3 in a row to the TWINS... What a MESS, the signs were there.... So where are all the cheerleaders now?????

1. This post has been removed.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from marstan. Show marstan's posts

Re: 3 in a row to the TWINS... What a MESS, the signs were there.... So where are all the cheerleaders now?????

TROUBLE WITH THIS TEAM, BILL, IS THAT THERE ARE NO BATS IN THE LINEUP.
    WITH APOLOGIES TO PAPI, WHO IS THE ONLY TRUE BOMBER ON THE TEAM, THE
    REST OF THE GUYS ARE SPRAY HITTERS, AND THAT INCLUDES AGON, WHO JUST
    IS NOT THE MAN YOU WANT UP THERE DOWN BY TWO RUNS AND THE BASES
    JUICED.  YOU WANT CANO, TEXEIRA, HAMILTON, KONERKO, CABRERA, OR 
    PLAYERS OF THAT ILK.  AGON WILL NOT GET IT DONE.  HE DOES NOT HAVE THE
    STATURE OF A BIG GAME PLAYER.   PLAYERS LIKE ELLSBURY, CRAWFORD,
    PEDROIA, ETC. MIGHT PUT UP SOME NICE STATS BUT THEY WILL NOT KNOCK
    IN 100+ RUNS YEAR AFTER YEAR. YOU NEED A LINEUP WITH A COUPLE OF
    100 RBI POTENTIAL GUYS TO AT LEAST GET TO THE BIG SHOW. 
    THIS WHOLE LINEUP IS MADE UP OF PUNCH AND JUDY HITTERS WHO WILL
    HIT THE OCCASIONAL FALSE ALARM HOME RUN, BUT THERE IS NO CONTINUITY,
    THE PITCHING IS NOT ENOUGH TO COVER UP FOR THIS BAD HITTING.  IF WE ONLY
    SCORE TWO OR THREE RUNS A GAME AGAINST THE TWINS, IT WILL NOT BE ENUF !!

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from notin. Show notin's posts

Re: 3 in a row to the TWINS... What a MESS, the signs were there.... So where are all the cheerleaders now?????

Yes, where are you?

The Sox have brought in nearly every player you wanted, and now are using  the team you have been envisoning has dropped 3 in a row to the lowly Twins at home.  Great foresight on your part!  Maybe Dad and Bill-806 are more wrong than they realized.

That is unfair to say.  The Sox did not bring up NEARLY every player you wanted.  They brought them all up.

But go ahead. Hold those who kept faith accountable.  I guess you're not much better at figuring out blame that you are at building rosters...

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ergoetal. Show Ergoetal's posts

Cheerleaders?

They're coming -- part of Larry Luchino's resurgence plan for 2013.  Put some of that free agent money into spiffy red and blue cheerleader outfits, than add 20% to the price of tickets.

Think about it.  Hold tryouts all over the country, in each major citiy where Red Sox nation has followers.  Once you've hired the cheerleaders, you open up a whole new product line for photos, CDs, etc.  Take everyone's mind -- and eyes -- off the game.

It'll work.  Bill James says it will.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from notin. Show notin's posts

In Response to Re: 3 in a row to the TWINS... What a MESS, the signs were there.... So where are all the cheerleaders now?????:
    [QUOTE]Cheerleaders? They're coming -- part of Larry Luchino's resurgence plan for 2013.  Put some of that free agent money into spiffy red and blue cheerleader outfits, than add 20% to the price of tickets. Think about it.  Hold tryouts all over the country, in each major citiy where Red Sox nation has followers.  Once you've hired the cheerleaders, you open up a whole new product line for photos, CDs, etc.  Take everyone's mind -- and eyes -- off the game. It'll work.  Bill James says it will.
    Posted by Ergoetal[/QUOTE]

Circle this day.

A post from Ergoetal that was actually fun for me to read...

6. This post has been removed.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from soxmeister. Show soxmeister's posts

I cheer this team win or lose.  

You guys????    Not so much.  Congrats on being chronic whiners that feel redemption when our team does poorly.

And who are the losers?!?!????

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from royf19. Show royf19's posts

All your players, bill?

Hmm ... 

Lavarnway .111
    Kalish .206
    Nava .251; .151 in his last 30 games before the DL.

Nice try bill.

Still trying to figure out if you're delusional or ignorant. 

And I guess Aceves will be surprised to learn he's a fatcat.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from notin. Show notin's posts

In Response to Re: 3 in a row to the TWINS... What a MESS, the signs were there.... So where are all the cheerleaders now?????:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: 3 in a row to the TWINS... What a MESS, the signs were there.... So where are all the cheerleaders now????? : Oh lib/left/one, wrong again.......  All "MY PLAYERS" ARE PLAYING WELL.  It's the FAT-CAT$ that are not carying their "FAIR SARE"  !!!!
    Posted by Bill-806[/QUOTE]

Typical far right prejudice.  Hey, lets throw around the "liberal" label to anyone who disgrees with us!!  Support? Who nededs support in this "if you're not with us you're against us" mentality??!?

All this talk of "fair share" smacks of communism to me.  What you say, Billbachev?

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Joebreidey. Show Joebreidey's posts

In Response to 3 in a row to the TWINS... What a MESS, the signs were there.... So where are all the cheerleaders now?????:
    [QUOTE]   Those that thought Dad & Bill-806 where wrong about all the dysfunctional signs that were right before the lib/left/moooonbat fans EYES !!!!
    Posted by Bill-806[/QUOTE]

We've been about the best team in BB for the past 9 years.  We had one bad month, and Larry let his ego decide to fire a top-5 GM and a top-5 manager.  We replaced then with a rookie and another guy out of BB ten years.

The signs were always there.  BV saying Doubront had no out pitch.  Saying Bard wasn't throwing enough changeups in ST, even though BV can simply tell him to throw more.  Picking a fight with Youk because he had three bad games.  Not knowing who was pitching for MN.

The signs were always there.  We told you about them.  It wasn't too late to make a change.  But LL didn't want to admit he was wrong.  Accept that you were wrong Bill, and move on.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from notin. Show notin's posts

[QUOTE]All your players, bill? Hmm ...  Lavarnway .111 Kalish .206 Nava .251; .151 in his last 30 games before the DL. Nice try bill. Still trying to figure out if you're delusional or ignorant.  And I guess Aceves will be surprised to learn he's a fatcat.
    Posted by royf19[/QUOTE]

You left out Cook...

12. This post has been removed.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ice-Cream. Show Ice-Cream's posts

A very painful lost last night..............to the lowly Twins of all teams. 

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from jpBsSoxFan. Show jpBsSoxFan's posts

This team is just a pure disgrace. There is no sense blaming anybody on these boards. Everybody is entitled to their own opinion. That being said, it is time for some to put down the pom poms & deal with reality. this team has been a sinking ship right from the beginning.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from georom4. Show georom4's posts

i thought they might turn it around when they got back ells/cc....but they simply have been inconsistent - winning series against the TIGERS & yanks and losing against Seattle and twins at home!...

i really believed they needed to clean house after last yr's debacle but they didnt want to rock the boat...ben has stated that this team is a playoff team...its clear he is delusional....but the players on the sox seem to have quit and that is scary...ells, cc and pedey look defeated...only agon seems like he has got it together (and even then he is not homering)....claY looks like an ace at least

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from SFBostonFan. Show SFBostonFan's posts

These losses even surpassing the ignominy of the 3 vs. Toronto a couple of weeks ago & they without their the HR hitting Bautista !!!

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from dannycater. Show dannycater's posts

There's more to managing than saying something sarcastic, avoiding Buster Olney, and making out lineups that bring back the Ghost of Jimy. 

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from SFBostonFan. Show SFBostonFan's posts

Even when Ortiz returns I'm not confident as the opponents will do a "Hack A Shaq" as they fouled him as he was mediocre hitting foul shots so they will intentionally walk him or maybe just toss balls hoping he bites but nothing down the middle. Only if Agon follows David does it seem that there is a chance the strategy might not work but hitting singles and not HRs, David still is not likely to score.

Despondent, you bet I am...happy football season is around the corner. Only thing left of any satisfaction is to root for any team who plays the Yankees !!!

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from attic-dan. Show attic-dan's posts

Bases loaded in the eighth no outs, Aceves comes in does the job. Sox get two, take 4-2 lead, then blow it in ninth. A microcosim of whole year, everytime they comeback just setting themselves up to fail.

20. This post has been removed.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from royf19. Show royf19's posts

[QUOTE]i thought they might turn it around when they got back ells/cc....but they simply have been inconsistent - winning series against the TIGERS & yanks and losing against Seattle and twins at home!... i really believed they needed to clean house after last yr's debacle but they didnt want to rock the boat...ben has stated that this team is a playoff team...its clear he is delusional....but the players on the sox seem to have quit and that is scary...ells, cc and pedey look defeated...only agon seems like he has got it together (and even then he is not homering)....claY looks like an ace at least
    Posted by georom4[/QUOTE]

I wish Ortiz was in the lineup when Crawford and Ellsbury returned. I would have liked to see the planned lineup play the last two montsh together to really see what this is or could have been.

The team does have issues with underperformanced and off-the-field drama and whatever, but the fact is, the regular lineup hasn't played together all year. I don't know what would have happened good or bad, I just wanted to see it.

22. This post has been removed.

23. This post has been removed.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from dannycater. Show dannycater's posts

roy, you will never see it because even if/when Ortiz returns, BV will undoubtedly use Kalish for Ells and Punto for Middlebrooks and Aviles will play instead of Ciriaco and you can bet the 11th, 12th, 13th guys are getting their playing time because
    all those others need "mandatory rest" from their manager. 

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from Iceman4. Show Iceman4's posts

Noticed he had no response when faced with the stats of the guys he wanted brought up. Face it Bill.....it's all the players not just your so called Fat Cats

Sections
Shortcuts