1. You have chosen to ignore posts from CONIGfan25. Show CONIGfan25's posts

I thought the Red Sox said they would be particular about who they would let wear #25 seeing it was worn by Conig and Lowell. Now they let Jackie Bradley wear it? Am I missing something here? If I am, clue me in.

2. This post has been removed.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from stan17. Show stan17's posts

Re: #25

What could've been, Tony C. had 104 HR's in his first 4 seasons, he was 22 years of age. If he wasn't the youngest to 100 Hr's he's got to be close.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Soxdog67. Show Soxdog67's posts

As far as I understand it, the number would be available to any player that asked for it, and since Bradley lost #44 to Peavy and chose 25. End of story.

Plus what's wrong with Bradley wearing it? Maybe he turns out to be the player that retires the number...one never knows with rookies.

I saw Tony C play, and in '67 he looked like the clean-up hitter for the future until Jack Hamilton beaned him. However, his resume in MLB was too short to merit Red Sox HOF induction and retiring of his number.

The fact the Lowell was a key member of the 2007 championship team also was not enough to warrant retiring of the number...cripes Bobby Valentine even wore it.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from BosoxJoe5. Show BosoxJoe5's posts

While Tony C was more tragic, Lowell meet much more to the franchise and he still isn't worthy of being the last one to the number.

6. This post has been removed.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from SinceYaz. Show SinceYaz's posts

As much as you now aspire to be the mouthpiece for Tony C's heritage, as well as the keeper of what the Red Sox' corporate mindset of that which is supposedly hallowed, you miss the value of letting the future star that JBJ is expected to be and what value it adds to the heritage of 25.

Your indignance is questionable.  It is wrapped up in supposition that you somehow hold Tony C in higher reguard by yourself and a presentation that is built solely around your own willingness to bandy about his name and number to somehow express your superior concern.

Consider the moment at hand that the Red Sox see Jackie Bradley Jr. as a future star and that only honors #25 ... not dishonors it.

I realize you are just muck raking, but I also think it is fair to counter muck ....

otherwise only the stink remains.

8. This post has been removed.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from CONIGfan25. Show CONIGfan25's posts

In response to SinceYaz's comment:

As much as you now aspire to be the mouthpiece for Tony C's heritage, as well as the keeper of what the Red Sox' corporate mindset of that which is supposedly hallowed, you miss the value of letting the future star that JBJ is expected to be and what value it adds to the heritage of 25.

Your indignance is questionable.  It is wrapped up in supposition that you somehow hold Tony C in higher reguard by yourself and a presentation that is built solely around your own willingness to bandy about his name and number to somehow express your superior concern.

Consider the moment at hand that the Red Sox see Jackie Bradley Jr. as a future star and that only honors #25 ... not dishonors it.

I realize you are just muck raking, but I also think it is fair to counter muck ....

Wow, you all took what I said far too seriously. Muck raking? I'm not the one who's sitting on their high horse. I would just simply  like to see someone with a story that's inspiring to wear the #25. As far as I know Bradley doesn't have one. Lowell came back from having cancer, even Valentine had one because he knew Tony C. Have you thought that maybe you're wound a little too tight? Thanks for proving that Red Sox fans can be nasty jerks. 

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Sheriff-Rojas. Show Sheriff-Rojas's posts

In response to CONIGfan25's comment:

[QUOTE]

Wow, you all took what I said far too seriously. Muck raking? I'm not the one who's sitting on their high horse. I would just simply  like to see someone with a story that's inspiring to wear the #25. As far as I know Bradley doesn't have one. Lowell came back from having cancer, even Valentine had one because he knew Tony C. Have you thought that maybe you're wound a little too tight? Thanks for proving that Red Sox fans can be nasty jerks. 

[/QUOTE]

I'm with Since Yaz on this one.  All the way.  His response was in equal measure to the tone of your OP.  You were the one who mounted the high horse first.  Took what you said far too seriously? Then why the heck did you start a thread about it if you didn't want to be taken seriously?   You need to take a good look at yourself first.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from 67redsox. Show 67redsox's posts

In response to CONIGfan25's comment:

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

I don't know how much you know about this board.  Some people make it their goal to attack other posters.  You will get to know who they are.

You can choose to ignore them or respond.  I choose to ignore rather than go down that nasty road.

There are some great posters here, you will get to know them also.

As far as tony c goes I have no problem with others wearing his number.  The sox chose not to retire the number so any player can wear it.

Sections
Shortcuts