4/20 Game thread vs. A's - Let's light it up Sox!

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from wherescreamingcomesfrom. Show wherescreamingcomesfrom's posts

Re: 4/20 Game thread vs. A's - Let's light it up Sox!

That's why I like Bard not being the closer, he's more valuable in these types of situations. Even if pap closes this game, Bard is the one who "saved" it.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from andrewmitch. Show andrewmitch's posts

Ah, there's DJ.  As soon as the game is under control he comes through.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from J-BAY. Show J-BAY's posts

dont look anDREW!!!!!!

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from SpacemanEephus. Show SpacemanEephus's posts

In Response to Re: 4/20 Game thread vs. A's - Let's light it up Sox!:
    [QUOTE]I don't know, this team is near the basement in W/L record. I think the team will be fire with Lowrie in the same role he's in, SS v. most LHP starters, some 3rd when Youk DH's against some LHP starters, and some backup 2nd and first. I also think the this team would be fine without Jed Lowrie, if they traded him for a solid young RH corner outfielder.
    Posted by BaseballGM[/QUOTE]
     Long run, sure maybe they don't need a Jed Lowrie, but, at this moment in time, the Sox are dead in the water without J-Lo.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from SpacemanEephus. Show SpacemanEephus's posts

[QUOTE]Ah, there's DJ.  As soon as the game is under control he comes through.
    Posted by andrewmitch[/QUOTE]

Guess you haven't been watching many games this year huh?

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from andrewmitch. Show andrewmitch's posts

[QUOTE]I don't know, this team is near the basement in W/L record. I think the team will be fire with Lowrie in the same role he's in, SS v. most LHP starters, some 3rd when Youk DH's against some LHP starters, and some backup 2nd and first. I also think the this team would be fine without Jed Lowrie, if they traded him for a solid young RH corner outfielder.

Trading Lowrie for a RH corner OF'er makes no sense. If you need a RH bat to balance the line up, you already have Jed.....

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxdirtdog. Show redsoxdirtdog's posts

GM,

Give it up!  Just admit you're wrong & move on.....  NOBODY'S buying it.  You're p!$$in in the wind.  Take a look at you shoes!  You say, "don't believe your lying eyes!"  Can't help what WE're looking at......  The kid is finally healthy, & WE're finally seeing what he's capable of!  :)

Cue the ............  "Lies, damned lies, & GM statistics."  :)

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from BaseballGM. Show BaseballGM's posts

Drew came through in the 2007 ALCS, when the game was "in hand".

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from andrewmitch. Show andrewmitch's posts

You know I've watched every inning.  If Jenks and Paps can't hold the 3-run lead we're toast anyways at this point in time.....You have seen Paps pitch this year, right?

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from andrewmitch. Show andrewmitch's posts

[QUOTE] dont look anDREW!!!!!!
    Posted by J-BAY[/QUOTE]

I think you're stealing RSInsider's thunder but that's ok.  I do like when that happens - it makes me laugh and it's another run......

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from BaseballGM. Show BaseballGM's posts

Ellsbury must be taking Tito's criticism to heart. He's just standing there trying to get walks. That's not working either. He better go back to trying to swing for the RF fence, his OBP isn't going up just standing there.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from wherescreamingcomesfrom. Show wherescreamingcomesfrom's posts

If it really makes the team better, okay. But who backs up the infield? Who replaces his right handed bat? I think he is really valuable right now to this team, I don't think you can get better value in return.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from andrewmitch. Show andrewmitch's posts

[QUOTE]Shades of David Murphy

Didn't I just say that???

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from BaseballGM. Show BaseballGM's posts

Jenks and Papelbon on a long bridge span to cover. Jenks imploded in his last outing. The small ball A's should help him.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from andrewmitch. Show andrewmitch's posts

Man with this pen the starters have to finish six innings

Buck has not met expectations thus far this season

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from andrewmitch. Show andrewmitch's posts

Jenks did not implode his last outing...it was the outing BEFORE that one (2 outings ago).......

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from drewyou. Show drewyou's posts

[QUOTE]Ah, there's DJ.  As soon as the game is under control he comes through.
       Come on; you don't know if the game is under control or not. No run is to be dissed. Secondly JD is hitting over 300 against lefties; a lot better than Crawford, McDonald, and Cameron. Give JD credit for a great swing against a lefty!!!

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from BaseballGM. Show BaseballGM's posts

Trading Lowrie for a RH corner OF'er makes no sense. If you need a RH bat to balance the line up, you already have Jed.....

It makes total sense, if you look beyond 2011. Scutaro is right handed, BTW, and the Red Sox have Iglesias beyond 2011, BTW.

Pray tell who is going to be in the OF in 2011? Crawford, LH, Ellsbury LH (slap hitter splits), and ?

The team also needs a solid young catcher to backup the Salty/Walmart bargain bin experiment.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from JB-3. Show JB-3's posts

Anyone else have flashbacks to the ugly Damon collision on that pop-up to shallow center?

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from joel49. Show joel49's posts

Just walked in on a four run lead.  Gotta love that.  I see Lowrie's had another big day.  I hope Terry rides him at least until he cools off.  For those who have maligned the starting pitching, has any one of them given up more than a run this last trip through the rotation?  Did Ells really K looking three times?  Ouch.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from andrewmitch. Show andrewmitch's posts

OK.....After seeing about a dozen horrific swings against the lefty today, Drew finally had ONE very good swing today.

btw, Drew's swing has never been the issue.  It's a great stroke.  If Pedey had that stroke he'd win the triple crown every year.........

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from BaseballGM. Show BaseballGM's posts

Andrew, how long was Jenks' last outing?

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from BaseballGM. Show BaseballGM's posts

Wrong, if Pedey had that stroke he'd never have been AL MVP. He's too small for that kind of "stroke".

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxdirtdog. Show redsoxdirtdog's posts

Now that was one hell of a catch by DeJesus

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from J-BAY. Show J-BAY's posts

wondered where you were joel, glad to hear youre "walking" ;) gotta love any lead at this point.