3 back with 141 to go... piece of cake

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from harness. Show harness's posts

Re: 4 1/2 back with 147 to go... piece of cake

Thanks Hill.
    Do you have the numbers going back to when inter-league play was initiated?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from hill55. Show hill55's posts

In Response to Re: 4 1/2 back with 147 to go... piece of cake:
    [QUOTE]Thanks Hill . Do you have the numbers going back to when inter-league play was initiated?
    Posted by harness[/QUOTE]
    You can look it up:

http://www.baseball-reference.com/teams/

I had to go through each team's schedule and record for each year.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from harness. Show harness's posts

I thought you might have had this data handy.
    There should be an easier way to find this out.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from joel49. Show joel49's posts

Re: 4 1/2 back with 146 to go... piece of cake

Great outing by Lackey yesterday.  Too bad Hale (or Terry from the locker room) didn't ride that horse a little longer, but it's just not their MO.  Anyway, I am totally encouraged by Lackey's showing.  They just ran up against a buzz saw in Anderson.  His breaking ball was unhittable.  Sometimes you just have to tip your cap.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from J-BAY. Show J-BAY's posts

That's the long and the short of it Joel. 'Nuff said.

I guess you didnt hear the sky is falling.....and falling fast. YellTongue out

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from georom4. Show georom4's posts

Piece of cake!!!!

lol reminds me of Dustin Hoffman's character in Wag The Dog everytime something goes wrong with the fake war he is producing

this is nothing!....

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from joel49. Show joel49's posts

In Response to Re: 4 1/2 back with 146 to go... piece of cake:
    [QUOTE]That's the long and the short of it Joel. 'Nuff said. I guess you didnt hear the sky is falling.....and falling fast.
    Posted by J-BAY[/QUOTE]
    If they don't win one on the road soon, it'll come crashing down with a fury.  No time like the present to get that monkey of their collective backs.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from joel49. Show joel49's posts

In Response to Re: 4 1/2 back with 146 to go... piece of cake:
    [QUOTE]Piece of cake!!!! lol reminds me of Dustin Hoffman's character in Wag The Dog everytime something goes wrong with the fake war he is producing this is nothing!....
    Posted by georom4[/QUOTE]
    Good one, geo.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from joel49. Show joel49's posts

Re: 4 back with 145 to go... piece of cake

First road win - check.  Has anyone noticed that the starters' collective ERA this last time through the rotation is microscopic? 

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from digger0862. Show digger0862's posts

In Response to Re: 4 back with 145 to go... piece of cake:
    [QUOTE]First road win - check.  Has anyone noticed that the starters' collective ERA this last time through the rotation is microscopic? 
    Posted by joel49[/QUOTE]
    1.45 if I did my math right.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from joel49. Show joel49's posts

Looking like the staff we all touted coming into the season, digger.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from digger0862. Show digger0862's posts

I would say so Joel. In the last 5 games, these are the starters averages:
    6.2 IP 4 H 1 ER 2.2 BB 4.4 K .2 HR 99 Pitches, not too shabby!

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from joel49. Show joel49's posts

Re: 4 1/2 back with 145 to go... piece of cake

Not too shabby, indeed.  Unfortunately, Colon tossed a good one today and the damn Yankees downed the Jays.  Back to 4 1/2 again.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from joel49. Show joel49's posts

Re: 4 back with 144 to go... piece of cake

Great game thrown by Beckett, Bard, Jenks and Pap in game one vs the Angels.  What have you got to say now, Andrew?  Are you starting to believe yet?

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from joel49. Show joel49's posts

Re: 3 1/2 back with 143 to go... the cake's getting smaller

How about this pitching staff, huh?  ERA for the starters keeps going down.  Lester pitched another good one last night.  Don't know about Jenks.  Pap was painting his fastball.  When this team starts hitting, watch out!

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from andrewmitch. Show andrewmitch's posts

In Response to Re: 4 back with 144 to go... piece of cake:
    [QUOTE]Great game thrown by Beckett, Bard, Jenks and Pap in game one vs the Angels.  What have you got to say now, Andrew?  Are you starting to believe yet?
    Posted by joel49[/QUOTE]

Get to .500 first.....I'd like to see how we do tonight without Papelbon too as the bullpen has too many holes.  Win tonight and all of sudden you are seeing a completely different team than the first 2 weeks of the season....

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from joel49. Show joel49's posts

In Response to Re: 4 back with 144 to go... piece of cake:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: 4 back with 144 to go... piece of cake : Get to .500 first.....I'd like to see how we do tonight without Papelbon too as the bullpen has too many holes.  Win tonight and all of sudden you are seeing a completely different team than the first 2 weeks of the season....
    Posted by andrewmitch[/QUOTE]

Man, you are hard to please.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from andrewmitch. Show andrewmitch's posts

Dude, under .500 with a shaky pen........how far you gonna with that?

I don't know about you but I ain't comfortable heading into May in last freakin place.....

It's a swing game....if they lose they are 8-12 vs a win @ 10-11......they simply can not let up now......they need to get out of that historic-sized hole they dug for themselves asap........

They simply can not let their foot off of the pedal now and pat themselves on the back....5 A's and 5 F's only get you a "C" average.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from joel49. Show joel49's posts

Andrew, you are impossible.  They've won six of their last seven and all you can do is tell us to wait and see how they do in their next game(s).  Will you ever give credit where credit's due?  You have made the following posts on this thread.

How about just getting on track.

Dude, right now winning 3 games seems incredibly difficult.

Joel - how is this team ever going to go 10-5? It would be a moral victory if we could have some stretches of going 5-10.  5-10 would put them in line for a big turn around.

They'll snap out of it, Andrew.  Will you?
    Posted by joel49

When they gave me a sign of life I will. 

Joel - let's see what Lester does tomorrow first..........

I don't know about you but I ain't comfortable heading into May in last freakin place.....

They win, they win, and they win some more.  Bottom line, Andrew, is that they could run off ten straight and you would not be satisfied unless they are leading the division.  Am I right?

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from andrewmitch. Show andrewmitch's posts

When you lose and you lose and you lose you got a LOT of winning to do to make it up.

The starting pitching has turned it around.  I am completely amazed that they can go from terrible to great just like that.  Only complaint on D is the catcher but hey, Theo needs more than just 4 years to find a real catcher.....Line Up is a little concerning - too many LOB's and I'd take Crisp over Craw right now.....and still, notta one bona fide lefty in the pen (when it takes 2 to win).

Other than that, one game at a time...The hole was deep man.......

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from andrewmitch. Show andrewmitch's posts

No, Joel but is 500 too much to ask for? 

It looks good but what if they lose 2 or 3 straight....8-14 would make winning 6 of 7 not as meaningful........

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from joel49. Show joel49's posts

Ooh ... I think you're coming around, Andrew.  Middle relief has been scary.  Salty is not yet working out, but if the rest of the team can start hitting, I'm okay with that.  I have no doubt that Crawford will turn it around soon.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from joel49. Show joel49's posts

In Response to Re: 3 1/2 back with 143 to go... the cake's getting smaller:
    [QUOTE]No, Joel but is 500 too much to ask for?  It looks good but what if they lose 2 or 3 straight....8-14 would make winning 6 of 7 not as meaningful........
    Posted by andrewmitch[/QUOTE]

Damn!  I just gave you credit for starting to come around and then saw your latest post.  If they lose two or three straight the sky will not fall.  They will rebound and reel off a few wins.  There are 143 games left, man.  Just enjoy the ride.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from andrewmitch. Show andrewmitch's posts

Like I said, they dug themselves such a hole that they have to just take one game at a time and keep winning....they simply can not afford another 0-5 or 2-8 stretch this season.........get to .500 before May and then we'll take 2 minutes out for cake and then it's back to work because 81 games ain't gonna cut it......

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from carnie. Show carnie's posts

In Response to Re: 3 1/2 back with 143 to go... the cake's getting smaller:
    [QUOTE]Like I said, they dug themselves such a hole that they have to just take one game at a time and keep winning....they simply can not afford another 0-5 or 2-8 stretch this season.........get to .500 before May and then we'll take 2 minutes out for cake and then it's back to work because 81 games ain't gonna cut it......
    Posted by andrewmitch[/QUOTE]One game at a time has always been coach hoodie's mantra, it seems to be working out for him...