3-0 Was not only stupid ball move of the night!!!

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from zenawp. Show zenawp's posts

3-0 Was not only stupid ball move of the night!!!

With Pedroia on first and nobody out and Gonzalez, Youk and Ortiz to follow why is he trying to steal second base ????? Staying at first even leaves a big hole on right side for Gonzalez ??????

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from SpacemanEephus. Show SpacemanEephus's posts

Re: 3-0 Was not only stupid ball move of the night!!!

I haven't seen that many question marks since the last time the Riddler hit Gotham City.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hfxsoxnut. Show Hfxsoxnut's posts

Pedroia is having a fine season as a base-stealer with 22 swipes in 27 attempts.  I'm guessing you weren't complaining too much on the 22 successful ones.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from ZILLAGOD. Show ZILLAGOD's posts

The stupid move is starting this negative thread after a win.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from maxbialystock. Show maxbialystock's posts

He was out by a mile, but he still should have tried.  AGon and Youk were ice cold in this Yankee series--between them, 0 rbi's.  Ortiz had 1 rbi, the dinger in game 1.  If Pedroia had made it, one of them might actually have done something useful in that game. 

I'm a huge fan of both of them.  The Yankees just seemed to have their numbers this time. 

Pedroia has great instincts. 

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from GoUconn13. Show GoUconn13's posts

The game was tie, and the yankees pitching staffs other than C.C. have been doing a fine job for the whole weekend at the same time, Boston havent stole much bases for the whole weekend.  If you look at the stats of Martin throwing out runners, he allowed 64 stolen bases compare to he caught 25 stolen bases stealers.  That is 89 stolen bases attempts against Martin.  So therefore, there is high percentage that he would fail to catch the base stealers.  Not last nite.  Oh well, it happen!!

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from georom4. Show georom4's posts

In Response to Re: 3-0 Was not only stupid ball move of the night!!!:
    I haven't seen that many question marks since the last time the Riddler hit Gotham City.
    Posted by SpacemanEephus

Holy negativity Batman! I'm never one to call out anyone for griping but we actually tied it in the 9th by bunting the guy over! Amazing Spacebat!

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from SpacemanEephus. Show SpacemanEephus's posts

In Response to Re: 3-0 Was not only stupid ball move of the night!!! : Holy negativity Batman! I'm never one to call out anyone for griping but we actually tied it in the 9th by bunting the guy over! Amazing Spacebat!
    Posted by georom4

Haha.  G- the funny thing is, if you look at the game thread, there was actually some griping about the bunt after it happened.  not in THAT situation.  Man, Tito can't win I guess.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from PawsoxPhil. Show PawsoxPhil's posts

In Response to 3-0 Was not only stupid ball move of the night!!!:
    With Pedroia on first and nobody out and Gonzalez, Youk and Ortiz to follow why is he trying to steal second base ????? Staying at first even leaves a big hole on right side for Gonzalez ??????
    Posted by zenawp

The throw that nailed Pedroia got him because it was errant. It was thrown into the runner and six feet to the right of the bag. Cano caught it and Pedroia ran into the tag. Serendipidous.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from RedSoxKimmi. Show RedSoxKimmi's posts

Gonzalez also leads the league in GIDP.   Maybe Tito wanted to avoid that.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Alibiike. Show Alibiike's posts

I thought holding up Ortiz scoring with two out on the base hit by Scutaro was stupid. You have to try to score there. I don't think Swisher can throw him out.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from LloydDobler. Show LloydDobler's posts

Rapidly becoming the Red Sox Nation theme song...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RPEc2_qzYMI

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from maxbialystock. Show maxbialystock's posts

In Response to 3-0 Was not only stupid ball move of the night!!!:
    Posted by zenawp

AGon, the next guy up, grounded to 2B.  With Pedroia on first, that would have been a pretty automatic double play.  As noted above, AGon leads the AL in GIDP. 

But my larger point is this.  Pedroia has been huge this year and has terrific baseball smarts.  Where do you get off calling him stupid?  That's not the same as saying, "well I would have done it this way."  No, you had to call him stupid.

And that makes you not exactly the brightest bulb on OTFB. 

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from dannycater. Show dannycater's posts

Did the "stupid ball" cost the team a win? Did the Sox win? One wonders when reading this thread.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from dannycater. Show dannycater's posts

And there is something to be said about trying to steal to avoid a DP. Gonzo is a slow runner who lately has not been hitting as well as his MVP numbers.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from LloydDobler. Show LloydDobler's posts

And there is something to be said about trying to steal to avoid a DP. Gonzo is a slow runner who lately has not been hitting as well as his MVP numbers.
    Posted by dannycater

And it's not like it Papi or Youk on base, either. Pedey is 22 of 27 this year, which is a far better percentage than Ellsbury or Crawford.
    It is stunning some of the insanity on this board, even after an amazing win.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from DirtyWaterLover. Show DirtyWaterLover's posts

Hew was trying to be aggressive.  It puts him in scoring position and takes away the double play. 

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from fivekatz. Show fivekatz's posts

Wow. Imagine if the RS lost.

Among stupid moves would have been pinch running for Ortiz if the RS did not score in 10th. Bringing in Wheeler, Papelbon and Bard if any of them gave up a run.

Only on BDC can one experience the thrill of a walk off extra win against the NYY on national TV and the agony of reading about it the next morning on this forum.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from dannycater. Show dannycater's posts

I don't recall the outrage when CC refused to try to steal when Rivera got Reddick on strikes the other night. Wasn't that the perfect pitcher to steal on, perfect time to steal and perfect time to put a guy in scoring position? CC went 9 for 12 but his recent no steal policy after coming back from his hamstring problems is as troubling as his complete failure to be a quality OF in the first 100 games.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from dannycater. Show dannycater's posts

I'd rather see Pedroia attempt to steal than CC stand on a base when the team NEEDS HIM TO STEAL.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from sportsbozo1. Show sportsbozo1's posts

He was out by a mile, but he still should have tried.  AGon and Youk were ice cold in this Yankee series--between them, 0 rbi's.  Ortiz had 1 rbi, the dinger in game 1.  If Pedroia had made it, one of them might actually have done something useful in that game.  I'm a huge fan of both of them.  The Yankees just seemed to have their numbers this time.  Pedroia has great instincts. 
    Posted by maxbialystock
    Actually it took a great play by Jeter to get him as Pedey was already strating to slide away from him when the tag grazes the top of Pedey's left clete. Gonzo hasn't been hot as of late! The only plays I even questioned from Tippy: Giving a guy with a .186 batting average swing away on 3-0 counts is just plain dumb! Also his continued failure to call for the bunt in game situations runners at first and second with less than two outs. However like one poster already said why post the negatives after a victory?

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hfxsoxnut. Show Hfxsoxnut's posts

The only plays I even questioned from Tippy: Giving a guy with a .186 batting average swing away on 3-0 counts is just plain dumb! Also his continued failure to call for the bunt in game situations runners at first and second with less than two outs. However like one poster already said why post the negatives after a victory?
    Posted by sportsbozo1

You mean no outs, right?  Even smallball devotees would rarely advocate a bunt with one out.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from fivekatz. Show fivekatz's posts

Also his continued failure to call for the bunt in game situations runners at first and second with less than two outs.

I assume you mean with no outs. If there is one out, bunting with a runner in scoring positin already is a very bad move.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from donrd4. Show donrd4's posts

Pedroia is having a fine season as a base-stealer with 22 swipes in 27 attempts.  I'm guessing you weren't complaining too much on the 22 successful ones.
    Posted by Hfxsoxnut

Thats a great answer. Just laugh at those after the fack Jacks.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from Big-E. Show Big-E's posts

You won't catch me complaining about anything the following people do: Ells, Pedey, Gonzo, Youk, Reddick, Salty, Tek, Lester, Beckett, Bard, Tito, Epstein (you prefer Cashman ?), Wake (even Lackey - try working at a top level with personal tragedy in your family) and Scutaro. (I don't include Papi only because he's so one dimensional so I moan about him in silence - but he is what he is and I love watching him). You play every day, you have assorted aches and pains that no fan ever hears about, as management you make decisions on the basis of what you know, and then you have people sounding off who have little or no clue of the realities. (Case in point - imagine the ruckus about Ellsbury's missed opportunities last night if he hadn't been such a hero lately !)This is by far the most exciting team in baseball. As for me, I'm gonna lie back and enjoy it while it lasts. 

Sections
Shortcuts