2014 All Star Team

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from miscricket. Show miscricket's posts

2014 All Star Team

With the All Star team voting well underway..just curious. Is there any single player on the Red Sox that we as fans believe deserves to be called an All Star this year? I know that's not how it works..it's more a popularity contest...but if you were coaching the All Star team..which Red Sox player would you select?

I'd pick Lester and Holt.

"It is not down in any map...trueplaces never are...." ( Melville)

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from seannybboi. Show seannybboi's posts

Re: 2014 All Star Team

I don't care if Pedey was hitting .150.  He's an All-Star just with his defense period.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from pinstripezac35. Show pinstripezac35's posts

U forgot koji miscricket

sorry no holt not enough AB

unless we R talking extreme success

personally I'm not a fan of rookies taking a place of a guy who has done it longer

yes I include the 2nd 1/2 of last yr

and while we R on the subject

I don't consider tanaka a rookie

so no ROY 4 him but AS yes

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from pinstripezac35. Show pinstripezac35's posts

at the risk of bringing politics 2 the  board

U might agree this is worth checking out

Milwaukee Brewers catcher Jonathan Lucroy's making a push to get voted into this season's All-Star Game, and his anti-Yadier Molina, anti-Cardinals message features the kind of mudslinging one could only find in a local political ad.

http://deadspin.com/brewers-catcher-jonathan-lucroys-anti-cardinals-all-sta-1592323001?\

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from pinstripezac35. Show pinstripezac35's posts

In response to djcbuffum's comment:

Those ads are great. Is this the first time a team/player has done that, or am I just oblivious to what's going on out there?

IDK djcbuffum

1st time I heard of it

4 stars 4 good baseball fun

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hammah29r2. Show Hammah29r2's posts

DH = Big Papi!

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from MustangBri. Show MustangBri's posts

In response to miscricket's comment:
    [QUOTE]

With the All Star team voting well underway..just curious. Is there any single player on the Red Sox that we as fans believe deserves to be called an All Star this year? I know that's not how it works..it's more a popularity contest...but if you were coaching the All Star team..which Red Sox player would you select?

Koji for sure. 

I'd be willing to wager Papi will be there also.  MLB needs his sideline "look at me" goofiness at the HR Derby.  Mr. Popularity.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from pumpsie-green. Show pumpsie-green's posts

In response to Hammah29r2's comment:
    [QUOTE]

DH = Big Papi!

[/QUOTE]

I think Victor Martinez is DHing and his numbers are much better than Ortiz's: .337/.995 vs .246/.820. 

WE ARE ALL JUST POPPYSEEDS IN THE BAKERY OF LIFE

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from dannycater. Show dannycater's posts

Uehara, Lackey, and even Lester all should get consideration or placement. Ortiz average is awful. The less Sox in the All-Star Game the better. Guys need to clear their heads and go back to hitting. Fire the batting coach.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from pumpsie-green. Show pumpsie-green's posts

In response to dannycater's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Uehara, Lackey, and even Lester all should get consideration or placement. Ortiz average is awful. The less Sox in the All-Star Game the better. Guys need to clear their heads and go back to hitting. Fire the batting coach.

[/QUOTE]

Those are the three I would think have a shot at it. It wouldn't surprise me if Koji was the only representative. 

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from miscricket. Show miscricket's posts

In response to pumpsie-green's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Those are the three I would think have a shot at it. It wouldn't surprise me if Koji was the only representative. 

[/QUOTE]

Uggh...how could I forget about Koji and Lackey! After further thought ( and coffee)..I agree that Koji will probably be it. Ortiz is #2 in the voting though and the Sox are really pushing him on social media..so you never know.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from miscricket. Show miscricket's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Hasn't their hitting coach been sidelined with a brain hemorrhage?

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from dgalehouse. Show dgalehouse's posts

Koji is the only sure bet. A couple of others might make it.

Stabbed by Foulke.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from crazy-world-of-troybrown. Show crazy-world-of-troybrown's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Agree with this. Sox need to go home Relax, have a few beers, get ready for the Dog Days of Baseball.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from SpacemanEephus. Show SpacemanEephus's posts

In response to MustangBri's comment:

In response to miscricket's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Koji for sure. 

I'd be willing to wager Papi will be there also.  MLB needs his sideline "look at me" goofiness at the HR Derby.  Mr. Popularity.

[object HTMLDivElement]

Just sad, really.  Why the need to rip him?

Guarantee in five years when he is retired and the legend is cemented in its rightful place, all the "Mr. Popularity" bashers will be right in line hailing the greatest Red Stocking of his time.

Sections
Shortcuts