2014 INFIELD.

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

Re: 2014 INFIELD.

In response to garyhow's comment:

In response to notin's comment:

Middlebrooks might also be dealt to fill the void st catcher if Saltalamacchia leaves.

Deals for Hank Conger (Angels) or Devin Mesoraco (Reds) make some sense for both teams...

Way to early to think about trading Middlebrooks. Think he has shown what he is capable of, seems many RS fans forgot how Papi struggled for over a yr following a wrist injury? Too much upside w/ Middlebrooks to trade following a weak season. I would think about Middlebrooks as the future 1B, Naps not the future at best another good season before hip becomes a problem? I like Bogearts @ 3B and try to resign Drew. If Cecchini continues to tear it up next yr, then Bogey or Cecchini eventually moves to LF? But I wouldn't go more than 3 yrs for Drew, good chance someone will go more, the Bogey has to move to SS, Middy stays at 3B til Cecchini ready resign Naps for 1yr and Middy moves to 1B in 2015.

I agree. They wont get rid of him just yet. He had his injuries and all that this year, as well as a bad approach at the plate. I give him every chance to compete for the 3b job for next year.

Cecchini may be a down grade defensively, but a much more solid and consistant bat. 2014 will introduce some new names throughout the season from the system. Lots of guys knocking on the door. Pitchers and positions players.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

Sealed

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Sportswizard1. Show Sportswizard1's posts

In response to shuperman's comment:

Napoli is my 1st choice.  Morales is my 2nd choice but might cost more.  Pedey bogey middle for me is ok.  

I think the OF is gonna be interesting when Jacoby walks.   I also am not sold on bringing salty back.   

Jake is leaving so your going to get a look to see which way the GM goes in an effort to replace him, since he is a premier leadoff hitter that is the most important factor in losing Jake! His defense can be replaced by simply moving Victorino to CF. Our top OF prospects are JBJ-CF, Brentz-RF, Kalish-CF,Castellanos-RF, Hassan-LF, and Maier-OF. So with all these guys vying for the vacant OF field position who do you think gets the job one of these guys or a FA? Whoever it is he better be thick skinned.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from dgalehouse. Show dgalehouse's posts

Maybe we can see if the Tigers would be willing to trade the no hit and overrated defense of Iglesias for the former Cy Young gamer , Peavy. They might go for it , if they think like some posters on here do. If it was good for us, it would be good for them. Right ? 

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hfxsoxnut. Show Hfxsoxnut's posts

In response to dgalehouse's comment:

Maybe we can see if the Tigers would be willing to trade the no hit and overrated defense of Iglesias for the former Cy Young gamer , Peavy. They might go for it , if they think like some posters on here do. If it was good for us, it would be good for them. Right ? 

Are you going to be bitter about trading Iggy for his whole career?

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from S5. Show S5's posts

In response to moonslav59's comment:

Sealed

Could it be that we are thinking the same thing?  Laughing  Laughing

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

In response to Hfxsoxnut's comment:

Im guessing yes.

Peavy did his job. Helped this pitching staff to get into the playoffs. The trade was successful no matter what happens next year.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from dgalehouse. Show dgalehouse's posts

In response to southpaw777's comment:

Im guessing yes.

Peavy did his job. Helped this pitching staff to get into the playoffs. The trade was successful no matter what happens next year.

We win the World Series without Peavy.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from splendidsplinterteddyballgame. Show splendidsplinterteddyballgame's posts

I think everyone should just bask in the glow of the Red Sox winning the world series and leave all the personnel decisions to Ben.  He did a pretty good job for 2013.  I am sure he will do another good job putting the 2014 team  together.  LOL.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from splendidsplinterteddyballgame. Show splendidsplinterteddyballgame's posts

In response to REBEL's comment:

THE MISSTEP HERE WAS TRADING ISTERIAS IN EFFECT FOR PEAVY!  WE WOULDN'T BE HAVING THIS DEBATE IF THAT BAD TRADE WAS NOT MADE!

Who is Isterias?  Never heard of that cat! LOL.  Know your players!

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from splendidsplinterteddyballgame. Show splendidsplinterteddyballgame's posts

Im guessing yes.

Maybe the Sox don't even get into the series without Peavy pitching a heck of a game to help beat TB in game 4.  If Sox had lost that, who knows how a game 5 winner takes all would have turned out.  The trade was a success just based on that.  If Peavy wins 10-15 games next year as a 4th starter, that is icing on the cake.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hfxsoxnut. Show Hfxsoxnut's posts

In response to splendidsplinterteddyballgame's comment:

Maybe the Sox don't even get into the series without Peavy pitching a heck of a game to help beat TB in game 4.  If Sox had lost that, who knows how a game 5 winner takes all would have turned out.  The trade was a success just based on that.  If Peavy wins 10-15 games next year as a 4th starter, that is icing on the cake.

Thank you.

• You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

Im guessing yes.

Please...You cant say we would have or not. What you can say though is Peavy indeed helped get them into the playoffs and pitched a great game 4 against TB. Who knows how a game 5 would have gone with one of their top arms going.

• You have chosen to ignore posts from Hfxsoxnut. Show Hfxsoxnut's posts

Also don't forget the errors by Iggy that helped us beat the Tigers.  The trade helped us in the first two series.

• This post has been removed.

• You have chosen to ignore posts from REBEL. Show REBEL's posts

WHY WAS THE ORIGINAL POST ELIMINATED?  I POSTED THE ORIGINAL POST, AND IT OBVIOUSLY HAS STIMULATED A LOT OF DISCUSSION,  SO....WHY?... AND WITH NO EXPLANATION!

• Sections
    Shortcuts