2014 Red Sox Rookie Program

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Soph. Show Soph's posts

Re: 2014 Red Sox Rookie Program

I can see us giving QO to Peavy, Lackey and Buchholtz when and if that time comes. That will keep the farm system replenished through extra draft picks.

Dealing from position of strength is always a good thing. Winning last year certainly takes some pressure off. Organization can move forward knowing having won 3 of last 10; they need not act out of desperation.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

In response to Soph's comment:
    [QUOTE]

I can see us giving QO to Peavy, Lackey and Buchholtz when and if that time comes. That will keep the farm system replenished through extra draft picks.

Dealing from position of strength is always a good thing. Winning last year certainly takes some pressure off. Organization can move forward knowing having won 3 of last 10; they need not act out of desperation.

[/QUOTE]

Peavy might take the QO.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Soph. Show Soph's posts

In response to moonslav59's comment:

[QUOTE]

Peavy might take the QO.

[/QUOTE]

And I would be good with that.....what is your thought on extending Lester? Do we wait or will this get done before spring training and signed in April?

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

[QUOTE]

In response to moonslav59's comment:

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Peavy might take the QO.

[/QUOTE]

And I would be good with that.....what is your thought on extending Lester? Do we wait or will this get done before spring training and signed in April?

[/QUOTE]

It's a tough call. We all saw what happened with the Beckett extension, but we can't let past failures totally shape future decisions.

I'd try to extend Lester now, before costs go up even more than they have this winter (see the Kershaw extension). I'm not sure what it will take, so it's hard to give an opinion, but I'd be OK with something like this:

$60M/3 with a 4th year option at $15M with a $3M buyout, effectively a $63M/3 deal or a $75M/4 deal.

I might go $80M/4 with a 5th year club option of $15M with no buyout.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from ctredsoxfanhugh. Show ctredsoxfanhugh's posts

I thought some of you might enjoy this.

http://m.mlb.com/video/v31320723/garin-cecchini-hosts-conversations-with-rookies/?partnerId=as_mlb_20140125_17562954

Sections
Shortcuts