$20M per year bustout

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from SpacemanEephus. Show SpacemanEephus's posts

Re: $20M per year bustout

In Response to Re: $20M per year bustout:
    In Response to Re: $20M per year bustout : So Beckett was a bust last year and the Sox should have released him...got it 
    Posted by thepeskypole6

And yet, Davey does speak some truth.  the Sox have needed the real CC to show up this year, and he hasn't.  It is about right now ... Conversely, you are also on point, and this is what all the people falling over themselves to write Carl's epitaph as BUST are not open to:  a guy having a down year. 

Beckett came back to Beckett.  My educated guess is that carl will come back to Carl.  Meanwhile, he is indeed having a dreadful year.

2. This post has been removed.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from thee---crawful. Show thee---crawful's posts

In Response to Re: $20M per year bustout : If Theo's stupid, where would you rank on the intelligence meter?
    Posted by thepeskypole6

actually, i think you are smarter than theo; that's how stupid i think theo is.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from thee---crawful. Show thee---crawful's posts

In Response to Re: $20M per year bustout : Do you think that if Crawford were moved from Left to Right...do you think that would all of a sudden have him hitting the cut-off man?
    Posted by andrewmitch

andrew, can he actually reach the cutoff man? i haven't seen a weaker arm since i saw tony perkins in FEAR STRIKES OUT.
    ironically, that would be a great title for CRAWFUL'S season this year.

5. This post has been removed.

6. This post has been removed.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from thee---crawful. Show thee---crawful's posts

In Response to Re: $20M per year bustout : He has had an awful year...no denying that...but it doesnt mean he can't have a great postseason that could spring him into next season and the season after. Call me optimistic but I know he is a much better player than he has shown. He is not in decline because of his age so any logical person can see that he will eventually come around. I am hoping his coming around will start tonight and not stop for several years down the road
    Posted by thepeskypole6

i'm sure CRAWFUL will have great post-season. i hear he's an excellent basketball player; so as soon as the regular season's over, i'm sure he'll be playing some hoops. i don't know if crawful plays golf or not.

btw, peskypole, if crawful doesn't turn it around next year, you must climb pesky's pole during the singing of 'sweet caroline' and kind of do a pole-dance.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from DirtyWaterLover. Show DirtyWaterLover's posts

Now is the time for Crawford to step up.  Every other non-pitcher has done his part this year, except for Crawford.  Every member of the offense has been the man for part of the season and some guys have carried the team on multiple occassions, except for Crawford.  It's his time to step up.

As far as complete busts - nothing compares to Lackey.  Lackey has been beyond terrible.  For Crawford to be as bad as Lacket, he'd have to be batting 200.  Terrible, terrible.

9. This post has been removed.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from fgug. Show fgug's posts

In Response to Re: $20M per year bustout : I stand corrected. Because Lackey is struggling that means Crawford will also struggle. Got it! You should run a baseball team. The question is then why isn't Adrian Gonzalez struggling? We traded for him and gave him a big contract yet he has been as advertised. Isn't he suppose to struggle because Crawford is struggling? Why is Beckett pitching so well this year? Theo extended his contract and since Theo just makes mistakes...like Lackey and Crawford, shouldn't Beckett be getting shelled as well?
    Posted by thepeskypole6

Gonzalez is not struggling? Who are you watching? The guy comes up with men in scoring position and either pops up, grounds out or strikes out. he has hit all of four HR's in Fenway since the Break and a whopping 10 in total. He choked against the Yankees with the bases juiced. Grounded to first in which the ball was bobbled and he DID NOT HUSTLE. He May have beat it out or caused an errant throw. The guy is an overpaid prima dona. He is hitting 338 but look at the numbers with men on base, and it tells another story/ He is a disappointment like Crawford. They could have gotten Kotchman back and spent money on pitching. These high paid free agents don'tpay off that often.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from pschuller. Show pschuller's posts

You may say that I'm a dreamer, but I'm not the only one.

Good one, Spaceman! (One of my favorite songs, BTW) I think the real Spaceman would be proud!

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from fgug. Show fgug's posts

Everyone thought the Slobs were the team to beat. Yet I don't understand why. They NEVER had a solid starting rotation. Their player are not tough, except for youk and Tek.The rest of them?  all they have to do is stub a toe and they for weeks. Imagine these guys playing hockey? The would be wearing diapers because they would soil their pants every time somone body checked them.
    They were over rated from the start and played as if they deserved the crown. You have to play tough and smart to win the crown. Oh, having one of the Three Stooges as your manager never helps. What do they pay him to eat seeds for 4 hours a night anyway /> />??

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from thee---crawful. Show thee---crawful's posts

In Response to Re: $20M per year bustout : So you are predicting no playoffs for the Red Sox? So when they do make the playoffs will you be changing your screen name again? You are starting to blow your cover...remember..you are a die hard Red Sox fan who happens to hate every player, manager and front office person with the Red Sox lol
    Posted by thepeskypole6

not quite right pesky breath,

i only hate theo, tito, SLACKEY, CRAWFUL, and drew. how's that equate to every player, idiot?

the reason the SOX won't make the playoffs is mainly because of theo.
    if you don't know this, than stop wasting oxygen that could be used for smarter people.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from pinstripezac32. Show pinstripezac32's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: $20M per year bustout : You have no idea whether or not the Yankees were interested. The Yankees were busy trying to get Cliff Lee. Most people felt the Yankees would go after Crawford after the Lee saga was over. Whether or not that is true nobody knows but Cash and the Steinbrenner's Theo and the Sox did not want to get in a bidding war with the Yanks because they tend to lose those so Theo made Crawford a great offer that he couldn't refuse while the Yankees were trying to get Lee. 
    Posted by thepeskypole6[/QUOTE]

You have no idea whether or not the Yankees were interested.

I see

and you & plinny do

yanks had / have a fine OF with

plenty of SB's without him

hey if it makes you feel better, believe what you wish,

then again  if I wasn't a cc fan myself

and a sox fan I would feel worse about saving ny from cc this yr

The Yankees never made an offer to Crawford, even though Cashman had dinner with him Tuesday night.

Read more: www.thetandd.com/sports/article_42d9348c-0415-11e0-90de-001cc4c002e0.html#ixzz1Y8xFKQVR">http://www.thetandd.com/sports/article_42d9348c-0415-11e0-90de-001cc4c002e0.html#ixzz1Y8xFKQVR

some say the dinner was payback for the mo offer

if it was the other way around

I'm  SURE you would be suggest theo had dinner to raise the price on the yanks

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from andrewmitch. Show andrewmitch's posts

You may say that I'm a dreamer, but I'm not the only one. Good one, Spaceman! (One of my favorite songs, BTW) I think the real Spaceman would be proud!
    Posted by pschuller

Of course Bill Lee would be proud of it.  He's a communist and so was Lennon (aka Lenin); just listen to the words - very disturbing.  A communist/atheist.  Yeah, great song.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from thee---crawful. Show thee---crawful's posts

In Response to Re: $20M per year bustout : Gonzalez is not struggling? Who are you watching? The guy comes up with men in scoring position and either pops up, grounds out or strikes out. he has hit all of four HR's in Fenway since the Break and a whopping 10 in total. He choked against the Yankees with the bases juiced. Grounded to first in which the ball was bobbled and he DID NOT HUSTLE. He May have beat it out or caused an errant throw. The guy is an overpaid prima dona. He is hitting 338 but look at the numbers with men on base, and it tells another story/ He is a disappointment like Crawford. They could have gotten Kotchman back and spent money on pitching. These high paid free agents don'tpay off that often.
    Posted by fgug

hey fgug,
    i agree, but you might as well save your breath. the deniers and fools you're preaching to are similar to members of the tea party movement. in fact, you might want to call these apologists, the red sox nation tea partyists.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from thee---crawful. Show thee---crawful's posts

Everyone thought the Slobs were the team to beat. Yet I don't understand why. They NEVER had a solid starting rotation. Their player are not tough, except for youk and Tek.The rest of them?  all they have to do is stub a toe and they for weeks. Imagine these guys playing hockey? The would be wearing diapers because they would soil their pants every time somone body checked them. They were over rated from the start and played as if they deserved the crown. You have to play tough and smart to win the crown. Oh, having one of the Three Stooges as your manager never helps. What do they pay him to eat seeds for 4 hours a night anyway /> />??
    Posted by fgug

don't leave out pedey.
    hey fgug, i think this could be the start of a great friendship.
    doesn't help to have STAN OLLEY  as the GM either.

18. This post has been removed.

19. This post has been removed.

20. This post has been removed.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from pinstripezac32. Show pinstripezac32's posts

Did I say I knew? Re-read what I actually wrote...then you can apologize to me. Thanks

LOL

it sure looks like you thought you knew

I mean

why else would you

call me out and not the poster I was responding to - plinny

hold on I'll be right back with your apology

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from carnie. Show carnie's posts

In Response to Re: $20M per year bustout : Of course Bill Lee would be proud of it.  He's a communist and so was Lennon (aka Lenin); just listen to the words - very disturbing.  A communist/atheist.  Yeah, great song.
    Posted by andrewmitch
    And what's wrong with being a Communist or atheist, or both? Still, good to see you've found something else to whine about with Drew out.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from thee---crawful. Show thee---crawful's posts

In Response to Re: $20M per year bustout : Nothing like creating screen names in order to have friends.  
    Posted by thepeskypole6

wrong again, columbozo.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from craze4sox. Show craze4sox's posts

In Response to $20M per year bustout:
    Carl Crawford had an 0-for-3 night in Thursday's loss to the Rays, dropping his batting average to .249. He's been hovering between the .248 and .255 range for the past month. He has shown glimpses of breaking out of his season-long slump, but nothing sustained beyond a few games. Crawford's .681 OPS is 92 points off his career average.  Meanwhile, he has career lows in steals, walks, runs, and RBI.
    Posted by ADG

Every year we have a few underachievers.  Is Crawford another Crisp or Lugo that can't play on the big stage?  Maybe but give him another year to prove it one way or another.  Lackey, Wakes age, injuries, a weak pen and Mcdon as our RH OF bat are the real issues. 

25. This post has been removed.

Sections
Shortcuts