3 back with 141 to go... piece of cake

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from andrewmitch. Show andrewmitch's posts

Re: 5 back with 149 to go... piece of cake

Joel - let's see what Lester does tomorrow first..........

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ice-Cream. Show Ice-Cream's posts

Boston will be 15-15 after 30 games and then get the ball rolling.  :)

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from royf19. Show royf19's posts

In Response to Re: 5 back with 149 to go... piece of cake:
    [QUOTE]Boston will be 15-15 after 30 games and then get the ball rolling.  :)
    Posted by Ice-Cream[/QUOTE]

C'mon think postive. The Sox will be 20-10 after 30 games.

And maybe Tito will channel Morgan Magic when the Sox won 24 of 25 (something like that) when Joe Morgan took over and the Sox will be 26-11 after 37 games.

Cool

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonTrollSpanker. Show BostonTrollSpanker's posts

Joel, if Beckett is gonna pitch like that we might just be a decent team.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from cogtc777. Show cogtc777's posts

If this were the football season the Red Sox would be 0-1.  Would the season be over?????

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Flapjack07. Show Flapjack07's posts

Re: 5 back with 150 to go... piece of cake

In Response to Re: 5 back with 150 to go... piece of cake:
    [QUOTE]Winning 120 games was supposed to be a "piece of cake" for this team. Now 85 wins looks like a stretch.
    Posted by ZILLAGOD[/QUOTE]
    According to who? Such predictions were foolishness to begin with, and I wouldn't use them to evaluate the team's success in any way, shape, or form. It's like someone declaring that A-Gon is going to hit 60 home runs and then feeling let down if he only hits 35-40.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from zack5042. Show zack5042's posts

Okay well if Beckett and Lester keeping pitching that will get us started. I think most of us know Clay will turn it around so lets see if Lester and Beckett pitch like they are and Clay turns it around then thats 3/5 thats a .600 team i will take that!

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Kamdog. Show Kamdog's posts

If a team can come back from 5 games behind in August, they sure as sh!t can come back from 5 games behind in April.

Geez, fellas, it is a long season.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from RonSwanson. Show RonSwanson's posts

Deep breaths, everyone. We can't win seven games in one night, but if we put together a nice little five game win streak things will start to look much sunnier. Youk is starting to heat up, and Lester will only get better from here. Take a step back from the ledge and realize that 92% of the season has yet to be played.

Also, if you think Francona should be fired, don't call yourself a Sox fan. Start rooting for the (10-4) Indians, and see how far that gets you.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from losmediasrojas. Show losmediasrojas's posts

I swear, if andrewmitch were connected with the management of a baseball team, or any organization for that matter, his subordinates would run him through a mulch machine. 

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from royf19. Show royf19's posts

[QUOTE]Deep breaths, everyone. We can't win seven games in one night, but if we put together a nice little five game win streak things will start to look much sunnier. Youk is starting to heat up, and Lester will only get better from here. Take a step back from the ledge and realize that 92% of the season has yet to be played. Also, if you think Francona should be fired, don't call yourself a Sox fan. Start rooting for the (10-4) Indians, and see how far that gets you.
    Posted by RonSwanson[/QUOTE]

I don't know if I'd call Youkilis heating up. It's more like warming up. He does have a six-game hitting streak, but he has yet to have a multi-hit game this year.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from harness. Show harness's posts

I swear, if andrewmitch were connected with the management of a baseball team, or any organization for that matter, his subordinates would run him through a mulch machine. 
    Posted by losmediasrojas

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2Ez-r8zTQu4

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from RonSwanson. Show RonSwanson's posts

Point well taken. He's not there yet but he's starting to look more comfortable, at least. I'm just happy to see him starting to swing it with a little authority. 
    I'd like to see him shut up some of the doubters (like the insufferable Aaron Boone) and go 4-4 with a few RBI. I don't want to hear about his thumb possibly being a factor for the whole year.

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: 5 back with 149 to go... piece of cake : I don't know if I'd call Youkilis heating up. It's more like warming up. He does have a six-game hitting streak, but he has yet to have a multi-hit game this year.
    Posted by royf19[/QUOTE]

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from mikzor. Show mikzor's posts

A Red Sox thread with optimism in it. Its like a torrential downpour out of a clear blue sky, its just doesnt seem possible.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from jackyldo. Show jackyldo's posts

EXACTLY THE CASE JOEL.. win  em  1 at a time   get a couple of   4 and  5  game win streaks    No one in the East will run away with it  playing each other 18 times..  Just have to be sure to take   2 out of 3 in most of those AL East series.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from royf19. Show royf19's posts

. win  em  1 at a time 

Yeah, but if the Sox had a real manager, he'd find a way to win three or four in one day.

Tongue out

My philosophy for when a team is behind in the standings has always been — don't worry about winning streaks, just win each series. That usually does the trick and will now. However, I wouldn't mind seeing the Sox rip off a nice six-game winning streak or so or maybe two four-game winning streaks sandwiched around one loss.

The Sox have 13 more games this month. If they go at least 8-5, that puts them 11-15 to end the month. Not great, but it's a start. Going 9-4 for a 12-14 record would be better. I wouldn't expect anything better, but I'd take it.

But before they do any of that, they need to show they can win back-to-back games.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from SinceYaz. Show SinceYaz's posts

Joel,

Congrats on the right mind set!!!

If it was 5 out and September to go .... maybe a little concern.  Maybe!

We got it in the bag.  It'll be a fight, but that makes it all the more fun.  I can hear responses now, "Yeah, you won, but that juggernaut didn't run away with it, did it?"  Most important part will be ""You won."  :o)

Have a great summer, Joel!!!!

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from SinceYaz. Show SinceYaz's posts

[QUOTE]. win  em  1 at a time 

Yeah, but if the Sox had a real manager, he'd find a way to win three or four in one day.

My philosophy for when a team is behind in the standings has always been — don't worry about winning streaks, just win each series. That usually does the trick and will now. However, I wouldn't mind seeing the Sox rip off a nice six-game winning streak or so or maybe two four-game winning streaks sandwiched around one loss. The Sox have 13 more games this month. If they go at least 8-5, that puts them 11-15 to end the month. Not great, but it's a start. Going 9-4 for a 12-14 record would be better. I wouldn't expect anything better, but I'd take it. But before they do any of that, they need to show they can win back-to-back games.
    Posted by royf19[/QUOTE]

Love it, Roy!  Ha!

The rest of you post is most sensible.  (Are we allowed to be that way?)

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from joel49. Show joel49's posts

[QUOTE]. win  em  1 at a time  Yeah, but if the Sox had a real manager, he'd find a way to win three or four in one day. My philosophy for when a team is behind in the standings has always been — don't worry about winning streaks, just win each series. That usually does the trick and will now. However, I wouldn't mind seeing the Sox rip off a nice six-game winning streak or so or maybe two four-game winning streaks sandwiched around one loss. The Sox have 13 more games this month. If they go at least 8-5, that puts them 11-15 to end the month. Not great, but it's a start. Going 9-4 for a 12-14 record would be better. I wouldn't expect anything better, but I'd take it. But before they do any of that, they need to show they can win back-to-back games.
    Posted by royf19[/QUOTE]

Mission accomplished.  The streak grows some legs.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from joel49. Show joel49's posts

[QUOTE]Joel - let's see what Lester does tomorrow first..........
    Posted by andrewmitch[/QUOTE]
    Now what say you, Andrew.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from royf19. Show royf19's posts

Re: 4 1/2 back with 148 to go... piece of cake

Let's root for Texas. If the Rangers win tonight, the Sox are just four back.

DiceK is going to be key tomorrow. If he can somehow pull it together, maybe things will really take off.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from joel49. Show joel49's posts

Yeah, Roy, three in a row sounds big right now.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from J-BAY. Show J-BAY's posts

In Response to Re: 4 1/2 back with 148 to go... piece of cake:
    [QUOTE]Let's root for Texas. If the Rangers win tonight, the Sox are just four back. DiceK is going to be key tomorrow. If he can somehow pull it together, maybe things will really take off.
    Posted by royf19[/QUOTE]

I root for two teams roy.....the Red Sox and whoever play the Yankees.

GO RANGERS!!!!

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from andrewmitch. Show andrewmitch's posts

Lester and Becektt look good.  The next 3 games will be important to see what the other 3 starters will be able to bring this season.

I say let's see what happens over the next 3 weeks and hope they can get back to 500 ball and then build off of that. 

For now, they are still off to a terrible start and you can't like tomorrow's pitching match-up. 

Remember, they dug a big hole and 3/5th of their rotation is a mess.  You aren't going to turn around the season in one weekend.  Slow and steady will be the key.  However, IF they can some how get to 7-10 by the time they fly to LA then maybe they would have turned the corner.  But for now, you need to slow down your expectations.....

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from garyhow. Show garyhow's posts

Time to start playing some good baseball. 2 in a row is a start.