3-1 against the Indians and 3-1 against the Phillies

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from BosoxJoe5. Show BosoxJoe5's posts

3-1 against the Indians and 3-1 against the Phillies

If we do that we probably head into the Yankees series in first place. I really like how the pitching lines up over the next 8 days.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from ThefourBs. Show ThefourBs's posts

Re: 3-1 against the Indians and 3-1 against the Phillies

In response to BosoxJoe5's comment:

If we do that we probably head into the Yankees series in first place. I really like how the pitching lines up over the next 8 days.

Possible.

But, the Yankees are playing the Rays and Mets.

The Rays have been playing better, but he Mets always seem to roll over for the Yankees.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

Hopefully the Rays pitching steps up and the Mets can take one from NYY.

I like our chances against both Cleveland and Phillies. Neither will be a pushover with the Tribe exceeding all expectations so far this year. Load up on LHH against Masterson.

6-2 is definitely possible.

4. This post has been removed.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from BosoxJoe5. Show BosoxJoe5's posts

In response to softlaw2's comment:

While you are pipe dreaming, why not just go for 8-0.

I am not sure you understand what a pipe dream. What do expect in the next 8 games?

6. This post has been removed.

7. This post has been removed.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Indiansbacker. Show Indiansbacker's posts

I don't think you'll beat Nasty Masty tonight.  He is one of the best pitchers in baseball this year (7-2) and has been getting leftys out, too.  I think there will be a 2-2 split in the series....

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from BosoxJoe5. Show BosoxJoe5's posts

Probability is 5-3, which is quite good. This team is going to have a lot of problems at home.

So 6-2 is a pipe dream but 5-3 is realistic. I think I was right questioning how you define a pipe dream.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from ADG. Show ADG's posts

I am not sure you understand what a pipe dream. What do expect in the next 8 games?

Maybe 5-3 or 4-4. Considering that two of the five pitchers (Dempster and Doubront) have been fairly bad recently, and secondly, outside of Pedroia and Ortiz, no one is hitting.

11. This post has been removed.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from BosoxJoe5. Show BosoxJoe5's posts

In response to ADG's comment:

Maybe 5-3 or 4-4. Considering that two of the five pitchers (Dempster and Doubront) have been fairly bad recently, and secondly, outside of Pedroia and Ortiz, no one is hitting.

Since we only use short samples. Doubrant is fine now, right? One bad start, one horrible relief appearance and one decent start. So that means he is decent by some people on this boards standards.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

In response to ADG's comment:

Since we only use short samples. Doubrant is fine now, right? One bad start, one horrible relief appearance and one decent start. So that means he is decent by some people on this boards standards.

Sounds about right with some. Bad game=bad pitcher good game=good pitcher and so on and so on.

14. This post has been removed.

15. This post has been removed.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

I was just looking for this thread...Thats one series 3-1

17. This post has been removed.

18. This post has been removed.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

Well, if we can split this series, its still a positive. Ill take 5-3. 6-2 WAS ambitious, but very possible. I think if we didnt have to play to the dumb NL rules and play our normal team, we might of had a better chance. NL needs to adopt the DH very soon. Ih well, it is what it is... Im still liking what Lackey is giving us. Hes giving us QS and keeping us in the game.

20. This post has been removed.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from S5. Show S5's posts

Bubble playoff team with 2 CF'ers who can't slug v. LP, a career bench bum in Carp, and career bench bum in Gomes, and a career bench profile in Nava who needs to platoon v. RP. That's not going to get it done, and the playoff bubble will either pop or the team will be lucky to win a playoff game and go out in the first round of the playoffs.    

So in Softy's opinion this team has been mismanaged into a team that has a fair chance to make the playoffs.  

That's not entirely bad for a team in a rebuilding year that was supposed to be ~.500. 

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from BosoxJoe5. Show BosoxJoe5's posts

Yes, as I stated, 5-3 would be quite good. Both the Phillies and Indians are pretenders, just like the Red Sox.

I'd like to see middle management make bold trade moves, and not get a false sense of secuirty with a 32-22 record.

I would see if the Cubs are interested enough in dumping Soriano's last 1.5 year costs (about 27 million) enough to send he and Dan Vogelbach, who is blocked by Rizzo.

I would then like to see them sell Ellsbury's contract to the highest NL bidder who offers a top 100 consenses ranked prospect who currently has good numbers in AA ball or above.

Soriano would then be a 2014 platoon bridge profile.

The OF would then look like this:

LF Soriano (excellent slugging fit in Fenway v. LP)

CF Bradley/Shane

RF Shane/Nava

Gomes is RH pinch hit bat for Iglesias, Salty, Bradley, Nava and S. Drew, and takes the DH v. enough LH starters to where Ortiz doesn't start more than 110 games total.

There is no need to keep both S. Drew and Carp on the roster. Easier to get rid of Carp and use S. Drew as the lefty bat. One of them needs to be the bench LH bat pinch hitter, along with a platooning Nava. Iglesias should take over the starting SS job, and S. Drew should be ordered to play 3B and become the UIF'er/backup 1B, even if he's trying to impress the upcoming winter market as a starting SS. If he sulks about it, send cash and get rid of him.

The 1B depth chart should be Napoli, S. Drew & Nava

This team needs a RH slugging bat profile in the OF, v LP.

Of course, managment is going to continue status quo, which means the biggest weakness shall remain a weakness. And the notion that it "hasn't mattered so far" will be exposed over the 162 games.

Bubble playoff team with 2 CF'ers who can't slug v. LP, a career bench bum in Carp, and career bench bum in Gomes, and a career bench profile in Nava who needs to platoon v. RP. That's not going to get it done, and the playoff bubble will either pop or the team will be lucky to win a playoff game and go out in the first round of the playoffs.    

Your moves make the team much worst and all driven by whether or not you like a player.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from BosoxJoe5. Show BosoxJoe5's posts

In response to southpaw777's comment:

Well, if we can split this series, its still a positive. Ill take 5-3. 6-2 WAS ambitious, but very possible. I think if we didnt have to play to the dumb NL rules and play our normal team, we might of had a better chance. NL needs to adopt the DH very soon. Ih well, it is what it is... Im still liking what Lackey is giving us. Hes giving us QS and keeping us in the game.

The good thing for us Red Sox fans is that they will be in first place heading to NY. Which was more important than 6-2. The Yankees are in some trouble. They have played way over their heads and finally starting to show what they really are.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from MustangBri. Show MustangBri's posts

Yes, as I stated, 5-3 would be quite good. Both the Phillies and Indians are pretenders, just like the Red Sox.

I'd like to see middle management make bold trade moves, and not get a false sense of secuirty with a 32-22 record.

I would see if the Cubs are interested enough in dumping Soriano's last 1.5 year costs (about 27 million) enough to send he and Dan Vogelbach, who is blocked by Rizzo.

I would then like to see them sell Ellsbury's contract to the highest NL bidder who offers a top 100 consenses ranked prospect who currently has good numbers in AA ball or above.

Soriano would then be a 2014 platoon bridge profile.

The OF would then look like this:

LF Soriano (excellent slugging fit in Fenway v. LP)

CF Bradley/Shane

RF Shane/Nava

Gomes is RH pinch hit bat for Iglesias, Salty, Bradley, Nava and S. Drew, and takes the DH v. enough LH starters to where Ortiz doesn't start more than 110 games total.

There is no need to keep both S. Drew and Carp on the roster. Easier to get rid of Carp and use S. Drew as the lefty bat. One of them needs to be the bench LH bat pinch hitter, along with a platooning Nava. Iglesias should take over the starting SS job, and S. Drew should be ordered to play 3B and become the UIF'er/backup 1B, even if he's trying to impress the upcoming winter market as a starting SS. If he sulks about it, send cash and get rid of him.

The 1B depth chart should be Napoli, S. Drew & Nava

This team needs a RH slugging bat profile in the OF, v LP.

Of course, managment is going to continue status quo, which means the biggest weakness shall remain a weakness. And the notion that it "hasn't mattered so far" will be exposed over the 162 games.

Same old blathering b.s.    Only difference is you neglected to mention J. Upton in this one.   You're slipping.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from jete02fan. Show jete02fan's posts

In response to ThefourBs's comment:

Possible.

But, the Yankees are playing the Rays and Mets.

The Rays have been playing better, but the Mets always seem to roll over for the Yankees.

hey 4B's, i guess you forgot to forward that memo to the Amazins Tongue OutSurprised

Sections
Shortcuts