3rd Base...

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

Re: 3rd Base...

In response to dgalehouse's comment:

In response to southpaw777's comment:

In response to southpaw777's comment:

As I said earlier , the correct move was to DL Drew , and bring up Middlebrooks. Instead , they bring up a nobody like Diaz , and have to DFA Mortensen to make room for him. Diaz will not help the team , and now we are short a pitcher. Clearly a mistake. 

Stabbed by Foulke.

You cantbring Middy up until he has had 10 games in AAA after being optioned. Snyder can be optioned back and another arm brought up. I see no mistake here.

You certainly can bring Middlebrooks up if you DL Drew. Snyder is the only backup  infielder. You can't send him down now. For now, we are short a pitcher, and we have a career minor leaguer at third. Let's see how long Drew is out. I doubt that it will only be a game or two. 

Diaz can play 3IF positions and snyder can be sent down in favor of a pitcher or another move can be made. Middy isnt hitting that well in AAA and with Drew having a 954OPS over his last 10 games they dont want to DL him if they dont have to. Drew is a streaky hitter, and when hes hot he hits everything. Putting him on the 15-day DL if its not needed isnt a smart move.

Either way, its kind of odd they would pick Diaz over Snyder unless theres something else going on.

You still need a backup infielder until Drew can play. So , you now need both Diaz and Snyder for the time being, no matter how many positions Diaz can play. And , you will be short a pitcher during that time.  You are missing the point here. 

No, I understand what your saying. They can keep snyder for a couple days and see how Drew is then. Im sure they arent too worried about a mop up guy right now. If their hand is forced then they can make the move, but if Drew is ok in a couple days you want him back in the lineup asap.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from raider3524. Show raider3524's posts

Michael Young - 3B -  Phillies

According to Rob Bradford of WEEI.com, the Red Sox "have not engaged in a single conversation" with the Phillies regarding a trade of infielder Michael Young.

George A. King III of the New York Post reported on Saturday afternoon that both the Red Sox and Yankees are plotting a possible Young deal. And now come the denials. Young, 36, is batting .289/.348/.412 with five homers and 21 RBI in 74 games this season for Philadelphia. Boston and New York could use immediate infield help, but there's only smoke and no fire at the moment. Related:  Red SoxYankees   Source:  WEEI.com Jun 29 - 5:57

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from dgalehouse. Show dgalehouse's posts

That's what it comes down to. How soon Drew returns.  If he only misses a couple of games with the hamstring injury , I will be surprised. I guess they know the prognosis, but hamstring injuries usually are more than a couple of days. 

Stabbed by Foulke.

4. This post has been removed.