3 back with 141 to go... piece of cake

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from upperco1. Show upperco1's posts

Re: 3 1/2 back with 143 to go... the cake's getting smaller

In Response to Re: 3 1/2 back with 143 to go... the cake's getting smaller:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: 3 1/2 back with 143 to go... the cake's getting smaller : Damn!  I just gave you credit for starting to come around and then saw your latest post.  If they lose two or three straight the sky will not fall.  They will rebound and reel off a few wins.  There are 143 games left, man.  Just enjoy the ride.
    Posted by joel49[/QUOTE]

6 games over 500 by June 1, Joel. EIGHT without any rainouts! How's your foot?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from joel49. Show joel49's posts

I'm doing great, upper.  Thanks for asking.  No longer wearing the boot.  Still sore but getting better by the day.  Should be able to play a double header in another month.

And I like your prediction.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from joel49. Show joel49's posts

In Response to Re: 3 1/2 back with 143 to go... the cake's getting smaller:
    [QUOTE]Like I said, they dug themselves such a hole that they have to just take one game at a time and keep winning....they simply can not afford another 0-5 or 2-8 stretch this season.........get to .500 before May and then we'll take 2 minutes out for cake and then it's back to work because 81 games ain't gonna cut it......
    Posted by andrewmitch[/QUOTE]
    I can live with that, but the cake will probably be gone by May 1st.  The only reason there is any left is that it is still Passover and I haven't been able to eat any for the past few days.  Fortunately, with seven games left to go in April and a record of 8-11, .500 by May 1st may constitute another piece of cake. 

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from joel49. Show joel49's posts

Re: 3 1/2 back with 142 to go... like I said, piece of cake

9-11 and out of the cellar.  Another gem by Daisuke.  Your move, Andrew.  Have you come around from the dark side yet?

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from carnie. Show carnie's posts

In Response to Re: 3 1/2 back with 142 to go... like I said, piece of cake:
    [QUOTE]9-11 and out of the cellar.  Another gem by Daisuke.  Your move, Andrew.  Have you come around from the dark side yet?
    Posted by joel49[/QUOTE]Not if he can still b#tch about JD Drew.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from joel49. Show joel49's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: 3 1/2 back with 142 to go... like I said, piece of cake : Not if he can still b#tch about JD Drew.
    Posted by carnie[/QUOTE]

Have you noticed he hasn't been doing that of late?  I come to praise Andrew, not to bury him.  It's a welcome change.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from carnie. Show carnie's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: 3 1/2 back with 142 to go... like I said, piece of cake : Have you noticed he hasn't been doing that of late?  I come to praise Andrew, not to bury him.  It's a welcome change.
    Posted by joel49[/QUOTE]Nice Shakespeare reference. Easy to tell you're from NorCal.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from joel49. Show joel49's posts

By way of Malden, MA, carnie.  Had to learn that soliloquy at Malden High School.  Forty-five year reunion coming up in Sept., and it's looking like it will be a good time to be heading to Boston.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from joel49. Show joel49's posts

Re: 3 1/2 back with 141 to go... like I said, piece of cake

With a record of 10-11 now, our boys are a 1/2 game out of 2nd and 3 1/2 out of first.  What a difference eight days can make.  I'll be letting this thread go now.  I believe I've made my point.  I'm still waiting for Andrew (and any other non believers) to eat a bit of crow, though.  Anyone who doubted this team would turn it around has lost points in my book.

Keep the faith!

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from andrewmitch. Show andrewmitch's posts

Joel - looks like the Old Towne Team is back in business!!!!!!!!

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from joel49. Show joel49's posts

In Response to Re: 3 1/2 back with 141 to go... like I said, piece of cake:
    [QUOTE]Joel - looks like the Old Towne Team is back in business!!!!!!!!
    Posted by andrewmitch[/QUOTE]
    Right on, bro!

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from joel49. Show joel49's posts

Re: 3 back with 141 to go... piece of cake

Just a game under .500 and only three games back after NY's loss to the ChiSox today.  It just gets better and better.