4:00? Really?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from S5. Show S5's posts

4:00? Really?

What's up with this 4:00 start today? Is this something new?  Is this a TV thing or because it's a getaway day?  They're doing this three times this year.  

There are a few other 4:00 starts but they're obviously TV games on weekends.  

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

Re: 4:00? Really?

In response to S5's comment:
    [QUOTE]

What's up with this 4:00 start today? Is this something new?  Is this a TV thing or because it's a getaway day?  They're doing this three times this year.  

[/QUOTE]

yup, Ill be missing a bunch of games due to my work schedule. Hopefully that will change soon so I can get to the chatroom for a whole game...

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from J-BAY. Show J-BAY's posts

Don't know the Rangers schedule, but may be early due to a get away day?

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from ThefourBs. Show ThefourBs's posts

In response to J-BAY's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

They have a travel day on Thurs. They play at home on Friday.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from jete02fan. Show jete02fan's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE] man,  and i though 6:10 was odd...remember back in the day, when 4 used to be the first game of a twi-night double dip

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from J-BAY. Show J-BAY's posts

In response to ThefourBs's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

They have a travel day on Thurs. They play at home on Friday.

[/QUOTE]

Thought the 6:10 game yesterday was a misprint, what's with that? Tried to listen to the game on the radio on the way, but they were covering the UCONN mens basketball rally. Bad enough they won....Yell

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from J-BAY. Show J-BAY's posts

In response to jete02fan's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE] man,  and i though 6:10 was odd...remember back in the day, when 4 used to be the first game of a twi-night double dip

[/QUOTE]

Gameday and chatzy for me, today.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

no chatzy for me Cry

work hours s u c k!!! Hopefully that will change soon...Ill be on mlb gameday again...

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from J-BAY. Show J-BAY's posts

In response to southpaw777's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

no chatzy for me Cry

work hours s u c k!!! Hopefully that will change soon...Ill be on mlb gameday again...

[/QUOTE]

Can't chatzy at work, paw?

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

[QUOTE]

In response to southpaw777's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

no chatzy for me Cry

[/QUOTE]

Can't chatzy at work, paw?

[/QUOTE]

no, its not a sit down job where I can join the conversation. I can listen to the radio though. Like I said, hopefully the hours will change soon.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from BogieAt12oclock. Show BogieAt12oclock's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

I guess I'll have to tivo Judge Mathis.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from ZILLAGOD. Show ZILLAGOD's posts

There is no good reason to start the game at this time of day. Travel is not an issue for either team.

I am recording it and will watch later. 

However, anything longer than 12 innings and I will likely not be able to start watching until almost 9:00 PM est.

Much rather they would stay with the 7:10 start time. Gives most people time to have dinner and settle in.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from tomnev. Show tomnev's posts

I agree the 4pm start time is riduculous.....I am fortunate that I am working from home today so I can have the game on in the background....I could understand it a little better in the summer when schools were out....but in April it makes no sense

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from antibody. Show antibody's posts

Strange start time but works for me. Not working today so will be able to be at NNCC for this one. I'll say hello to Harry for you. 

Cool?

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from S5. Show S5's posts

In response to antibody's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Strange start time but works for me. Not working today so will be able to be at NNCC for this one. I'll say hello to Harry for you. 

Cool?

[/QUOTE]

ROFL!  Ya. you do that!! And have one of those $2.25 pints for me too. 

Lord, I've been gone a week and I miss that place already!  Smile

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from antibody. Show antibody's posts

[QUOTE]

In response to antibody's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Cool?

[/QUOTE]

ROFL!  Ya. you do that!! And have one of those $2.25 pints for me too. 

Lord, I've been gone a week and I miss that place already!  Smile

[/QUOTE]

HAHA! I'll have 2 (+?).  Won't be much to miss inside a month. By then I'll be able to hear myself sweat. Tongue Out

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from steven11. Show steven11's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

it is ok as long as nesn replays the game later.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from RigatoniT. Show RigatoniT's posts

Start time is awesone! love it. Get real jobs so you can make your own schedual.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from fizsh. Show fizsh's posts

I think you see the earlier start time because it is April.  Try to get the game in before it gets too cold outside.  I know that was the reason they started some games at 6 in years past.

As for me I confused myself.  4 o'clock is a normal start time, being on the West Coast.  But when I saw the start time at 4 my mind didn't register that it was 4 Eastern.  I went to go listen to the game at work and found out it was already over.  Doh!

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ice-Cream. Show Ice-Cream's posts

I came back home from work, opened a can of Cherry Coke, and then later, saw Ortiz hit a three-run homer.   Cool

I saw several kids in the stands, aren't they suppose to be at school?   LOL

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from RigatoniT. Show RigatoniT's posts

All games until Mid May and after Labor Day need to start no later than 6:05PM, ever. Saturday and Sunday games aside from the National 8PM game need to all be day games, all of them.

It is not rocket science.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

We are undefeated in 4 O'clock games.

Let's change all our home start times to 4:00!!!

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from pinstripezac35. Show pinstripezac35's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

yup it looks that way

8) For the 2012 season, Clubs may be scheduled to play a road
    game starting after 5 P.M. even if such game is followed by a home
    off-day. On or before October 15, 2012, the Players Association
    may provide written notice to the Office of the Commissioner that
    beginning with the 2013 season, no Club shall be scheduled to play
    a road game starting after 5 P.M. if such game is a road game and is
    followed by a home off-day, unless:
    (a) a later game is required to be scheduled pursuant to a
    national television agreement; or
    (b) the road Club is playing at Texas on or after June 1.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from steven11. Show steven11's posts

I think the 4:00 start turned out ok.  As it was pointed out by Don and Joe, a lot of kids who normally would not have been able to attend, were there.

NESN quickly went into repeat for those who could not see it live.