3 KEYS TO THE 4 GAME SKID.......... (IT MAY BE TIME FOR THE "ALL WORLD" SS FROM 3/A)

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bill-806. Show Bill-806's posts

3 KEYS TO THE 4 GAME SKID.......... (IT MAY BE TIME FOR THE "ALL WORLD" SS FROM 3/A)

AS DAD WOULD SAY........ "SON, READ THEM AND WEEP.... 1/ INFIELD DEFENSE IE: 3RD & SS. 2/ POOR CLUTCH HITTING IE: TOO MANY RUNNERS LEFT ON. 3/ SUBPAR PITCHING IE: STARTING, CLOSE DOWN, AND CLOSE OUT"  !!!!    IGLESIAS WOULD HELP THE DEFENSE, PITCHING AND WITH HIS/MORE SPEED COULD AT LEAST BUNT & RUN !!!      WHAT SAY YOU ????

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bill-806. Show Bill-806's posts

Re: 3 KEYS TO THE 4 GAME SKID.......... (IT MAY BE TIME FOR THE "ALL WORLD" SS FROM 3/A)

I SAY ..... BRING THE "ALL WORLD" SS UP TODAY !!!   A NEW ERA WILL BE BORN AT FENWAY PAAAK !!!!!

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from mfymfy. Show mfymfy's posts

Re: 3 KEYS TO THE 4 GAME SKID.......... (IT MAY BE TIME FOR THE "ALL WORLD" SS FROM 3/A)

Bill, the baseball graveyard is full of can't miss, good glove, no hit phenoms. Every team has had them for as long as baseball's been a game. Not to rain on your Iggy lovefest but why not give him ABs to see if he can learn to hit minor league pitching before you throw him to the wolves.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bill-806. Show Bill-806's posts

In Response to Re: 3 KEYS TO THE 4 GAME SKID.......... (IT MAY BE TIME FOR THE "ALL WORLD" SS FROM 3/A):
    Bill, the baseball graveyard is full of can't miss, good glove, no hit phenoms. Every team has had them for as long as baseball's been a game. Not to rain on your Iggy lovefest but why not give him ABs to see if he can learn to hit minor league pitching before you throw him to the wolves.
    Posted by mfymfy
      I HEAR YOU !!!   AS DAD WOULD SAY ....... "SON, GOT TO STOP THE BLEEDING IN THE INFIELD, OR WE WILL END UP SHOOTING ALL THE PITCHERS" !!!!!!

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from DirtyWaterLover. Show DirtyWaterLover's posts

You can't bench a player everytime they hit a slump.  You have to give the player an opportunity to hit their way out of the slump and they can't do it sitting on the bench.

The second issue is, what happens if the rookie comes up from AAA and falls flat?  What do they do then?

Stay the course.  Allow players to work their way out of slumps.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from maxbialystock. Show maxbialystock's posts

Bill, you have grossly exaggerated what a good--by no means great--fielding SS can do for a team.  He certainly can't help the hitting, and it's doubtful he's even any good at bunting.  Plus he is error prone. 

Or put it this way.  In no way can Iglesias fix the pitching and occasional hitting problems.  He needs to learn how to hit or he'll never do the Sox any good.  And by hit I mean .250, nothing more. 

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from ALaGatorAL. Show ALaGatorAL's posts

There is only one key... NO HITTING from a team built for it !!

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from odDboB. Show odDboB's posts

In Response to 3 KEYS TO THE 4 GAME SKID.......... (IT MAY BE TIME FOR THE "ALL WORLD" SS FROM 3/A):
      AS DAD WOULD SAY........ "SON, READ THEM AND WEEP.... 1/ INFIELD DEFENSE IE: 3RD & SS. 2/ POOR CLUTCH HITTING IE: TOO MANY RUNNERS LEFT ON. 3/ SUBPAR PITCHING IE: STARTING, CLOSE DOWN, AND CLOSE OUT"  !!!!    IGLESIAS WOULD HELP THE DEFENSE, PITCHING AND WITH HIS/MORE SPEED COULD AT LEAST BUNT & RUN !!!      WHAT SAY YOU ????
    Posted by Bill-806

I was so elated after their great 5-2 road trip against Central Contenders. I am definitely fighting Ozzie G / blight sox resentments now. It's Classic Bosox ulcer city when our guys do great on the winners and drop 3 AT HOME to a sub 500 so-so. That's happened over many decades. Most teams have a nemisis. Or bad history with. Like us playing in Texas over the years. There was a time in the late 70's when the laughing stock Mariners were a Migraine for the then contending Y*#@kees. 

I think it's one of those MB oddities that no one has a logical answer for. What are the Slysox, like 14-2 against us out of the last 16? They are our current pain in the groin.

The last loss to the Tigers was just a typical Verlander masterpiece. They had beat him a week before at Fenway.

I wanted the Sox to kick the crap out of the Pale Hose in that last game, but I think they'll be fine. We'll forgive them if they take it out on TB and that team which-must-not-be-named..................................odD boB

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

In Response to Re: 3 KEYS TO THE 4 GAME SKID.......... (IT MAY BE TIME FOR THE "ALL WORLD" SS FROM 3/A):
    In Response to 3 KEYS TO THE 4 GAME SKID.......... (IT MAY BE TIME FOR THE "ALL WORLD" SS FROM 3/A) : I was so elated after their great 5-2 road trip against Central Contenders. I am definitely fighting Ozzie G / blight sox resentments now. It's Classic Bosox ulcer city when our guys do great on the winners and drop 3 AT HOME to a sub 500 so-so. That's happened over many decades. Most teams have a nemisis. Or bad history with. Like us playing in Texas over the years. There was a time in the late 70's when the laughing stock Mariners were a Migraine for the then contending Y*#@kees.  I think it's one of those MB oddities that no one has a logical answer for. What are the Slysox, like 14-2 against us out of the last 16? They are our current pain in the groin. The last loss to the Tigers was just a typical Verlander masterpiece. They had beat him a week before at Fenway. I wanted the Sox to kick the crap out of the Pale Hose in that last game, but I think they'll be fine. We'll forgive them if they take it out on TB and that team which-must-not-be-named..................................odD boB
    Posted by odDboB

Couldn't have said it better. I have the additional reason, also, of having a brother that's a WSox fan. Although, I'll say that he's been strangely silent about this. Prob'ly because he knows the whole thing was an albatros that in no way reflected the respective positions of the two teams. I'm more concnerned about the loss of Rich Hill. Had he dodged that bullet, I'd have felt fine blowing it off as an anomale. As it is, our season could come down to Felix Dubront/Okajima/whoever else and John Lackey. If we get the REAL John Lackey back this weekend, this team will be ok. If he struggles AGAIN, this could become more serious. Lackey has GOT to go back to his old LAA self. I disliked him then because of his bulldog tenacity against US, now I'm tempted to dislike him because he's not showing it!

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from jackyldo. Show jackyldo's posts

Every team slumps      and the Sox went  from Red hot  to  chill   after playing 19 games in 19 days - some  with long rain delays - and facing  Verlander in game no. 20...   The looked flat and awful vs. White Sox    but those were  the final 3 of 23 games in 23 days.

As hitting  cooled , deficiencies of seeing balls go under Youk  , and around Lowrie  when 1 play would have ended an inning   ...

Phils are scrapping same way  with  on / off hitting and Lee and Halladay having bad nights.. losing 3 of last  4 with Mets and Nats..

It will come alive tonight and in New York.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bill-806. Show Bill-806's posts

Every team slumps      and the Sox went  from Red hot  to  chill   after playing 19 games in 19 days - some  with long rain delays - and facing  Verlander in game no. 20...   The looked flat and awful vs. White Sox    but those were  the final 3 of 23 games in 23 days. As hitting  cooled , deficiencies of seeing balls go under Youk  , and around Lowrie  when 1 play would have ended an inning   ... Phils are scrapping same way  with  on / off hitting and Lee and Halladay having bad nights.. losing 3 of last  4 with Mets and Nats.. It will come alive tonight and in New York.
    Posted by jackyldo
    ALL GOOD POINTS.... HOWEVER, WE HAVE BEEN EXPOSED, WE MUST GET OUR ARMS AROUND THOSE PROBLEMS !!!

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

I think some players just needed a rest..Just like every other team..It was a great month of may overall.. Things will pick up tonight I believe. Dont jump the gun just yet Bill. Iggy still needs another year...

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from --the--yazzer. Show --the--yazzer's posts

hey bill,

what's this WE nonsense? are you a member of the SOX?

the main thing that has been EXPOSED is just how inept THEO is as a GM.
    and that's been EXPOSED for a long time.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bill-806. Show Bill-806's posts

hey bill, what's this WE nonsense; are you a member of the SOX? the main thing that has been EXPOSED is just how inept THEO is as a GM. and that's been EXPOSED for a long time.
    Posted by --the--yazzer
       I BEG YOUR PARDON, THE TEAM BELONGS TO ALL OF US HERE IN RED SOX NATION, THIS BOARD GIVES US THE ABILITY TO "PLAY G M "......  YOU SHOULD EMBRACE THAT AND BE CONSTRUCTIVE ON "HOW YOU WOULD RUN/BUILD THE TEAM" !!!  THEO AND TITO ARE DOING A GREAT JOB !!  I JUST RESERVE THE RIGHT "TO SEE THINGS AS THEY ARE, AND ASK WHY"  !!!   YOU CAN TOO !!!   GO SOX, THEO & TITO TOO!!!!!

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from soxmeister. Show soxmeister's posts

Good deal, Bill ... and I agree, we have a hole up the middle that needs plugging badly.   But I also think we leave Iglesia to rippen up a bit, and suffer with what we have for the time being.  It can really kill a young talent's career bringing them up too early, they need confidence at every level before the bigs.   As somebody mentioned, your defense looks a lot better when you have scored a lot of runs off the other team.   Let's hope the bats come out again tonight ...

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Sully1965. Show Sully1965's posts

Live with Jed at SS . Package Iggy and some prospect to Houston for Hunter Pence. Beef up the Right side of the plate.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from SoxSoldRed. Show SoxSoldRed's posts

Who would want to live with a butcher SS. Sully 1965 would, as he doesn't notice that Lowrie is weak against RHP.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from --the--yazzer. Show --the--yazzer's posts

hey sully, if theo packaged iglesias, drew and lackey, it could be called iggy no pop and the stooges.

Sections
Shortcuts