3 GREAT WALKS !!!!!

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from rsinsider. Show rsinsider's posts

3 GREAT WALKS !!!!!

And a double !!!!! GREAT GAME SALTY !!!!! LOL I love JBJ as much as the next guy but come on RSN we played great as a team !!!! Great game .... We are gunna need EVERY guy on this team to win this division !!!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

Re: 3 GREAT WALKS !!!!!

You know im a big salty supporter. He said he was going to work on hispatience at the plate and it looks like he has. He was laying off pitches that he would have swung at last year. A couple people were complaining about a couple balls missed in the dirt, but when you set up inside and that nasty slider goes way outside, its not as easy as some think. He also bocked some very tough ones too. Good start for salty and also given the confidence by Farrell by starting him against a tough LHP.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheFoe13. Show TheFoe13's posts

In response to southpaw777's comment:

You know im a big salty supporter. He said he was going to work on hispatience at the plate and it looks like he has. He was laying off pitches that he would have swung at last year. A couple people were complaining about a couple balls missed in the dirt, but when you set up inside and that nasty slider goes way outside, its not as easy as some think. He also bocked some very tough ones too. Good start for salty and also given the confidence by Farrell by starting him against a tough LHP.

i totally agree. i know it's only 1 game but i think this is a sign of things to come from Salty.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from RedSoxKimmi. Show RedSoxKimmi's posts

I know it's only been one game, but the walks by Salty and the overall plate discipline by the team were most encouraging to see.  This was an aspect of the game that was sorely missed by the Sox offense last year.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from pumpsie-green. Show pumpsie-green's posts

Salty's OPS through July 31 last year: .801. After that: .624.

Like many catchers he tends to fade as the season progresses. Same thing in 2011 (.790/.646). Farrell is going to have to make sure he gets sufficient time off this year to minimize the risk of that pattern repeating itself.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheFoe13. Show TheFoe13's posts

In response to pumpsie-green's comment:

Like many catchers he tends to fade as the season progresses. Same thing in 2011 (.790/.646). Farrell is going to have to make sure he gets sufficient time off this year to minimize the risk of that pattern repeating itself.

that's why they have D Ross. a backup who is capable of playing against both RHP and LHP so you can rest Salty.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from RedSoxKimmi. Show RedSoxKimmi's posts

To me, the bigger issue is how well Salty continues to progress with his handling of the pitching staff.  His offense is secondary.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from rsinsider. Show rsinsider's posts

Point being 3 walks and jbj is in the hall of fame .... 3 walks and a double don't mention it !!!!  Salty is key to this lineup producing !!!! Heck of a first game for a guy turning into a leader !!!

9. This post has been removed.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheFoe13. Show TheFoe13's posts

In response to TV-Guy's comment:

In response to rsinsider's comment:

Point being 3 walks and jbj is in the hall of fame .... 3 walks and a double don't mention it !!!!  Salty is key to this lineup producing !!!! Heck of a first game for a guy turning into a leader !!!

HOF??? You are basing this on what?  Yes there is hyperbole but that is what sells newspapers and gets ratings. Negativity also sells newspapers and gets ratings. The same thing with this forum. Extreme reactions whether fake or real is what draws gullible posters to this forum. Inflate or delate everything, that is what draws flies to cow dung. Wake up.

it's over your head pike.. no need to explain it to you.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from LloydDobler. Show LloydDobler's posts

Wow, Salty had only 38 walks in 448 plate appearances last year!

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheFoe13. Show TheFoe13's posts

In response to LloydDobler's comment:

Wow, Salty had only 38 walks in 448 plate appearances last year!

his plate discipline was his biggest problem last season. he said he has been working on it ad it's shown. If he draws more walks (while retaining his power) he will be one of the best catchers in the game (offensively)

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxdirtdog. Show redsoxdirtdog's posts

VERY TRUE!  Lots of positives being overlooked due to the JBJ shaddow.  It truly was a GREAT TEAM win.

So many positives!  Would have liked to see Lester go a bit deeper though....

Great games for Salty, Pedey, Iggy, JBJ, Ells, & Vic.....  oh & a GREAT BP>>>> 

GREAT POINT!  This was a HUGE TEAM win!  :)

14. This post has been removed.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

In response to TV-Guy's comment:

In response to rsinsider's comment:

HOF??? You are basing this on what?  Yes there is hyperbole but that is what sells newspapers and gets ratings. Negativity also sells newspapers and gets ratings. The same thing with this forum. Extreme reactions whether fake or real is what draws gullible posters to this forum. Inflate or delate everything, that is what draws flies to cow dung. Wake up.

ugh...

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from mef429. Show mef429's posts

moon said it was a mistake to start Salty on opening day against the tough left hander.

Salty bites thy thumb at thee moon!!

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from J-BAY. Show J-BAY's posts

In response to mef429's comment:

moon said it was a mistake to start Salty on opening day against the tough left hander.

Is that you, foe?UndecidedTongue Out

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

It was a smart thing for Farrell to do that. He showed salty he had confidence in him. Salty had a solid game yesterday and was very impressive at the plate. Hopefully he can carry that out throughout the season.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from pumpsie-green. Show pumpsie-green's posts

In response to RedSoxKimmi's comment:

To me, the bigger issue is how well Salty continues to progress with his handling of the pitching staff.  His offense is secondary.

The two facets of his game are not mutually exclusive. Both are important. This is not an overpowering offensive team and they cannot afford Salty to have an OPS of .624 for the last two months of the season again if they want to have any chance to compete for a playoff spot. Ross has to assume a larger role than previous backup catchers IMO, and he has to be productive as well.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from mef429. Show mef429's posts

In response to J-BAY's comment:

Is that you, foe?UndecidedTongue Out

it's good to be "back".

thanks JBay

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from mef429. Show mef429's posts

It was a smart thing for Farrell to do that. He showed salty he had confidence in him. Salty had a solid game yesterday and was very impressive at the plate. Hopefully he can carry that out throughout the season.

i agree. Farrell has seen Salty more than any of us in ST. he's talked to the salt man and knows what he worked on and how much he's progressed. Starting him against CC was an affirmation to the work saltys put in.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

i agree. Farrell has seen Salty more than any of us in ST. he's talked to the salt man and knows what he worked on and how much he's progressed. Starting him against CC was an affirmation to the work saltys put in.

good to see you reinstated mef.

There was no reason to temporarily ban you since its perfectly within the rules to post other gamethreads here. maybe Pike should read the rules before he speaks his ignorance again.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from mef429. Show mef429's posts

There was no reason to temporarily ban you since its perfectly within the rules to post other gamethreads here. maybe Pike should read the rules before he speaks his ignorance again.

thanks southpaw. he's just trying to be a party p00per. Glad Dottie was paying attention and showed me mercy. I was talking to myself for hours monday night getting PO'd that no one was responding to me lol. I was talking smack to moon about Salty, praising jacoby and Iggy (and the whole team really) and nothing. my posts were showing up on my screen and they were adding to my post count but they were not updating the threads back to the top of the page. So i logged out and opened up a page and saw all the posts i made had been removed.

i'm glad they just "masked" my posts and didn't actually delete them.

24. This post has been removed.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

thanks southpaw. he's just trying to be a party p00per. Glad Dottie was paying attention and showed me mercy. I was talking to myself for hours monday night getting PO'd that no one was responding to me lol. I was talking smack to moon about Salty, praising jacoby and Iggy (and the whole team really) and nothing. my posts were showing up on my screen and they were adding to my post count but they were not updating the threads back to the top of the page. So i logged out and opened up a page and saw all the posts i made had been removed.

i'm glad they just "masked" my posts and didn't actually delete them.

I think the moderators need to lighten up on certain things, but I also like a lot of the nonsense gone.

Things like you getting banned for something that wasnt against the rules tells me that the Mods need a refresher course on the BDC forum rules.