39 million to 5 million?????

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Joebreidey. Show Joebreidey's posts

Re: 39 million to 5 million?????

In response to Softlaw1's comment:

To be honest, I thought the peak was 27, but of course, I would've looked it up before posting that.

In fact, you look foolish pretending that southfaux's general comments mean that "hitters peak in their thirties". Anyone who understands aging knows that athletic potential peaks in the twenties.

Napoli will get a boost from Fenway, but one comparison to his past will show a player who is arleady past his prime years.

OPS 26-30 .734

OPS 31-35 .750

2012 AL

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from mef429. Show mef429's posts

In response to LR3683paw's comment:

One good thing for the survival of this forum is that Enchilada will still have Napoli to bash throughout the 2013 season. It will fill the void that is left since Crawford is now gone and Andrewmitch has nothing to do. It will fill the void since Georom doesn't have a ChickenGate or Beckett to bash anymore. This leaves center stage to Enchilada - Burrito to do his act. It will be fum for those who fall for the act.

you mean like you?? you always take the bait. hook, line and stinker

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

In response to mef429's comment:

In response to LR3683paw's comment:

One good thing for the survival of this forum is that Enchilada will still have Napoli to bash throughout the 2013 season. It will fill the void that is left since Crawford is now gone and Andrewmitch has nothing to do. It will fill the void since Georom doesn't have a ChickenGate or Beckett to bash anymore. This leaves center stage to Enchilada - Burrito to do his act. It will be fum for those who fall for the act.

you mean like you?? you always take the bait. hook, line and stinker

It was nice and peaceful here for a while during the banning.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from notin. Show notin's posts

In response to georom4's comment:

this is making me laugh...i guess some are claiming that contracts are torn up and reduced by 90% all the time....

i can count the number on one hand in the past five years who didnt pass the physical...it is quite rare...

any argument to save ben some embarrassment regarding his GM acumen i guess...

So wait - let's recap.

When Napoli was signed, the contracts was too long.  During the ensuing weeks, georom repeatedly stated Napoli was a bad deal when the inferior Adam LaRoche could be had for less.

Now, it turns out, Napoli cost less han LaRoche in terms if salalry, years, draft picks and draft pick budget.  Still, georom does not approve based upon health issues that he knows about, but were clearly missed by the Red Sox medical staff that discovered the problems that lead to this whole scenario.

And now, because the Sox got the guy they wanted for less money and years than Plan B, Cherington is apparently clueless because georom has found taking wrath to non-players is one way to avoid mea cuplas when players actually, you know, perform.

See, folks, now if Napoli has a good year, georom will not have to admit he is wrong.  "No, no, I was never against Napoli (he was).  It was Cherington that I didn't like."

Confusd yet? Need a program? Well, it si easier than you think. no matter what goes on with the Sox, georom will find a way to publicly speak out against it, usually for no other reason than that he thinks disagreement makes him look smarter (it doesn't).  and we all know on the ridiulously small off chance the Sox are 1 of 29 teams that do not win the 2013 World Series, georom will be at the forefront, proclaiming he knew this all along, it was inevitable, and it was brought about by Cherington's incompetence. 

At which point, I will be pointing out the season had by Adam LaRoche as a reminder for humility.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from EnchiladaT. Show EnchiladaT's posts

notin you need to log that post somewhere and save it for a rainy day in September.... 

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from carnie. Show carnie's posts

In response to notin's comment:

this is making me laugh...i guess some are claiming that contracts are torn up and reduced by 90% all the time....

i can count the number on one hand in the past five years who didnt pass the physical...it is quite rare...

any argument to save ben some embarrassment regarding his GM acumen i guess...

So wait - let's recap.

When Napoli was signed, the contracts was too long.  During the ensuing weeks, georom repeatedly stated Napoli was a bad deal when the inferior Adam LaRoche could be had for less.

Now, it turns out, Napoli cost less han LaRoche in terms if salalry, years, draft picks and draft pick budget.  Still, georom does not approve based upon health issues that he knows about, but were clearly missed by the Red Sox medical staff that discovered the problems that lead to this whole scenario.

And now, because the Sox got the guy they wanted for less money and years than Plan B, Cherington is apparently clueless because georom has found taking wrath to non-players is one way to avoid mea cuplas when players actually, you know, perform.

See, folks, now if Napoli has a good year, georom will not have to admit he is wrong.  "No, no, I was never against Napoli (he was).  It was Cherington that I didn't like."

Confusd yet? Need a program? Well, it si easier than you think. no matter what goes on with the Sox, georom will find a way to publicly speak out against it, usually for no other reason than that he thinks disagreement makes him look smarter (it doesn't).  and we all know on the ridiulously small off chance the Sox are 1 of 29 teams that do not win the 2013 World Series, georom will be at the forefront, proclaiming he knew this all along, it was inevitable, and it was brought about by Cherington's incompetence. 

At which point, I will be pointing out the season had by Adam LaRoche as a reminder for humility.

I'd say that pretty much sums it up.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Drewski5. Show Drewski5's posts

In response to Joebreidey's comment:

In response to EnchiladaT's comment:

A) He has NEVER mashed.... and B) he has never played in 145 games.

La la la Land I have two BDC posters waiting in line for two tickets to pardise.

He has always mashed.  Since 2008, Napoli is #16 among all MLB hitters in wOBA.  And #9 in slugging %.

#9!  Even I didnt know that.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Drewski5. Show Drewski5's posts

Im a big fan of Napoli's attitude and bat.  I was just pointing out the possibility that he plays 130 games and mashes.  Leaving us wishing that we had him locked up for another yr.  Of course, this doesnt mean that we should criticize Ben as 1@5 is a much better deal right now.

It's a win-win.  If he plays 145 games with 30 HRs and a .265, we give him a QO and everyone goes home happy.

Good point.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Joebreidey. Show Joebreidey's posts

In response to Drewski5's comment:

Im a big fan of Napoli's attitude and bat.  I was just pointing out the possibility that he plays 130 games and mashes.  Leaving us wishing that we had him locked up for another yr.  Of course, this doesnt mean that we should criticize Ben as 1@5 is a much better deal right now.

It's a win-win.  If he plays 145 games with 30 HRs and a .265, we give him a QO and everyone goes home happy.

Good point.

Just something I brought up on S.T.F.U.  Drew, Napoli, Ells, and Hanrahan are four players who could possibly be offered a QO.  Ells just needs to be about average, Hanrahan great, and Drew and Napoli not much more than healthy.  I'd bet we offer at least 2 QO's to those players, which is two more low-end #1s.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from georom4. Show georom4's posts

.500    enjoy the season delusioned bootlickers...ben is gone in 2014

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from notin. Show notin's posts

In response to Drewski5's comment:

Good point.

Its win-win for everyone but georom.  He HAS to find fault somehow because otherwise he might have to admit Cherington made a good move.

What he still fails to see is if Napoli plays no games, the fact that he is being paid Kevin Correia money becomes a huge safety net....

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from notin. Show notin's posts

So you think they would fire the guy for only improving the team by 17%?

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Sheriff-Rojas. Show Sheriff-Rojas's posts

In response to Triumph-'s comment:

so what?

anyone that takes the job , you will simply whine about.

Not necessarily.  He didn't whine about the hiring of Bobby V whom he liked a '"get tough" guy.  If Geo lauds instead of whines, then it might be time to be concerned as a Red Sox fan.   

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from notin. Show notin's posts

In response to Sheriff-Rojas' comment:

In response to Triumph-'s comment:

so what?

anyone that takes the job , you will simply whine about.

Not necessarily.  He didn't whine about the hiring of Bobby V whom he liked a '"get tough" guy.  If Geo lauds instead of whines, then it might be time to be concerned as a Red Sox fan.   

The only reason he lauded Valentine was to avoid a serial whiner label after years of whining about Francona...

15. This post has been removed.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from georom4. Show georom4's posts

francona deserved to be fired, as did valentine..and cherington...case closed...

17. This post has been removed.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Joebreidey. Show Joebreidey's posts

OPS 26-30 .734

OPS 31-35 .750

2012 AL

How many plate appearances for those in that sample?

Why include "30" with the 20's, in your sample?

It's science, Joe, despite your feeble attempt to try and "lie with statistics".

Joe, you are working to hard. Do me a favor and take players at age 28-29 and compare them to players at age 31-32. Make sure you don't include players with less than 450 PA in a season.

The number of PAs is 61,652.

I included 30 because that is the way B-R breaks it out.  Shifting it slightly to 25-29 sand 30-34 probably works in my favor.

It is science.  These are just real life numbers.  Interpret them as you wish.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Joebreidey. Show Joebreidey's posts

If you want, we can make another tag bet on that.  You seem like the type that doesn't mind losing to your intellectual superiors over and over.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Joebreidey. Show Joebreidey's posts

The only reason he lauded Valentine was to avoid a serial whiner label after years of whining about Francona...

More likely he is simply one of those people who make mistakes because they prefer to go with 'feelings' instead of using numbers to come to a conclusion.  And having reached a incorrect conclusion, doesn't like to admit it.

21. This post has been removed.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Joebreidey. Show Joebreidey's posts

It is science.

No, sampling selection is not "science". Your groupings and sampling sets reminds me of "how to lie with statistics".

So you consider > 60,000 PAs a sample?

23. This post has been removed.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from seannybboi. Show seannybboi's posts

He will most likely play 1B primarily throughout the season and I say he will start more than 140 games as a 1B/DH and have more than 460 ABs.  His stats line would look like .275/.365/.495/.860 with 27HRs, 90 RBIs.  He will get his contract extended before 2013 ends and will be awarded with 2 yrs/ $35M with 3rd yr team option at $15M.  

25. This post has been removed.

Sections
Shortcuts