1. You have chosen to ignore posts from notin. Show notin's posts

Re: 3 most likely new faces on 2013 Sox

In response to cassvt2004's comment:

In response to Hingham Hammer's comment:

1. Jake Peavy

2. Ike Davis

3. Alex Gordon

That explains why the Sox didn't raise their ticket prices.

They may not seem like sexy enough names, but they would make the team a contender if things broke the right way, and they would come at a low enough cost, at least prospect-wise, that we would keep Bogarts, Bradley Jr., Barnes, and De La Rosa for 2014.

Not likely.

Cheap, cost controlled players are usually harder to trade for.

And are the Royals really even shopping Gordon?  They signed him to a 4-year extension just 7 months ago...

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from seabeachfred. Show seabeachfred's posts

1. Jake Peavy

2. Ike Davis

3. Alex Gordon

They may not seem like sexy enough names, but they would make the team a contender if things broke the right way, and they would come at a low enough cost, at least prospect-wise, that we would keep Bogarts, Bradley Jr., Barnes, and De La Rosa for 2014.

Good point. I've heard that Bradley will be given a shot of making the 2013 opening day roster.  A better shot if Ell's gets dealt over the winter.

I'd be surprised if he made the opening day roster, but i wouldn't be shocked if he was called up before the 4th of July, in which case they could get by with Sweeney or Kalish until then if they do trade Ells and don't sign Pagan, Bourn or someone of that nature.

Cass---I'm fine with Peavy and Davis but Gordon  makes us too left handed.  We would have those two,  plus Salty, Ells and Kalish.  We need a RH hitter for the outfield besides Ross who we should most definitely sign.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ice-Cream. Show Ice-Cream's posts

In response to notin's comment:

1. Jake Peavy

2. Ike Davis

3. Alex Gordon

Good point. I've heard that Bradley will be given a shot of making the 2013 opening day roster.  A better shot if Ell's gets dealt over the winter.

Bradley wasn't really all that good in AA ball.  And even Mike Trout and Bryce Harper didn't make opening day rosters.

Dear Mike Trout,

If you are reading this, please come to the Red Sox when you become a free agent. 

If you want to become part of a winning and caring organization, this is the place to be. 

Sincerely,

Red Sox fan

P.S. Besides, your parents live in NJ so you can easily visit them.   Also, the air pollution and traffic in LA suck.  LOL

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from notin. Show notin's posts

In response to Ice-Cream's comment:

1. Jake Peavy

2. Ike Davis

3. Alex Gordon

Bradley wasn't really all that good in AA ball.  And even Mike Trout and Bryce Harper didn't make opening day rosters.

Dear Mike Trout,

If you are reading this, please come to the Red Sox when you become a free agent. 

You will become as big of an icon as Tom Brady.

Sincerely,

Red Sox fan

P.S. Besides, your parents live in NJ so you can easily visit them.   And the air pollution and traffic in LA suck.  LOL

Doubtful we get Mike Trout, but Mike Carp is reportedly available...

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ice-Cream. Show Ice-Cream's posts

Hello notin   :)

Long time no see.  How have you been?   :)

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from hill55. Show hill55's posts

Seattle would ask a steep price for 26-year-old Mike Carp, the American League Rookie of the Month for August 2011 when Carp drove in 25 runs on a Mariner team that rarely put runners on base. ;-)

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

The same Mike carp with basically mediocre stats? A steep price? Now whos acting like a homer over-valuing their prospects...Hes a pt 1b/OF at age 26. Kind of like a Jerry Sands. Hes good, but nothing like Trout.

I def respect some of your posts Hill, but you often come here and say the Sox are old with not much talent in the farm system, or you downplay the talented ones...Yet you talk as if carp would net a return like a Mike trout would.

Not trying to start anything with you hill, not at all... Just stating how I see things...

Mike carp would not require a steep price in return. Nowhere near a talent like Trout. Hes not even in his league...

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from bobcatsr. Show bobcatsr's posts

In order to start fresh and new we must first get rid of the old and tired.  That means stiffs like Jacoby Ellsbury and his Uber Agent, Scott BoreUs.  Do us a big, big favor Mr. BoreUs and take your client somewhere where they'll be stupid enough to give in to your ludicrous demands, destroy their club and make this under-achiever very wealthy.  Oh, he's got a lot of talent alright, when he plays and that seems to be the problem, when he plays!  Oh, and take John Lester with you.  Give us a team that wants to play, will hustle and will care.  That should do it. 

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from chiefret. Show chiefret's posts

In response to bobcatsr's comment:
    Spot on! Brittle Bones Ells will get lots of attention should BC let teams know he's available. I hope he's gone by opening day 2013. He teased Sox fans w/his 2011 season then reverted to the injury plagued Ells we know in 2012. Sox have prospects and money. If 2013 is indeed a bridge yr then give some of the upper tier prospects playing time. The Yanks played another stinker last night and it's going to be a long winter for them. ARod, Jeter, Rivera to mention 3 aging players who should seriously consider retirement. 

then reverted to In order to start fresh and new we must first get rid of the old and tired.  That means stiffs like Jacoby Ellsbury and his Uber Agent, Scott BoreUs.  Do us a big, big favor Mr. BoreUs and take your client somewhere where they'll be stupid enough to give in to your ludicrous demands, destroy their club and make this under-achiever very wealthy.  Oh, he's got a lot of talent alright, when he plays and that seems to be the problem, when he plays!  Oh, and take John Lester with you.  Give us a team that wants to play, will hustle and will care.  That should do it. 

[/QUOTE]

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bill-806. Show Bill-806's posts

How about......  1/Eric Holder.... 2/Jolten Joe Biden.......3/ "THE BIG O"......  As all will be available after Nov. 6th !!!!!   What say you ??????

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from hill55. Show hill55's posts

In response to southpaw777's comment:

The same Mike carp with basically mediocre stats? A steep price? Now whos acting like a homer over-valuing their prospects...Hes a pt 1b/OF at age 26. Kind of like a Jerry Sands. Hes good, but nothing like Trout.

I def respect some of your posts Hill, but you often come here and say the Sox are old with not much talent in the farm system, or you downplay the talented ones...Yet you talk as if carp would net a return like a Mike trout would.

Not trying to start anything with you hill, not at all... Just stating how I see things...

Mike carp would not require a steep price in return. Nowhere near a talent like Trout. Hes not even in his league...

I had hoped that the smiley at the end of my post would make it clear that my post was tongue-in-cheeck. I apologize for the confusion.;-)

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

In response to hill55's comment:

In response to southpaw777's comment:

I had hoped that the smiley at the end of my post would make it clear that my post was tongue-in-cheeck. I apologize for the confusion.;-)

Then I also apologize for the confusion...carry on :)

13. This post has been removed.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from donrd4. Show donrd4's posts

1. Jake Peavy

2. Ike Davis

3. Alex Gordon

1.Farrell....2 Kuroda....3 Ellsbury.....LoL

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from MustangBri. Show MustangBri's posts

In response to Ice-Cream's comment:

1. Jake Peavy

2. Ike Davis

3. Alex Gordon

Dear Mike Trout,

You will become as big of an icon as Tom Brady.

Sincerely,

Red Sox fan

P.S. Besides, your parents live in NJ so you can easily visit them.   And the air pollution and traffic in LA suck.  LOL

If Trout is not catchable,  and Seattle won't nibble on Carp...  think Anthony Bass or Robert Fish could be lured here??

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from SRNH. Show SRNH's posts

Tony Pena, Dick Bosman and Jim Hickey.....Wishful thinking i'm afraid. Although...With Hunsicker going to the Dodgers...Not sure Mr. Hickey feels that safe anymore and those three...Pena, Bosman and Hickey have working relationships from the past....I know...Wishful thinking again....

I think it would make sense to hurt those around you actually and fill what? 2 or 3 voids?  Carlos Pena, Jeff Keppinger and Carlos Villaneuva.   

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from splendidsplinterteddyballgame. Show splendidsplinterteddyballgame's posts

At this point, I don't have much faith in the Red Sox management turning this thing around soon.  The fact that they are trying to get Farrell, and maybe even give players for him, is mind boggling.  They need good players who play as a team.  They need a team like the Cardinals.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from SRNH. Show SRNH's posts

In response to splendidsplinterteddyballgame's comment:

At this point, I don't have much faith in the Red Sox management turning this thing around soon.  The fact that they are trying to get Farrell, and maybe even give players for him, is mind boggling.  They need good players who play as a team.  They need a team like the Cardinals.

Exactly....Alot gets made out of Matheny being a nubile inexperienced manager...But a smart General Manager knows about chemistry,continuity and value based talent...Mozeliak learned from Jocketty...Hence Matheny....Our guys?  What has Benjamin done that makes you feel all warm and fuzzy? The Nick Punto deal? I tend to think of that is being lucky at the right time to reverse something you had more than a hand in creating in the first place....Don't think with Hunsicker there now, that deal even gets past "Hello Gerry"    

19. This post has been removed.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from cassvt2004. Show cassvt2004's posts

Some really good suggestions here so far, and more importantly, they are mostly realistic.  Notin, I guess I didn't realize that the Royals had extended Alex Gordon, but I liked him because of his working counts, which we have gotten away from, and he led off for KC a lot, but can hit in a few different spots.  Also the Royals have a stud young outfielder who is ready to come up. 

Jasko, I like the idea of Shin Soo Choo more and more.  All around good player who could play RF @ Fenway.  Now that Tito is there, they could work out a deal w/ Indians around Bard and others he may be familiar with.  Tribe won't be able to afford him.

Moon, I like Brandon McCarthy as well, but is he the guy that could lead this rotation, sliding Lester, Buch, Doubront and Lackey/Rubby in behind him?  It seems like Peavy fits better and would only cost money for a 2-3 yr deal, which we have. 

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from hill55. Show hill55's posts

Jasko, I like the idea of Shin Soo Choo more and more.  All around good player who could play RF @ Fenway.  Now that Tito is there, they could work out a deal w/ Indians around Bard and others he may be familiar with.  Tribe won't be able to afford him.

After shedding the $15 million contract of Derek Lowe, the $13 million contract of Travis Hafner and the $5 million contract of Grady Sizemore, the Indians should be able to afford the third arbitration-year salary of about $7 million for Shin Soo-Choo.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from cassvt2004. Show cassvt2004's posts

In response to hill55's comment:

After shedding the $15 million contract of Derek Lowe, the $13 million contract of Travis Hafner and the $5 million contract of Grady Sizemore, the Indians should be able to afford the third arbitration-year salary of about $7 million for Shin Soo-Choo.

good point hill.  I didn't clarify.  They will not want to pay him when he becomes a free agent.  They will have Cabrera, Santana and Kipnis to deal with on the horizon.

23. This post has been removed.

24. This post has been removed.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from dgalehouse. Show dgalehouse's posts

1 - Nick Punto                                                                                                                                2- Marlon Byrd                                                                                                                               3- Brent Lillibridge                                                                    

Sections
Shortcuts