30/30's are so rare, Add Comeback and GG and it's a season for the ages...

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from notin. Show notin's posts

Re: 30/30's are so rare, Add Comeback and GG and it's a season for the ages...

To me the biggest surprise is only one 30-30 season from Beltran.  He was about the most perfect 5-tool player the game has had in recent years... 

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

Yaz, I thnk Bobby is the one you're trying to praise, not Barry. Even though I think Barry would have made the hof without the juice. Which, makes it all the more tragic that he didnt stay clean.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from SinceYaz. Show SinceYaz's posts

In Response to Re: 30/30's are so rare, Add Comeback and GG and it's a season for the ages...:
    In Response to Re: 30/30's are so rare, Add Comeback and GG and it's a season for the ages... : :o)  Friend I don't know if you're being straight or goofing around, but Barry was a terrific player.  One has to remember this was before they juiced up the ball again and lowered the pitching mound, maybe again, so hitting could get a break from the strength of the pitching in the day.  Also, he played "pre-steroids" ... not saying players then didn't use, but those days are looked upon with a nostalgic time when supposedly none or few did use.       And I'm limiting my comments to the baseball arena, because I know little of anything else about him.       Jake's pretty good too ...
    Posted by SinceYaz

Barry Bonds broke the home run record, but is believed to have used steroids. Bobby Bonds is his father and a fine player in his own right. You are getting them mixed up.

Darn it I hate that ... I turned the thing around ... Shame when I do that.  I have to go back and admit I'm an idiot!  :o)

Not that it bothers me to do that ... but I once was speaking about clear distinctions to a group of Penn State fans and Ohio State was coming to town.  So I made the point that we all know clearly that Penn State's colors are maroon and grey .... I got some strange looks.  I said not just once but three times.  When it was all over, my wife asked my why I kept saying the Penn State's colors (navy and white) were Ohio State's colors.  At first I argued with her ... and then realized why I was getting all those funy looks.

Apologies ... I certainly meant the elder Bonds not the younger.

It would have been extremely hard for the younger Bonds to have been playing MLB games in the seasons I mentioned. 

Alas, the brain farts loud and long ...  maybe one for the ages.