2.5 years and 10,000 posts later

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

2.5 years and 10,000 posts later

I noticed yesterday that I've accumulated almost 10,000 posts the past 2.5 years here on BDC OTFB and just started thinking about why I continue to post here and the other regulars that come here everyday to discuss their favorite team and their favorite game....Baseball, and the Sox. Even the MFY fans that come here tooWink

Ive gotten to know quite a few online personalities here as well as having some contact outside of OTFB with a couple of you. Ive had some great back and forth and have also had some very heated "discussions". I try my best to have respect and see others viewpoints, but Ive had to apologize more than once for sometimes letting my passion get the best of me. Im sure we all have at some point. I enjoy our game threads and even some of the reactionary impulse posts during the games. No matter how level-headed or off the wall, it all shows the great passion we all have for the Red Sox.

I very rarely post on other forums. Maybe one or 2 more, but not nearly as frequently as I do here. This has become sort of like my online Red Sox home. I love this game and love this team and I hope to see 20,000 posts in the next few years, still talking baseball and Red Sox with all of you. Thanks guys!! And GO SOX!!!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bill-806. Show Bill-806's posts

Re: 2.5 years and 10,000 posts later

Cool   All this on  A-RODS day in the SUN !!!!!!!

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from ANONMD08. Show ANONMD08's posts

Hopefully continuing to talk about Red Sox baseball well into October when they reach the playoffs barring any collapse. You as a long time sox fan should know that they have had them in epic proportions. RSN is alive and well no matter where you are.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from ANONMD08. Show ANONMD08's posts

Bill, I haven't seen anything yet but did the banning coming out?

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from J-BAY. Show J-BAY's posts

Congrats, paw. You're an informed and respected poster, who makes the board better

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from J-BAY. Show J-BAY's posts

In response to ANONMD08's comment:

Bill, I haven't seen anything yet but did the banning coming out?

Re: BREAKING: AP Source: Rodriguez lone holdout as 12 players accept drug suspensions from baseball.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

Only 10K? Rookie.... ;-)

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from crazyworldoftroybrown. Show crazyworldoftroybrown's posts

Congratulations, if the Sox win tonight, they'll hit 69 wins which is what they had last year. I'm betting 2 milestones today.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from jete02fan. Show jete02fan's posts

10K..wow!!!.....what a slackerTongue Out

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from LloydDobler. Show LloydDobler's posts

10,000? Phwt ... slacker.

Atta boy Southie! One of my favorite posters here.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from craze4sox. Show craze4sox's posts

In response to southpaw777's comment:

I noticed yesterday that I've accumulated almost 10,000 posts the past 2.5 years here on BDC OTFB and just started thinking about why I continue to post here and the other regulars that come here everyday to discuss their favorite team and their favorite game....Baseball, and the Sox. Even the MFY fans that come here tooWink

Ive gotten to know quite a few online personalities here as well as having some contact outside of OTFB with a couple of you. Ive had some great back and forth and have also had some very heated "discussions". I try my best to have respect and see others viewpoints, but Ive had to apologize more than once for sometimes letting my passion get the best of me. Im sure we all have at some point. I enjoy our game threads and even some of the reactionary impulse posts during the games. No matter how level-headed or off the wall, it all shows the great passion we all have for the Red Sox.

I very rarely post on other forums. Maybe one or 2 more, but not nearly as frequently as I do here. This has become sort of like my online Red Sox home. I love this game and love this team and I hope to see 20,000 posts in the next few years, still talking baseball and Red Sox with all of you. Thanks guys!! And GO SOX!!!

Congrats on all the posts southpaw.  Its always a pleasure having someone so level headed to discuss baseball with.  You always seem to evaluate both sides of an issue and debate them with equal respect whether you agree or not.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from jete02fan. Show jete02fan's posts

congrats SP  Cool

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from ThefourBs. Show ThefourBs's posts

In response to J-BAY's comment:

Congrats, paw. You're an informed and respected poster, who makes the board better

Agreed!

But, Southpaw does need to get a life. Laughing

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

In response to ThefourBs' comment:

In response to J-BAY's comment:

[QUOTE]

Agreed!

But, Southpaw does need to get a life. Laughing

[/QUOTE]

I agree...I obviously have waaaay too much time onmy hands these days.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

Thanks guys, I appreciate it, but this thread isnt so much about my posting 10,000+ times here as it speaks to the other posters that frequent this chat board. If there wasnt such a good diverse group of baseball fans here I would never have stayed here for 2.5 years.

even MFY fans like you jeteSealed

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from ZILLAGOD. Show ZILLAGOD's posts

I hit 10,000 a while back.

Really it's not that hard to do, I have a few long winded rants from time to time. Mainly if you keep your responses short and sweet ( mine are sometimes not so sweet) but I try to tell it like I believe it is , not always what people want to hear. ( I think I've been wrong a time or two....but please, don't let it become common knowledge , okay?)

I have used this forum as practice for my dreadful typing skills. I never used a typewriter in my life, so when confronted with a keyboard I was forced to learn to type. I'm still slow and a bit clumsy, but I am getting better and faster all the time ( still thankful for the "edit post" tab, though!

"All the president is, is a glorified public relations man who spends his time flattering, kissing and kicking people to get them to do what they are supposed to do anyway." - Harry S. Truman

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bill-806. Show Bill-806's posts

Southpaw .......  As SOFTY would say ...................   "Lefty, welcome to the 10,000+ club, any gosh darn fool can rackup the #'s, but it takes a good baseball mind, the love of the game and thick skin to last on this board" !!!!  On behalf of SOFTY, congratulations !!!!

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from jete02fan. Show jete02fan's posts

Thanks guys, I appreciate it, but this thread isnt so much about my posting 10,000+ times here as it speaks to the other posters that frequent this chat board. If there wasnt such a good diverse group of baseball fans here I would never have stayed here for 2.5 years.

even MFY fans like you jeteSealed

LOL...glad i could help Wink

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Sheriff-Rojas. Show Sheriff-Rojas's posts

Happy milestone, Southie.  I appreciate your presence on this chatboard.  Keep the posts comin'.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from jete02fan. Show jete02fan's posts

In response to ZILLAGOD's comment:

I hit 10,000 a while back.

Really it's not that hard to do, I have a few long winded rants from time to time. Mainly if you keep your responses short and sweet ( mine are sometimes not so sweet) but I try to tell it like I believe it is , not always what people want to hear. ( I think I've been wrong a time or two....but please, don't let it become common knowledge , okay?)

I have used this forum as practice for my dreadful typing skills. I never used a typewriter in my life, so when confronted with a keyboard I was forced to learn to type. I'm still slow and a bit clumsy, but I am getting better and faster all the time ( still thankful for the "edit post" tab, though!

"All the president is, is a glorified public relations man who spends his time flattering, kissing and kicking people to get them to do what they are supposed to do anyway." - Harry S. Truman

Zill, your's is impressive(not saying SP's isn't) b/c it has to be hard to find an internet cafe while you're busy leveling cities.Tongue OutLaughing

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from mef429. Show mef429's posts

congratz SP.

shoutout to Softlaw for giving up his lunch to you on a daily basis.

Some say a storm is coming, Some say the end is near.

Some think it's all so hazy, I think it's all so clear.

Some say they have the answers, some say they know the truth.

Some people live in question, some people have no clue.

If there was no tomorrow, if there was just today.

would you make different choices? or would you stay the same?

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from miscricket. Show miscricket's posts

Congrats to you :-) Boy...those posts pile up fast don't they???  In all seriousness..I really enjoy reading your posts Southpaw and I always feel like I learn something from them.

One thing I can say with absolute certainty..is that given my pace of posting I will never hit the 10K mark.

"It is not down in any map...trueplaces never are...." ( Melville)

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Promise4you2. Show Promise4you2's posts

I had 10,00 of something once. I just forgot where I put it!

Congrats to a good poster even if I dont always agree.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from S5. Show S5's posts

Congrats, SP.

There are some here who post from the metrics angle of the game and others (like me) who post more from the heart, but you bridge the gap very nicely. I know when I see something written by you it's going to be well thought out with equal parts of logic and Red Sox passion. 

Keep doing what you're doing.  Smile

Having the right to do something doesn't make it the right thing to do.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

Thanks guys...I enjoy talking baseball with all of you guy and appreciate that you keep it honest and respectful, whether we agree or not.