2015 Sox Rotation

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from crazy-world-of-troybrown. Show crazy-world-of-troybrown's posts

Re: 2015 Sox Rotation

Workman through Miller might be Trade chips for Stanton this Off-season, and it might not be done.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from dannycater. Show dannycater's posts

Trade Pedroia, Ortiz and Uehara and get it over with. You want to do a FireSale? Do it right.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from bosoxmal. Show bosoxmal's posts

How can you talk about a roration when you have no idea who will be on the roster?

4. This post has been removed.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from SpacemanEephus. Show SpacemanEephus's posts

The Sox have a ton of payroll freed up.  They just got a RH power-bat outfield (check 'must have') for reasonable money for 2015.  Conventional wisdom says they are going to use resources, whether financial or prospects, to rebuild rotation.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from pumpsie-green. Show pumpsie-green's posts

In response to SpacemanEephus' comment:
    [QUOTE]

The Sox have a ton of payroll freed up.  They just got a RH power-bat outfield (check 'must have') for reasonable money for 2015.  Conventional wisdom says they are going to use resources, whether financial or prospects, to rebuild rotation.

[/QUOTE]

RH power bat in Cespedes? Look at his stats. He is only marginally better than Gomes, who was traded. In return, they gave up their ace SP and their #2 SP for two other questionable ball players. They have acquired players who seemingly make it very difficult for one of their top prospect (Betts) to break into the lineup. Unless there are other dominos, these trades look stupid to me. I have completely lost faith in the ability of our FO to make rational baseball decisions and in their willingness to spend what it takes (read: Lester) to compete. Lucking out one year does not excuse the other five.

WE ARE ALL JUST POPPYSEEDS IN THE BAKERY OF LIFE

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Flapjack07. Show Flapjack07's posts

Any trade or signing of an ace will probably just make me angrier...

If they sign someone like Scherzer, I'll be thinking "And why didn't you just sign Lester for less money when you could have and save your draft pick?"

If they trade for someone like Hamels, it will be "And why didn't you just sign Lester and save your prospects for other uses (maybe one with the initials G.S.)?"

These trades clearly signal a desire to compete again asap, and yet they have a huge hole at the top of the rotation to contend with. That they will fill it somehow I have no doubt...but no matter what, they come out worse off than they would have been if they'd just given Lester a fair offer when they had the chance.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from dannycater. Show dannycater's posts

The '13 Title spoiled management--because they now think that it's an easy fix to do things to get you competitive. Except if you don't have SPs, you don't win. And now they have Clay as the ace...think about that...Clay is the ace of the staff.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from SpacemanEephus. Show SpacemanEephus's posts

In response to pumpsie-green's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to SpacemanEephus' comment:
    [QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

RH power bat in Cespedes? Look at his stats. He is only marginally better than Gomes, who was traded. In return, they gave up their ace SP and their #2 SP for two other questionable ball players. They have acquired players who seemingly make it very difficult for one of their top prospect (Betts) to break into the lineup. Unless there are other dominos, these trades look stupid to me. I have completely lost faith in the ability of our FO to make rational baseball decisions and in their willingness to spend what it takes (read: Lester) to compete. Lucking out one year does not excuse the other five.

WE ARE ALL JUST POPPYSEEDS IN THE BAKERY OF LIFE

[/QUOTE]

[object HTMLDivElement]

Right, but that is looking at the trade (lester/Cespedes) without any perspective.  Lester was gone.  They had to get something for him.  Cespedes is a solid consolation.  It wasnt a straight up trade in a vacuum.  Lester was walking anyway.  I would rather have Cespedes than top prospect.  I want a retool not a rebuild.  And, yes they needed a RH power bat.  marginally better than Gomes?  Gomes' numbers are what they are based on the fact that he is not exposed.  The dude is a walking ofer against righties.  Cespedes plays every day.  Apples and oranges.  Thats not even factoring in his defense or speed, signifcant aspects of his game, of which Gomes has nary an iota of either.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Flapjack07. Show Flapjack07's posts

Man, I hope so...

Gordon Edes ‏@GordonEdes 1m
    I'm having a tough time believing this, but I'm told Red Sox plan to make huge effort to re-sign Lester

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from SpacemanEephus. Show SpacemanEephus's posts

In response to Flapjack07's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Man, I hope so...

Gordon Edes ‏@GordonEdes 1m
    I'm having a tough time believing this, but I'm told Red Sox plan to make huge effort to re-sign Lester

[/QUOTE]

[object HTMLDivElement]

Hahaha.  I dont even want to entertain this too much.  If they netted Jon Lester and Cespedes for Lester, thats a win.