25 or 6 to 4

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from SinceYaz. Show SinceYaz's posts

Re: 25 or 6 to 4

In Response to Re: 25 or 6 to 4:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: 25 or 6 to 4 : I preferred them before they got syrupy (cha-ching!); the brass section reminded me of BSW&T (except I thought they were better).
    Posted by nhsteven[/QUOTE]

That's true of a lot, I guess.  I bought all the albums up to the 2nd Greatest Hits.  Note I said albums ... I donated them all to the little local library in the small VA town I lived in back in 1984.  

BS&T are the mythical god fathers of Chicago.  Like them too.  Blue eyed soul.

The horns were a favored part ... but Kath played that guitar with brilliance.  And they blended both sounds like few did.  

The syrupy part even worked for me, being an old (young then) romantic. 

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from SinceYaz. Show SinceYaz's posts

[QUOTE]Notice how Harness and his lackey change the subject, after I prove them wrong. Mods, lock this thread.
    Posted by bettersoftthanlaw[/QUOTE]

Lackey's keeping good company then.

No wonder he's pitching better....

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from harness. Show harness's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: 25 or 6 to 4 : Thanks harness ...  It was better with Terry Kath and Peter Cetera but one's dead and the other left ... so.    I used to get hassled a bit because rock bands don't have horns"  ... I replied the not only have horns but flutes.  That used drive folks into fits of laughter and derision.  "Yeah, name one ...."  Jethro Tull   If they answered "He's just one guy..."  the conversation was over.
    Posted by SinceYaz[/QUOTE]

Yeah. That's what separated them from the rest. Not to discount their talent for implementing interesting material. Their prime sound is ageless.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from nhsteven. Show nhsteven's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: 25 or 6 to 4 : Yeah. That's what separated them from the rest. Not to discount their talent for implementing interesting material. Their prime sound is ageless.
    Posted by harness[/QUOTE]

If you want to check out great brass, see the album Wooding Herman & The Thundering Herds (1940s); more recently, the Brecker Bros; and in classical, any Bruckner or Sibelius Symphony, R. Strauss's Elektra & Salome, Berlioz's Symphonie Fantastique, Dvoraks' NWS, and excerpts from Wagner (especially Siegfried's Funeral Music)

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from harness. Show harness's posts

Yes. Dat dere is some good horns.
    But I'd prefer a more uplifting Dorsey number:)

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from SinceYaz. Show SinceYaz's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: 25 or 6 to 4 : If you want to check out great brass, see the album  Wooding Herman & The Thundering Herds (1940s); more recently, the Brecker Bros; and in classical, any Bruckner or Sibelius Symphony, R. Strauss's Elektra & Salome , Berlioz's Symphonie Fantastique , Dvoraks' NWS , and excerpts from Wagner (especially Siegfried's Funeral Music ) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DrZXEky58Js

Class...

Classic, too!

I have to hear someone say VAHGNER, or else I have to think about .

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from nhsteven. Show nhsteven's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: 25 or 6 to 4 : Class... Classic, too! I have to hear someone say VAHGNER, or else I have to think about .
    Posted by SinceYaz[/QUOTE]

Or .. Welcome to Prague, LOL.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from nhsteven. Show nhsteven's posts

[QUOTE]Yes. Dat dere is some good horns. But I'd prefer a more uplifting Dorsey number:)
    Posted by harness[/QUOTE]

I still love BS&T; which has a little cheesy 60s organ too (ala Jimmy Smith's Chicken Shack or Booker T & The MG's Green Onions), but, what the heck.

And if it wasn't for this thread, I never would have understood this song's title, so thanx for that.

Movie Request: See A Serious Man.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from nhsteven. Show nhsteven's posts

What happened to FarmFan? Did he pull a Catherine The Great?

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from nhsteven. Show nhsteven's posts

Anybody want to make a prediction on when the NFL camps open? I say 2 weeks. If they care about the product and/or the players, they should delay the start of the season; (supposedly there are 4 roster manipulation and mini-camp phases that usually take months that shall occur in about 10 days) but they won't.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from harness. Show harness's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: 25 or 6 to 4 : I still love BS&T; which has a little cheesy 60s organ too (ala Jimmy Smith's  Chicken Shack or Booker T & The MG's Green Onions ), but, what the heck. And if it wasn't for this thread, I never would have understood this song's title, so thanx for that. Movie Request: See A Serious Man.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7iggyFPls4w

This you tube code also addresses Farmhand - 7iggy = 7 times he's been on IGGY. F(Farmhand's) Pls(place) is 4w(a 4-letter word). 

This thread has come full circle!

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from nhsteven. Show nhsteven's posts

[QUOTE]25 or 6 to 4 to 0 25 x daily Obamanation deficit is the number of times Harnut deifies Varitik 6  seconds is the time it takes Varitek to find his passed balls 4 micrometers is the distance between Harnut's toungue and Varitek's backside Is Varitek catching the great Tim Wastefield?   Is Salty catching one of Beckett''s good years?
    Posted by billbyboy[/QUOTE]

Incorrect; he inherited this from W, who started with a surplus from Clinton; so much for conservative thinking.

13. This post has been removed.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from nhsteven. Show nhsteven's posts

[QUOTE]Right. Clinton did the approriations for that surplus, after the Democract Party won the mid term election;) Obama inherited his Pelosi, Reid and Obama, PA record percentage deficits and debt. Steve, being a ward of the State is not something to be proud of. Your vote for entitlements won't keep Obamanation in office, with the 9 percent unemployment that he was able to keep under 9 percent by passing the 1 trillion dollar shove ready jobs Pelosi, Reid and Obama leg tingling stimulis. So much for Marxist entitlement thinking.

You are wrong; I am not a Marxist; and FWIW your twisted term Marxist entitlement thinking is an oxymoron; only a right wing nut job would draw such a conclusion based on my posts, or those of similar ilk; just using the Marxist card raises a red flag (NPI); there's sound conservative thinking, then there's unsound, and you rarely fall into the former; also, don't be surprised if Obama gets re-elected. In that case, then what would you do? Start shooting people from the rooftops?

15. This post has been removed.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from nhsteven. Show nhsteven's posts

[QUOTE]I'm never surprised when the American people vote for promises of something for nothing. Wards of the State has been popular, and Obama has increased unemployment and set records on total numbers of Wards of the State. Steve, you'll be voting for more hope and change into your post office box.

The unemployment rate would be worse if a Repub was in office; and FWIW, I'm not, to quote Sarah Palin "a hopey changey" person; I'm a "lesser of two evils" person; I'm also no ward of the state type; here's guessing however you're a legacy silvery spoony type.

17. This post has been removed.