4.30 STAFF ERA?? Ok BEN, here is how to fix it!!! (jimfromflorida wiil like this)

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bill-806. Show Bill-806's posts

4.30 STAFF ERA?? Ok BEN, here is how to fix it!!! (jimfromflorida wiil like this)

Ben, It's obvious that Lester & BECKETT$ "are what they are", so here is what you need to do , NOW GRASSHOPPER.......  IGGY AT SHORTSTOP will take 1.5 runs per game off that stat.... Ok all you T-BALL & ICE CREAM GUYS/GALS, what say you ???????

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from JimfromFlorida. Show JimfromFlorida's posts

Re: 4.30 STAFF ERA?? Ok BEN, here is how to fix it!!! (jimfromflorida wiil like this)

Why not just put Ciracio in at SS. That way you get the D and O all in one.
    We know Iggy can not hit and Aviles is not either Iggy or Ciracio in the field.

See you can make sense and complete a thought when you try. I now know you can do it more often.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bill-806. Show Bill-806's posts

Re: 4.30 STAFF ERA?? Ok BEN, here is how to fix it!!! (jimfromflorida wiil like this)

In Response to Re: 4.30 STAFF ERA?? Ok BEN, here is how to fix it!!! (jimfromflorida wiil like this):
    [QUOTE]Why not just put Ciracio in at SS. That way you get the D and O all in one. We know Iggy can not hit and Aviles is not either Iggy or Ciracio in the field. See you can make sense and complete a thought when you try. I now know you can do it more often.
    Posted by JimfromFlorida[/QUOTE]Good point Jim,   actually I like them both !!!!

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bill-806. Show Bill-806's posts

In Response to Re: 4.30 STAFF ERA?? Ok BEN, here is how to fix it!!! (jimfromflorida wiil like this):
    [QUOTE]Why not just put Ciracio in at SS. That way you get the D and O all in one. We know Iggy can not hit and Aviles is not either Iggy or Ciracio in the field. See you can make sense and complete a thought when you try. I now know you can do it more often.
    Posted by JimfromFlorida[/QUOTE]I wish that I could figure out why management refuses to offset the pitching with a tighter defense ???

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from tomnev. Show tomnev's posts

Bill....I agree with our pitching woes we should look wherever possible to have a solid defense, but 1 1/2 runs per game is dreamland....as excellent as Iggy might be, you would be lucky if he made a run and a half per week difference....just based on opportunity.....and compared to Aviles he would probably cost you a run per week at least on offense....so the ERA drops a touch but so does the offense...Ciriaco probably helps the D a little and doesnt hurt the offense so he is the better choice, but his effect on the staff ERA might drop it to a 4.25.....the issue with this team is they just dont seem to be able to hit at the right time....they waste decent(not great) pitching performances by getting shut down after scoring 9 runs the previous game....no consistnecy on offense or in the pitching. This teams woes run alot deeper than  our Shortstops defense.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bill-806. Show Bill-806's posts

[QUOTE]Bill....I agree with our pitching woes we should look wherever possible to have a solid defense, but 1 1/2 runs per game is dreamland....as excellent as Iggy might be, you would be lucky if he made a run and a half per week difference....just based on opportunity.....and compared to Aviles he would probably cost you a run per week at least on offense....so the ERA drops a touch but so does the offense...Ciriaco probably helps the D a little and doesnt hurt the offense so he is the better choice, but his effect on the staff ERA might drop it to a 4.25.....the issue with this team is they just dont seem to be able to hit at the right time....they waste decent(not great) pitching performances by getting shut down after scoring 9 runs the previous game....no consistnecy on offense or in the pitching. This teams woes run alot deeper than  our Shortstops defense.
    Posted by tomnev[/QUOTE]Good Post.... "we are what we are"  !!!

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from ANONMD08. Show ANONMD08's posts

Nomar made a good point the other night when he said the top 2 pitchers are a combined 10-18 with an ERA of around 5.5. He said at least if they were at .500 theSox would be leading in the wild card race. It is what it is. As much as I want to see them make the playoffs presently at this time they won't. Not to put a damper on anything this upcoming seies with the Indians may turn brutal. There's no fix right now other than to ride this out. During the off season get rid of some of them in the front office.  

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from georom4. Show georom4's posts

sox starting pitchers destroyed us in 2011, they are doing it again....except for Pike...he thinks the "team" is responsible...

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from LloydDobler. Show LloydDobler's posts

Following geo, the ERA for the starting rotation is 4.79, the fifth-worst in all of baseball. Not surprisingly, they're averaging less than 6 IP per outing.

10. This post has been removed.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from ctredsoxfanhugh. Show ctredsoxfanhugh's posts

Iggy over Ciriaco.

Ciriaco will be the next Nava  (let him prove me wrong I like the guy)  He has ZERO!!!!! plate discipline, he swings at EVERYTHING but doesn't have the power to get away with that.  Eventually that will catch up to him, and when it does he has the speed and defense and ability to make contact/bunt to stay on this team, but he is not your SS of the future.

Iglesias is still young for a AAA player and scouts have liked what they see and our confident his bat will develop....he has shown streaks where he can hit and has looked better at the plate this year.  It's all about upward mobility, if a player is improving and he is young enough then there should be reason to assume he may continue to improve.  Iglesias is your future SS.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from boboinfla. Show boboinfla's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: 4.30 STAFF ERA?? Ok BEN, here is how to fix it!!! (jimfromflorida wiil like this) : I wish that I could figure out why management refuses to offset the pitching with a tighter defense ???
    Posted by Bill-806[/QUOTE]

Bill: You are right on! However, I will go farther and say that the FO in the last year has underformed and now we have what they have given us. Even with Papi coming back, I don't see much help coming from Ben et al. I see the injuries slowing down this train wreck, but even then they should be over .500

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxu571. Show redsoxu571's posts

[QUOTE]Aggregate team ERA is meaningless, just as "run differential" averages are meaningless. Ciriaco provides energy, speed and quality agility and skill to the SS position. I doubt that he'll ever be a long term high OBP hitter, but he doesn't have to be. Aviles net v. Ciriaco net would have Ciriaco miles ahead of the slugging little league green monsta Aviles with his minor league OBP and heavy wooden foot action. Bill, that's a bingo.
    Posted by TrotterNixon[/QUOTE]

Bill James would disagree with you (regarding the first comment).

And keep in mind that Bill James knows baseball far better than you do. And that he's done something called "research"...you should try it some time. The idea is to see if actual evidence backs the hypotheses you spout, and/or to discover an understanding from evidence.

When you make points like this, your input is what's meaningless.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bill-806. Show Bill-806's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: 4.30 STAFF ERA?? Ok BEN, here is how to fix it!!! (jimfromflorida wiil like this) : Bill James would disagree with you (regarding the first comment). And keep in mind that Bill James knows baseball far better than you do. And that he's done something called "research"...you should try it some time. The idea is to see if actual evidence backs the hypotheses you spout, and/or to discover an understanding from evidence. When you make points like this, your input is what's meaningless.
    Posted by redsoxu571[/QUOTE]Please don't confuse BILL-806 with Bill James !!!!!

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from donrd4. Show donrd4's posts

In Response to 4.30 STAFF ERA?? Ok BEN, here is how to fix it!!! (jimfromflorida wiil like this):
    [QUOTE]    Ben, It's obvious that Lester & BECKETT$ "are what they are", so here is what you need to do , NOW GRASSHOPPER.......  IGGY AT SHORTSTOP will take 1.5 runs per game off that stat.... Ok all you T-BALL & ICE CREAM GUYS/GALS, what say you ???????
    Posted by Bill-806[/QUOTE]

Sure ..If management just put Iggy at short problem solved.......So glad we have Ben and not Bill...........Dam whats wrong with posters on here.................How about what not say you ...Bill