39 million to 5 million?????

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Joebreidey. Show Joebreidey's posts

Re: 39 million to 5 million?????

In response to georom4's comment:

.500    enjoy the season delusioned bootlickers...ben is gone in 2014

If you want, we can make another tag bet on that.  You seem like the type that doesn't mind losing to your intellectual superiors over and over.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Joebreidey. Show Joebreidey's posts

The only reason he lauded Valentine was to avoid a serial whiner label after years of whining about Francona...

More likely he is simply one of those people who make mistakes because they prefer to go with 'feelings' instead of using numbers to come to a conclusion.  And having reached a incorrect conclusion, doesn't like to admit it.

3. This post has been removed.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Joebreidey. Show Joebreidey's posts

In response to Softlaw1's comment:

It is science.

No, sampling selection is not "science". Your groupings and sampling sets reminds me of "how to lie with statistics".

So you consider > 60,000 PAs a sample?

5. This post has been removed.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from seannybboi. Show seannybboi's posts

He will most likely play 1B primarily throughout the season and I say he will start more than 140 games as a 1B/DH and have more than 460 ABs.  His stats line would look like .275/.365/.495/.860 with 27HRs, 90 RBIs.  He will get his contract extended before 2013 ends and will be awarded with 2 yrs/ $35M with 3rd yr team option at $15M.  

7. This post has been removed.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Joebreidey. Show Joebreidey's posts

No, I consider arbitrary snipets of age grouping sets that include 30 with the some of the 20's and limits the age groupings to arbitrary number of total years to be less than specious, and Clintonesque.

I would assume that BR chose those parameters with some rationale in mind.  They're pretty good with numbers, so i don't think they were asking people to 'pick a number between 1-50'.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Joebreidey. Show Joebreidey's posts

In response to seannybboi's comment:

He will most likely play 1B primarily throughout the season and I say he will start more than 140 games as a 1B/DH and have more than 460 ABs.  His stats line would look like .275/.365/.495/.860 with 27HRs, 90 RBIs.  He will get his contract extended before 2013 ends and will be awarded with 2 yrs/ $35M with 3rd yr team option at $15M.  

If he does that, we will give him a QO and take the draft pick.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from boborielly224. Show boborielly224's posts

In response to BosoxJoe5's comment:

I have a feeling Napoli is going to have a great year. He has a lot of reasons to perform this year.

If Napoli signs the one year deal with an second year option. I think Napoli will perform well.

If need be Papi and Napoli can alternate 1B and DH for the season, with Gomez getting some time on first and DH'ing to see how he performs. I will be content with this option.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

In response to seannybboi's comment:

Napoli? 17.5M per? seriously?

Have you been drinking seanny?

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from notin. Show notin's posts

He will get his contract extended before 2013 ends and will be awarded with 2 yrs/ $35M with 3rd yr team option at $15M.  

He will not start 140 games or more, nor will he get a 2 year 35M contract.

If you believe he will not be able to play 140 gamed, why were you the first one to recommend him as a 1B solution?  At $10mill per year no less?

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from notin. Show notin's posts

In response to Joebreidey's comment:

The only reason he lauded Valentine was to avoid a serial whiner label after years of whining about Francona...

More likely he is simply one of those people who make mistakes because they prefer to go with 'feelings' instead of using numbers to come to a conclusion.  And having reached a incorrect conclusion, doesn't like to admit it.

7 years of reading georom"s posts hsve lefte with 3 observstions sbout him.

1. No amount of stats or math can convince him anything.

2. All his "conclusions" equate to thr Sox personnel always being incorrect.

He is actually  fairly OK with issuing public mea culpas..

Sections
Shortcuts