3 back with 141 to go... piece of cake

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from joel49. Show joel49's posts

3 back with 141 to go... piece of cake

So much easier to swallow than 2-10.  The turnaround starts today!  We WILL make the playoffs (posted April 16th).

Edit: 9-11 now and out of the cellar.

Edit (April 24th): 10-11 now, 1/2 game out of 2nd and 3 1/2 out of first.  What a difference eight days can make.  I'll be letting this thread go now.  I believe I've made my point.

Edit (April 25th):  Couldn't resist adding that NY has lost to the ChiSox bringing our boys to within three games of first.  Tomorrow we hopefully hit the .500 mark.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Yoshimi25. Show Yoshimi25's posts

Re: 5 back with 150 to go... piece of cake

A proverbal walk in the park. 

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from J-BAY. Show J-BAY's posts

good post joel. the fans are overreacting.  it's been a disappointing start to a promising season, but there is a long way to go. the players have a different and more realistic outlook than the fans. my brother played minor league baseball got to AAA injury ended his career. i called him this morning for his take on it. "it's not their time, it will come. when it does, another team will struggle" im holding him to it. on francona he said its his job to not panick, show the players he has their back and confidence in them.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from ZILLAGOD. Show ZILLAGOD's posts

Winning 120 games was supposed to be a "piece of cake" for this team.

Now 85 wins looks like a stretch.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from andrewmitch. Show andrewmitch's posts

I love when they say they need to "get back on track"

Hello?  Getting BACK on track would suggest they were on the track in the first place!

How about just getting on track.  Forget back. 

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from andrewmitch. Show andrewmitch's posts

In Response to Re: 5 back with 150 to go... piece of cake:
    [QUOTE]Winning 120 games was supposed to be a "piece of cake" for this team. Now 85 wins looks like a stretch.
    Posted by ZILLAGOD[/QUOTE]

Dude, right now winning 3 games seems incredibly difficult.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from joel49. Show joel49's posts

Yeah, it may look like a stretch, Zilla, but a little 10-5 "streak" would go a long way toward lifting the gloom.  It starts today.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from joel49. Show joel49's posts

They'll snap out of it, Andrew.  Will you?

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from andrewmitch. Show andrewmitch's posts

Joel - how is this team ever going to go 10-5?

It would be a moral victory if we could have some stretches of going 5-10.  5-10 would put them in line for a big turn around.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from joel49. Show joel49's posts

With good pitching and timely hitting, Andrew.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from andrewmitch. Show andrewmitch's posts

[QUOTE]They'll snap out of it, Andrew.  Will you?
    Posted by joel49[/QUOTE]

When they gave me a sign of life I will. 

I have said this many times:  as  much as I hate losing I can tolerate it as long as we play good ball.  I will not tolerate bad ball. 

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from joel49. Show joel49's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: 5 back with 150 to go... piece of cake : When they gave me a sign of life I will.  I have said this many times:  as  much as I hate losing I can tolerate it as long as we play good ball.  I will not tolerate bad ball. 
    Posted by andrewmitch[/QUOTE]

I'm with you on that one.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from dgalehouse. Show dgalehouse's posts

Saying that there are 150 games to go is a bit misleading. Sox need to turn this around in the next 2 or 3 weeks. If they continue to play this poorly and fall something like 20 games under .500, there will be no coming back. Management will throw in the towel and become " sellers." They will start to rebuild for next year. So they really don't have 150 games to turn it around.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from andrewmitch. Show andrewmitch's posts

With good pitching and timely hitting, Andrew.
    Posted by joel49

Of course, Joel but what have you seen so far that would tell you they are about to turn the corner with timely hitting and good pitching?

Is it the team ERA of 8?  That 3 of 5 starters have no W's? 

How many big hits have you seen?

Help me out here.....

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from joel49. Show joel49's posts

Just a feeling, Andrew, just a feeling.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from andrewmitch. Show andrewmitch's posts

I will say this again, if they are stuck on say 3 wins when they came back from the West Coast, they simply can not go on as is.  Francona should be gone and huge roster changes should be made.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from joel49. Show joel49's posts

[QUOTE]Saying that there are 150 games to go is a bit misleading. Sox need to turn this around in the next 2 or 3 weeks. If they continue to play this poorly and fall something like 20 games under .500, there will be no coming back. Management will throw in the towel and become " sellers." They will start to rebuild for next year. So they really don't have 150 games to turn it around.
    Posted by dgalehouse[/QUOTE]
    Not likely, dgale.  They'll be in the mix by the break.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from royf19. Show royf19's posts

In Response to 5 back with 150 to go... piece of cake:
    [QUOTE]So much easier to swallow than 2-10.  The turnaround starts today!  We WILL make the playoffs. 
    Posted by joel49[/QUOTE]

I was thinking the sme thing earlier. For all the ugliness of a 2-10 start, five games back in August isn't necessarily a big deal, let alone, April.

Of course before we even start thinking playoffs, we need to start winning a few games. Let's get to .500, then I'll start thinking playoffs again.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from andrewmitch. Show andrewmitch's posts

[QUOTE]Just a feeling, Andrew, just a feeling.
    Posted by joel49[/QUOTE]

Feelings are OK but I like to base my feelings on a ounce of evidence that would support hope.  Just an ounce. 

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from andrewmitch. Show andrewmitch's posts

Joel - why is that not likely?  How likely did you think they'd go 2-10?  And yet here we are.....Trust me, it is very possible.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from joel49. Show joel49's posts

[QUOTE]I will say this again, if they are stuck on say 3 wins when they came back from the West Coast, they simply can not go on as is.  Francona should be gone and huge roster changes should be made.
    Posted by andrewmitch[/QUOTE]
    Agreed, but I don't see them being "stuck on say 3 wins."  Come on.  There are too many better than average players on this team to keep stinking it up like this.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from CMHBOSOX. Show CMHBOSOX's posts

We're certainly DUE to get some timely hitting and good pitching. I'm still trying to come to terms with Jared Weaver having twice as many wins as the Sox. We're 1-7 in starts by Lester, Beckett and Buchholz. That needs to change and soon. Hopefully, Josh picks up where he left off Sunday night. Good first inning.

Would like to see some aggressiveness on offense. Attack the ball early in the count, hit and run, etc. This isn't the mid-2000's offense where you had a bunch of good two-strike hitters. When you get a pitch to hit, you need to do damage regardless of where you're at in the count.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from ZILLAGOD. Show ZILLAGOD's posts

This should make you all feel better.

Charlie Sheen says we should shut up and we shouldn't be upset or worried.

Now I'm REALLY worried!

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from joel49. Show joel49's posts

Re: 5 back with 149 to go... piece of cake

A much needed win today.  Yeah, I know, I'm stating the obvious.  We're on the way back.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from carnie. Show carnie's posts

[QUOTE]Joel - why is that not likely?  How likely did you think they'd go 2-10?  And yet here we are.....Trust me, it is very possible.
    Posted by andrewmitch[/QUOTE]You should change your screen name to chicken little.