests on the night, but as more images pop up, don't be surprised if that number increases. (Hi, ridiculously photogenic car-flipping guy up top! I hope we're not writing something like this about you in 30 years!) Still, a few scuffles with cops is nothing compared to what went down at some New England colleges.

At the University of New Hampshire, it's fair to call it a riot. Police estimated 3,000 unruly students clogging the streets, climbing light poles, and lighting fireworks, until the crowds were broken up with pepper spray and rubber bullets. Five arrests were reported. At Plymouth State, fires were set and students climbed and hung from lampposts until they collapsed. At Keene State College, a car was flipped and students threw rocks and glass bottles at police.

The biggest trouble of the night went down at UMass Amherst, where state police in riot gear waged running battles with rioters, the cops firing tear gas and deploying mounted units, the students throwing anything not nailed down at police. "At least 10" arrests were reportedly made. Here's an edited video showing the night's devolution from euphoric to dangerous:

FTR there are many college kids from all over, not necessarily all Sox fans. Not saying there weren't Sox fans involved, but anyone could have joined in the shenanigans.

Sections
Shortcuts