3 More K's

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from harv53. Show harv53's posts

3 More K's

When are the Sox going to realize that Salty is not the answer at the catching position. We already know his defensive weaknesses, and we are now beginning to see that he rarely makes contact at the plate. He has struck out 35 times in his last 78 PA's, has a .088 BA with 2 out and RISP (17 K's in 35 PA's), and is fast approaching Mark Reynolds as the king of the K, striking out every 3.22 PA compared to Reynold's 3.19.
    On May 19th, his BA was .283. Today it's .227.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from ma6dragon9. Show ma6dragon9's posts

Re: 3 More K's

I've liked Salty. I continue to like Salty.

When people complain about him, do they realize he's in the middle-of-the-pack league-wise?

There are about 10 catchers I would definitely rather have, then it's a toss-up.

I guess it's a problem that ALL of our players aren't in the top 10 at their respective positions.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from harv53. Show harv53's posts

In Response to Re: 3 More K's:
    [QUOTE]In Response to 3 More K's : His offensive line isn't that much different than Reddicks.  I mean it is worse but the BA, OPS strikeouts and Homers are all in the same ballpark.  Yet you love Reddick and hate Salty. Odd.
    Posted by snakeoil123[/QUOTE]

I'm talking about C, not RF. If you want to have a discussion about Kalish vs Reddick, we can do that as well.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from harv53. Show harv53's posts

In Response to Re: 3 More K's:
    [QUOTE]Salty and Aviles should have been traded before now. Salty is a butcher behind the plate, a stiff wooden giant with hands of stone.
    Posted by TrotterNixon[/QUOTE]

Agreed. Salty would make a good cigar-store indian!