$20M per year bustout

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from SpacemanEephus. Show SpacemanEephus's posts

Re: $20M per year bustout

In Response to Re: $20M per year bustout:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: $20M per year bustout : yeah, you sound like a Red Sox fan...or have you dropped that claim? Maybe I have missed a post under one of your other 25 monikers
    Posted by thepeskypole6[/QUOTE]

Yea, he has pretty much abandoned the pretense.  

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from thee---crawful. Show thee---crawful's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: $20M per year bustout : Theo has made mistakes. I don't deny that. The difference is you think he is the worst GM in baseball and Francona is just as bad at what he does. You go to extremes and lose all credibility. It is not just you, there are many like you on this forum who do the same. You gloss over the 2 WS rings like they don't matter and focus on a bad stretch as your proof. Name another MLB franchise who has 2 rings in the last ten years? Who was the manager and GM during those 2 rings? Thanks for playing

i hope you're not too old, because you can keep using that poor excuse until those two mopes finally do get fired.
    i'm hoping the CUBS are still interested in theo; why they would be, i wouldn't know.

3. This post has been removed.

4. This post has been removed.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from JimfromFlorida. Show JimfromFlorida's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: $20M per year bustout : Good point on the batting order position Jim.  But, I think the batting stance and the lack of good pitches are inter-related.  That stance, which actually does close up before he strides, gets him in a great position to smash balls in the zone.  But, it also makes him off balance on balls out of the zone.  And so, since he is not a patient hitter either, he is swinging off balance at way more pitches than he ever has because, as you point to, he isn't seeing good pitches (not having protection excacerbated by his willingness to swing at anything and everything).
    Posted by SpacemanEephus[/QUOTE]
    I agree he also is probably trying to hard to make something that is not there with the pitches he is getting.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from SpacemanEephus. Show SpacemanEephus's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: $20M per year bustout : His lack of patience is what kills him when he goes in a slump. It makes it more pronounced. Add in the pressure he is putting on himself and you get an awful season for him. The Sox WILL make the playoffs and the playoffs are a whole new season. Maybe he can wipe the slate clean mentally and come up big. We will celebrate and some will have to change their screen name on here. 
     thats what i am talkin about pesky!!

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from plinny. Show plinny's posts

Crawford's contract has been and will always be about playing keep away from the Yankees. Not to mention the team's total misuse of his speed in the outfield and his ability to bunt.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from andrewmitch. Show andrewmitch's posts

[QUOTE]Crawford's contract has been and will always be about playing keep away from the Yankees. Not to mention the team's total misuse of his speed in the outfield and his ability to bunt.
    Posted by plinny[/QUOTE]

If the yankees had Crawford and we didn't we'd still be playing for first place.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from SpacemanEephus. Show SpacemanEephus's posts

[QUOTE]Crawford's contract has been and will always be about playing keep away from the Yankees. Not to mention the team's total misuse of his speed in the outfield and his ability to bunt.
    Posted by plinny[/QUOTE]

Agree on point one.  But not sure about the mis-use thing:  he has always played LF ... and, he has less than 60 bunts total in his career.  Its not necessarily a strength of Carl's.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from traven. Show traven's posts

I believe the Sox have put him in the wrong field.  Like putting the man in a cracker box and asking him show you some speed.  The fact that Manny played a great LF tells me that the Sox don't need Crawford there where his speed is almost useless.  Put him in RF and find some slow-footed heavy hitter to play catch with the LF wall. 

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from aussiewill. Show aussiewill's posts

If one can't call a player a bust after 150 games, then when? The guy has no plate discipline, he has never had a great OBP, and that's gotten worse. What's he had 22 walks this season, that's a joke. 460 at bats 22 walks, your kidding.

IMHO , you won't like it, you have seen the best of K.Krawford . ,Thee bust of all busts. Ignore his record , this year , if you must. He has less than 17 steals, has no arm, swings at everything, when's his last clutch hit? C'mon the guy stinks.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from thee---crawful. Show thee---crawful's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: $20M per year bustout : Agree on point one.  But not sure about the mis-use thing:  he has always played LF ... and, he has less than 60 bunts total in his career.  Its not necessarily a strength of Carl's.

except for having an OBP of .280 and a wallet full of cash, what are CRAWFUL'S other strengths?

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from thee---crawful. Show thee---crawful's posts

[QUOTE]If one can't call a player a bust after 150 games, then when? The guy has no plate discipline, he has never had a great OBP, and that's gotten worse. What's he had 22 walks this season, that's a joke. 460 at bats 22 walks, your kidding. IMHO , you won't like it, you have seen the best of K.Krawford . ,Thee bust of all busts. Ignore his record , this year , if you must. He has less than 17 steals, has no arm, swings at everything, when's his last clutch hit? C'mon the guy stinks.
    Posted by aussiewill[/QUOTE]

i can smell him from here.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from thee---crawful. Show thee---crawful's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: $20M per year bustout : If the yankees had Crawford and we didn't we'd still be playing for first place.
    Posted by andrewmitch[/QUOTE]

yankees never wanted crawford; theo's not only stupid, he's paranoid.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from 1958lesspaul. Show 1958lesspaul's posts

carl crawford returning to near career averages doesnt matter. Biggest vaue bust in Red Sox history, which a few vocally protested the contract offer before it was even offered. 

16. This post has been removed.

17. This post has been removed.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from SpacemanEephus. Show SpacemanEephus's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: $20M per year bustout : except for having an OBP of .280 and a wallet full of cash, what are CRAWFUL'S other strengths?
    Posted by thee---crawful[/QUOTE]

nothing this year crawboy.  absolutely nothing to date.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from davescout. Show davescout's posts

[QUOTE]I think ,even more telling than the lack of offensive production (which IMO he seems susceptible to, given his stance and lack of plate discipline), is his complete lack of aggression on the basepaths and his very mimsy defense.  Clearly he is shook.  That being said, unlike others who have written Carl off as a mega$$ bust, I think, given his long contract, he will relax after his first off year and turn back into the Carl Crawford we all knew and hated with the Rays.  His head was definitely not right this year.  But I expect he will settle in for the duration of his contract.
    I don't give a sh#t what he does next year...........It's this year that counts right F@cking now...........Laughing

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from andrewmitch. Show andrewmitch's posts

[QUOTE]I believe the Sox have put him in the wrong field.  Like putting the man in a cracker box and asking him show you some speed.  The fact that Manny played a great LF tells me that the Sox don't need Crawford there where his speed is almost useless.  Put him in RF and find some slow-footed heavy hitter to play catch with the LF wall. 
    Posted by traven[/QUOTE]

Do you think that if Crawford were moved from Left to Right...do you think that would all of a sudden have him hitting the cut-off man?

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from SpacemanEephus. Show SpacemanEephus's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: $20M per year bustout : I don't give a sh#t what he does next year...........It's this year that counts right F@cking now...........
    Posted by davescout[/QUOTE]

you speak truth Davescout.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from law2009a. Show law2009a's posts

m

23. This post has been removed.

24. This post has been removed.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from pinstripezac32. Show pinstripezac32's posts

Posted by plinny[/QUOTE]

Crawford's contract has been and will always be

about playing keep away from the Yankees

U mean B4 or after he signed it

the yanks had little to no interest in cc

B4 he signed it and much less interest now

besides what makes you think if the yanks were interested

sox would win in such a game of keep away ?