2017 World Series: Royals V. Nationals

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bisson1. Show Bisson1's posts

2017 World Series: Royals V. Nationals

These two teams have the best young talent, and potential future superstars in the MLB. Over the past couple years we've seen both organizations start to show a ton of upside. 

The Royals put together a very good lineup last year filled with young home grown/traded prospects such as Hosmer, Moustakas, Butler, and Gordon. These guys are young and very talented. They also have several young players in the system that are projected to be very good once they break into the MLB (Mike Montgomery, Bubba Starling, Wil Myers, and Mike Lamb). The only problem is that the KC payroll is very low, but with the excess of young players they have, they should still be able to be very competitive in a few years.

The Nationals have some of the best prospects in the MLB, namely Strasburgh and Harper, but also Anthoney Rendon and Brad Peacock. The Nationals are a bit further along in the rebuilding process than the Royals, with some all ready MLB ready players in the line up, such as the Zimmermans and Ramos. The upside for the Nationals is that they do have the money to spend, as well as a rich pool of prospects. We've seen them sign Werth and Jackson. With an agressive GM and a lot of talent, the Nationals could be perenial contenders in the near future.

Though the payroll high teams will almost always be amongst the best in the league, It would be nice to see these two organizations eventually have their shot at winning it all. I'll always be rooting for the Sox over these clubs, but to see them win with all this home grown and developed talented would be very nice.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from hill55. Show hill55's posts

Re: 2017 World Series: Royals V. Nationals

The Nationals traded Brad Peacock to the Athletics in the Gio Gonzalez deal.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from jesseyeric. Show jesseyeric's posts

I think TV and Selig would have a heart attack. But I cannot disagree with you at all.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bisson1. Show Bisson1's posts

In Response to Re: 2017 World Series: Royals V. Nationals:
    [QUOTE]The Nationals traded Brad Peacock to the Athletics in the Gio Gonzalez deal.
    Posted by hill55[/QUOTE]

Gio Gonzalez... knew there was something I was missing.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from WE5NUTS. Show WE5NUTS's posts

I agree. I honestly thought the Pirates would win the NL Central until the trading deadline, but I doubt they will be good for a while. They always get talent from the draft in June and trade it away later for junk players. They know how to draft, but don't know how to trade.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from BurritoT. Show BurritoT's posts

The Nationals are in great shape.... I suspect the Royals on the other hand will never put it all together, ever.

The Royals once upon a time had a talented young outfield, namely Damon, Dye, and Beltran. They did zilch to get better in that time.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Medic87. Show Medic87's posts

This would be awesome, however the Royals wont have any of these players by 2017.   

8. This post has been removed.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from law2009a. Show law2009a's posts

m

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from law2009a. Show law2009a's posts

m

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from law2009a. Show law2009a's posts

m

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from law2009a. Show law2009a's posts

m

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from law2009a. Show law2009a's posts

m

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from JB-3. Show JB-3's posts

I don't see it happening for the Royals.  By 2017, the current wave of talent will be gone, or too expensive for the Royals.  Some of the up and coming talent will also be going through arb.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from traven. Show traven's posts

Nationals maybe...they will spend money to keep their stars...but the Royals - they are just in it until they have to sign those stars. 

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from JB-3. Show JB-3's posts

In Response to Re: 2017 World Series: Royals V. Nationals:
    [QUOTE]Nationals maybe...they will spend money to keep their stars...but the Royals - they are just in it until they have to sign those stars. 
    Posted by traven[/QUOTE]

Actually, now that I think about it, the Nationals may not spend the money to keep their stars in 2017.  It all depends on the health of their owner.  Hopefully he'll be fine still, but it's far from a sure thing from what I've read.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from law2009a. Show law2009a's posts

m

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from law2009a. Show law2009a's posts

m

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from law2009a. Show law2009a's posts

m

Sections
Shortcuts