3rd Base...

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from cassvt2004. Show cassvt2004's posts

3rd Base...

When Stephen Drew says he hopes to only be out a few days with his hammy, that shoots up red flags.  With Iggy sliding over to short, who will play third if its more than a few games?  Ciriaco is gone.  Brandon Snyder has started one game there in the majors.  Do you call Middlebrooks back up so soon?  Or is it crazy to think that Xander will be this years Manny Machado?  I know they don't want to rush him because he has only been in triple A for three weeks, but this team has shown a shift in thinking when it comes to giving the youngsters a shot. 

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from dgalehouse. Show dgalehouse's posts

Re: 3rd Base...

In response to cassvt2004's comment:

When Stephen Drew says he hopes to only be out a few days with his hammy, that shoots up red flags.  With Iggy sliding over to short, who will play third if its more than a few games?  Ciriaco is gone.  Brandon Snyder has started one game there in the majors.  Do you call Middlebrooks back up so soon?  Or is it crazy to think that Xander will be this years Manny Machado?  I know they don't want to rush him because he has only been in triple A for three weeks, but this team has shown a shift in thinking when it comes to giving the youngsters a shot. 

At this point , the best thing to do would be to DL Drew and bring back Middlebrooks.  They should not wait several days for Drew,  and play shorthanded during that time.  Do it right now.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from georom4. Show georom4's posts

good thing Drew is not injury prone as many have said here...an veritable Iron Horse II

As always - 100% correct!

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from 37stories. Show 37stories's posts

In response to georom4's comment:

good thing Drew is not injury prone as many have said here...an veritable Iron Horse II

He is 5th on the team in games played..and he had a concussion.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

In response to 37stories' comment:

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

I wish he would think before he posts. Maybe do some research...Just a thought.Undecided

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from ZILLAGOD. Show ZILLAGOD's posts

The lack of depth in the infield will eventually do this team in.

"There are lots of people who mistake their imagination for their memory.-Josh Billings

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bill-806. Show Bill-806's posts

Todays 3rd baseman .......   DIAZ  ??????????????      Whats his history ???

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from notin. Show notin's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Yes, a concussion.

The same injury that turned former MVP Justin Mornuea into a singles hitter and former cleanup hitter Jason Bay into a weakside platoon option.   Concussions are not just a problem in the NFL.

But hey, some people have the vital need to complain about how poorly this first place team is being run, as they clearly use their success to spite those who pormise - not predicted, promised - a fifth place finish.  How dare this inept mismanaged and undertalented team win!!

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from hill55. Show hill55's posts

Alex Liddi, a Will Middlebrooks clone at third base, has been designated for assignment by the Seattle Mariners.

Perhaps Liddi can make the transition from Seattle to Boston ala corner infielders Adrian Beltre and Mike Carp.

I'm half-kidding.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

Mortensen was just DFA'd and Jonathan Diaz is taking the I-95 shuttle.

Not sure if WMB has even been down for the 10 games necessary once he was optioned to AAA. hes only 3-13 anyway. Holt has oblique issues and Bogey has no time at 3b yet. 28yr old Diaz was the next available option. He is just a warm body to hold a spot until Drew gets back. Hes a career sub 700OPB minor leaguer. He has had a solid OBP throughout his MiL career though.

11. This post has been removed.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Joebreidey. Show Joebreidey's posts

In response to southpaw777's comment:

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

I wish he would think before he posts. Maybe do some research...Just a thought.Undecided

[/QUOTE]

Geo do research?  There are a lot of things, and some extremely improbable, that I would expect to see in my life, like a meteor shower, or me completing a marathon.  Among the most unlikely would be Geo doing research.  I think Geo making fun of Trey Ball's fielding abilities, even though he is a pitcher, was as much as anyone needs to know about Geo's ability and motivation to research.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

In response to Joebreidey's comment:

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Geo do research?  There are a lot of things, and some extremely improbable, that I would expect to see in my life, like a meteor shower, or me completing a marathon.  Among the most unlikely would be Geo doing research.  I think Geo making fun of Trey Ball's fielding abilities, even though he is a pitcher, was as much as anyone needs to know about Geo's ability and motivation to research.

[/QUOTE]

Yeah, the Trey Ball arguement was pretty amusing.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from hill55. Show hill55's posts

In response to Bill-806's comment:

Todays 3rd baseman .......   DIAZ  ??????????????      Whats his history ???

The diminutive 28-year-old Jonathan Diaz has a fascinating .228/.357/.297/.655 line in 2,932 at-bats over eight minor league seasons:

http://www.baseball-reference.com/minors/player.cgi?id=diaz--001jon&utm_campaign=Linker&utm_source=direct&utm_medium=linker-www.typepad.com

The guy can coax a walk.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ice-Cream. Show Ice-Cream's posts

Damn eight seasons in the minors?  I heard that a minor leaguer makes around $2K a month.  How does he pay his bills?  I hope he did not live in downtown Boston.  LOL

16. This post has been removed.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from dgalehouse. Show dgalehouse's posts

As I said earlier , the correct move was to DL Drew , and bring up Middlebrooks. Instead , they bring up a nobody like Diaz , and have to DFA Mortensen to make room for him. Diaz will not help the team , and now we are short a pitcher. Clearly a mistake. 

Stabbed by Foulke.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from BosoxJoe5. Show BosoxJoe5's posts

In response to dgalehouse's comment:

As I said earlier , the correct move was to DL Drew , and bring up Middlebrooks. Instead , they bring up a nobody like Diaz , and have to DFA Mortensen to make room for him. Diaz will not help the team , and now we are short a pitcher. Clearly a mistake. 

Stabbed by Foulke.

So you would have rather lost Drew for 15 days if he is only going to miss a game or two? Seems short sighted.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

In response to Ice-Cream's comment:

Damn eight seasons in the minors?  I heard that a minor leaguer makes around $2K a month.  How does he pay his bills?  I hope he did not live in downtown Boston.  LOL

That alone is the rent to live in DT Boston per month.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

Stabbed by Foulke.

You cant bring Middy up until he has had 10 games in AAA after being optioned. Snyder can be optioned back and another arm brought up. I see no mistake here.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from JimfromFlorida. Show JimfromFlorida's posts

Stabbed by Foulke.

THEY CAN NOT BRING MIDDLEBROOKS HE HAS NOT BEEN DOWN FOR 10 DAYS. HE HAS BEEN GONE SINCE TUESDAY SO THAT IS 4 GAMES AFTER TODAY.

WHY DL DREW I'M SURE THEY KNOW WHAT THEY ARE DOING. IF HE ENDS UP BEING OUT LONGER THEN THEY CAN BACK DATE THE DL AND GET MIDDLEBROOKS BACK. IN THE MEAN TIME WE HAVE DIAZ.

HOW DO YOU KNOW HE WON'T HELP?

HE ALREADY HAS BY THEM NOT FORCING BOGERTS IN TO A SPOT HE PROBABLY IS NOT READY FOR.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from dgalehouse. Show dgalehouse's posts

[QUOTE]

Stabbed by Foulke.

You cantbring Middy up until he has had 10 games in AAA after being optioned. Snyder can be optioned back and another arm brought up. I see no mistake here.

[/QUOTE]

You certainly can bring Middlebrooks up if you DL Drew. Snyder is the only backup  infielder. You can't send him down now. For now, we are short a pitcher, and we have a career minor leaguer at third. Let's see how long Drew is out. I doubt that it will only be a game or two. 

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

Stabbed by Foulke.

You cantbring Middy up until he has had 10 games in AAA after being optioned. Snyder can be optioned back and another arm brought up. I see no mistake here.

You certainly can bring Middlebrooks up if you DL Drew. Snyder is the only backup  infielder. You can't send him down now. For now, we are short a pitcher, and we have a career minor leaguer at third. Let's see how long Drew is out. I doubt that it will only be a game or two. 

Diaz can play 3IF positions and snyder can be sent down in favor of a pitcher or another move can be made. Middy isnt hitting that well in AAA and with Drew having a 954OPS over his last 10 games they dont want to DL him if they dont have to. Drew is a streaky hitter, and when hes hot he hits everything. Putting him on the 15-day DL if its not needed isnt a smart move.

Either way, its kind of odd they would pick Diaz over Snyder unless theres something else going on.

24. This post has been removed.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from dgalehouse. Show dgalehouse's posts

Stabbed by Foulke.

Diaz can play 3IF positions and snyder can be sent down in favor of a pitcher or another move can be made. Middy isnt hitting that well in AAA and with Drew having a 954OPS over his last 10 games they dont want to DL him if they dont have to. Drew is a streaky hitter, and when hes hot he hits everything. Putting him on the 15-day DL if its not needed isnt a smart move.

Either way, its kind of odd they would pick Diaz over Snyder unless theres something else going on.

You still need a backup infielder until Drew can play. So , you now need both Diaz and Snyder for the time being, no matter how many positions Diaz can play. And , you will be short a pitcher during that time.  You are missing the point here.