4 up in the win column...

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from harness. Show harness's posts

Re: 4 up in the win column...

Rare to see a 4-game edge in one column - and none in the other.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

Rare to see a Sunday scheduled day off.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from crix. Show crix's posts

Keep in mind NYY have four less games played than Boston. 

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from harness. Show harness's posts

In Response to Re: 4 up in the win column...:
    [QUOTE]Keep in mind NYY have four less games played than Boston. 
    Posted by crix[/QUOTE]

And they have to win all of them just to tie...

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

We basically have the same schedule as NY, except we play 3 more against Tex and they play 3 more vs LAA, 3 more at Sea and 1 vs MN.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from crix. Show crix's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: 4 up in the win column... : And they have to win all of them just to tie...
    Posted by harness[/QUOTE]

I'm not saying they will win them all.  But even if they take  2/4, the lead will be cut in half.  Believe me, I'm all about bragging in the face of the Yankees, but at least let them play the postponed games before we tout the 4 win/2 games lead.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: 4 up in the win column... : I'm not saying they will win them all.  But even if they take  2/4, the lead will be cut in half.  Believe me, I'm all about bragging in the face of the Yankees, but at least let them play the postponed games before we tout the 4 win/2 games lead.
    Posted by crix[/QUOTE]

If they lose 2 of 4, our lead stays the same (overall).

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from SinceYaz. Show SinceYaz's posts

It does give one a warm feeling inside.  So much better than having to make up those wins.  

Not sure it's bragging, but at least among Sox fans it's a nice place to be.  Gives one the feeling of a hot mug of soup on a frosty midday.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from adam4522. Show adam4522's posts

Winning 20 of 30 is certainly not out of the range of possibility.  18 is even more likely.  Either way thaat adds up to at least 100 wins...If they get hot watch out.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from saintJ. Show saintJ's posts

4 more wins then NYY and we still have played less home games.  All the sox have left is 13 more road games while NY has 19.  Things are looking good.  With a little luck NY will get rained out today, play 2 tomorrow with extra innings and be exhausted for the series next week.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Beantowne. Show Beantowne's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: 4 up in the win column... : I'm not saying they will win them all.  But even if they take  2/4, the lead will be cut in half.  Believe me, I'm all about bragging in the face of the Yankees, but at least let them play the postponed games before we tout the 4 win/2 games lead.
    Posted by crix[/QUOTE]

Hey crix,

Not sure that stating the obvious is bragging. I was merely throwing out the numbers to see what the responses would be. Don't' know that I mplied the race was over or the lead ws insurmaountable...

I'll ask you have you ever seen a team four games up in the win column and tied tied in the loss column this late in the year becasue I can't recall ever seeing it? I just fond the numbers to be curious wonder if Tim K. On ESPN wil have fun with those numbers....

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Beantowne. Show Beantowne's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: 4 up in the win column... : If they lose 2 of 4, our lead stays the same (overall).
    Posted by moonslav59[/QUOTE]

If they lose 2 of 4 we gain 2 games in the loss column anything short of 4-0 is to our advantage even if they go 4-0 we're still tied. That's a good problem to have I guess...

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: 4 up in the win column... : If they lose 2 of 4 we gain 2 games in the loss column anything short of 4-0 is to our advantage even if they go 4-0 we're still tied. That's a good problem to have I guess...
    Posted by Beantowne[/QUOTE]

Yes, of course.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from slomag. Show slomag's posts

[QUOTE]We basically have the same schedule as NY, except we play 3 more against Tex and they play 3 more vs LAA, 3 more at Sea and 1 vs MN.
    Posted by moonslav59[/QUOTE]

I see the Yankees schedule as much more difficult, due to the travel and make-up games.  The furthest the Sox travel is Tampa, and they never leave their own time zone.  The Yankees have a west-coast swing, and now with the makeup they have lost a getaway day.  The go from a home stand against the Orioles, to one day in Baltimore, to Seattle, LA and Toronto, where they get their only scheduled day off the rest of the year.  It's a brutal way to end a long season.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Beantowne. Show Beantowne's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: 4 up in the win column... : I see the Yankees schedule as much more difficult, due to the travel and make-up games.  The furthest the Sox travel is Tampa, and they never leave their own time zone.  The Yankees have a west-coast swing, and now with the makeup they have lost a getaway day.  The go from a home stand against the Orioles, to one day in Baltimore, to Seattle, LA and Toronto, where they get their only scheduled day off the rest of the year.  It's a brutal way to end a long season.
    Posted by slomag[/QUOTE]

I think we make too much of the stregnth of schedule...I think the home - road splits are far more relevent and certainly the Yanks depth will be tested in the next few weeks but remember on September 1st they can call up everyone on thier forty man roster...

Just last week I read how the Yanks were going to surge ahead playing the likes of Balitmore and Oakland while the sox were supposed to struggle playing 8 road games and went 6-2, taking 3 of 4 from Texas in Arlington and the Yanks played .500 in that same time period...

I too like were we sit but trust me Tampa ain't gonna roll over and we still have 6 head to head games with the Yanks and we get Texas, they get Anahiem...both of whom are in a fight for their division, where the loser goes home! 

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Beantowne. Show Beantowne's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: 4 up in the win column... : And if a frog had a parachute it wouldn't slap it's @zz on the ground every time it hopped........
    Posted by ** />TheBabe<**[/QUOTE]

Hey babe...not exactly sure what the above is supposed to mean...I've already made it clear above that I"m stating the obvious, perhaps you should read through the post before firing off a sacastic response, one that is ripe with envy? 

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from royf19. Show royf19's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: 4 up in the win column... : I think we make too much of the stregnth of schedule...I think the home - road splits are far more relevent and certainly the Yanks depth will be tested in the next few weeks but remember on September 1st they can call up everyone on thier forty man roster... Just last week I read how the Yanks were going to surge ahead playing the likes of Balitmore and Oakland while the sox were supposed to struggle playing 8 road games and went 6-2, taking 3 of 4 from Texas in Arlington and the Yanks played .500 in that same time period... I too like were we sit but trust me Tampa ain't gonna roll over and we still have 6 head to head games with the Yanks and we get Texas, they get Anahiem...both of whom are in a fight for their division, where the loser goes home! 

I agree.

Baseball is a funny game in that on any given day, it doesn't matter how good or how bad the team/pitcher is that you're facing. I remember those posts too. The Sox had a brief lull that will happen over the course of a long season. The whiners were all over the board as if the Sox were in a freefall. And just as you noted, despite playing in Texas where the Sox struggled, they get back in gear.

Home/away IMO might be a bigger factor than anything else, although when teams are hot or cold, that doesn't matter either.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from **>TheBabe<**. Show **>TheBabe<**'s posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: 4 up in the win column... : Hey babe...not exactly sure what the above is supposed to mean...I've already made it clear above that I"m stating the obvious, perhaps you should read through the post before firing off a sacastic response, one that is ripe with envy? 

I'm just saying "if" is the biggest word in the English language.

And hardly "ripe with envy"..........

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Beantowne. Show Beantowne's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: 4 up in the win column... : I agree. Baseball is a funny game in that on any given day, it doesn't matter how good or how bad the team/pitcher is that you're facing. I remember those posts too. The Sox had a brief lull that will happen over the course of a long season. The whiners were all over the board as if the Sox were in a freefall. And just as you noted, despite playing in Texas where the Sox struggled, they get back in gear. Home/away IMO might be a bigger factor than anything else, although when teams are hot or cold, that doesn't matter either.
    Posted by royf19[/QUOTE]

Hey Roy,
    There's always a ton of varibles day to day and when you look too far ahead you can always make a case for why X teams schedule appears to be tougher that Y's...Pitching matchups, who's hot, who's not, how one teams pen is setup heading into a series vs the others, who's dinged up and who's not, who you play the following series, all play a role and..one of the many reasons why baseball is so compelling that momentum can swing on that days starter and a couple of bloops that find grass...that's why even the best teams only win 60% of their games...

On a side note I also find it funny that when we try to arrive at the relative strengths of the contenders schedules rarely do I see post that suggest that having the Sox on your schedule is also daunting for many teams.

If you asked the Angels or the Rangers if they'd rather be playing the Orioles or the Royals in September with the division on the line vs the Sox and Yanks. I'm pretty certain who'd they chose and again regardles of whether Tampa is elimanated or not trust me Maddon ain't gonna roll over...

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from summerof67. Show summerof67's posts

Two games ahead. Tied in the loss column, but still a boon.

Worth a happy dance.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from moremo. Show moremo's posts

Baseball remains a funny, funny game.

Yankees held to 5 hits in getting shut out by Zach Britton and the O's. Texiera, with the lowest batting avg. of the 9 who were penciled in to start for the Yanks this afternoon, gets 3 of the 5 hits. The Yankees torched Britton for 9 runs in a 1/3 of an inning the last time they faced him.

The 1st place Red Sox face the A's, a team whose bullpen literally imploded against the Yankees on Thursday night, and the Sox manage but 2 earned runs in 11.1 innings against the A's pen, good for a 1.58 ERA.

Funny, funny game.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from summerof67. Show summerof67's posts

One game up in the loss column, thanks to that shutout by the O's.

Another happy dance, thank you.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from moremo. Show moremo's posts

You can make that 3 up in the win column...

Two innings had significant 3's, back to back, to back homeruns for the Yankees in the top of the 6th. Bases loaded no outs in the bottom of the 8th for the O's, and Roberston K's 3 straight swinging.

New York - Top of 6thSCORE
    Brian Matusz pitching for BaltimoreNYYBAL

M Teixeira singled to left.33
    R Cano homered to left, M Teixeira scored.53
    N Swisher homered to left.63
    C Jakubauskas relieved B Matusz.63
    A Jones homered to left center.73
    R Martin singled to left.73

Baltimore - Bottom of 8thSCORE
    Ivan Nova pitching for New YorkNYYBAL
    J Hardy singled to center.83
    N Markakis walked, J Hardy to second.83
    D Robertson relieved I Nova.83
    A Jones singled to right, J Hardy to third, N Markakis to second.83
    V Guerrero struck out swinging.83
    M Reynolds struck out swinging.83
    R Adams struck out swinging.83

Nova wins his 10th straight.
    A record of 14-4 seems pretty decent for that down to earth rookie.
    The Yankees are 17-5 in games started by Nova this season.
    Seemed like a good time to share 3 more facts with you all.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from harness. Show harness's posts

[QUOTE]One game up in the loss column, thanks to that shutout by the O's. Another happy dance, thank you.
    Posted by summerof67[/QUOTE]

Luv the Snoopy jig!

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from Celtics1986. Show Celtics1986's posts

It is over!!! The only guys they have who can pitch are Sabathia and NOva and we own Sabathia.

They are no threat!

Sections
Shortcuts