In response to moonslav59's comment:

I think by mid season, we may see this order:

1) Buchholz

1A) Lester

3) Lackey

4) Dempster

5) Doubront/ Morales/ Webster

I think Dempster is more durable and reliable than Lackey

He has been over recent years, but I think Lackey is over the injury that plagued him for a couple years. 

It's a close call. I'm fine with flipping them 3/4 or 4/3.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bill-806. Show Bill-806's posts

Re: 5 Guys Getting the Job Done...

In response to BurritoT-'s comment:

Please stop creating so many darn threads about baseball! It is annoying! Tongue Out

YUK, YUK, YUK........  You funnnnyy guuuuy !!!

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from maxbialystock. Show maxbialystock's posts

Whatever else our comments are or may be, moonslav is right to feature the rotation, which is way better than any of us expected.  I expect  Buchholz and Lester to come back a little, but the other three to pick up some.  A good bullpen will help in the rough patches.  Webster lurking in Pawtucket ain't half bad either.  And the credit, other than to those five pitchers, goes to--Ben C and John Farrell.  But the lion's share has to go to Ben C for last year's housecleaning and his minimalist approach to offseason acquisitions. 

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from DaffyDan. Show DaffyDan's posts

In response to maxbialystock's comment:

Whatever else our comments are or may be, moonslav is right to feature the rotation, which is way better than any of us expected.  I expect  Buchholz and Lester to come back a little, but the other three to pick up some.  A good bullpen will help in the rough patches.  Webster lurking in Pawtucket ain't half bad either.  And the credit, other than to those five pitchers, goes to--Ben C and John Farrell.  But the lion's share has to go to Ben C for last year's housecleaning and his minimalist approach to offseason acquisitions. 

Which begs the question -- although a bit early, maybe -- will this team be be adding at the trade deadline? And what? 

-Daf. 

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

In response to DaffyDan's comment:

Which begs the question -- although a bit early, maybe -- will this team be be adding at the trade deadline? And what? 

-Daf. 

We should know more by the deadline. I'm still not sold on our starting 5. I know they have done very well, but it's a long time between now and July 31st. LF, SS, and Catcher could be upgraded, and is Victorino stays out for a while, maybe RF could be upgraded. 

It should play itself out.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from RSF4Life234. Show RSF4Life234's posts

-Daf. 

We should know more by the deadline. I'm still not sold on our starting 5. I know they have done very well, but it's a long time between now and July 31st. LF, SS, and Catcher could be upgraded, and is Victorino stays out for a while, maybe RF could be upgraded. 

I think we are fine at catcher and ss, ss in particular should be fine, as weather heats up so should steven drew who missed out on most of spring training.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

In response to RSF4Life234's comment:

-Daf. 

I think we are fine at catcher and ss, ss in particular should be fine, as weather heats up so should steven drew who missed out on most of spring training.

What position(s) do you think could be upgraded the most for a 2013 run?

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from RSF4Life234. Show RSF4Life234's posts

-Daf. 

Honestly im pretty okay with the way this team is constructed. It seems to be a great group of guys who love to play together which is never a bad thing. That being said im open to wait until the allstar break before i think about what needs to specifically be changed about the team. They always say the first half of the season is for evaluating your team and the trade deadline is for fixing it.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

-Daf. 

Honestly im pretty okay with the way this team is constructed. It seems to be a great group of guys who love to play together which is never a bad thing. That being said im open to wait until the allstar break before i think about what needs to specifically be changed about the team. They always say the first half of the season is for evaluating your team and the trade deadline is for fixing it.

By early July, I think we will see a weakness or at least a slot that can be improved.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from RSF4Life234. Show RSF4Life234's posts

-Daf. 

By early July, I think we will see a weakness or at least a slot that can be improved.

I can agree with that. Perhaps it will be a similar situation as 2007 in which only a few minor tweeks are needed, but only time will tell. In the meantime this is a fun season to watch, and im simply enjoying the ride!

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

-Daf. 

I can agree with that. Perhaps it will be a similar situation as 2007 in which only a few minor tweeks are needed, but only time will tell. In the meantime this is a fun season to watch, and im simply enjoying the ride!

Lester had his first truly rough game last night. Hes looked a little off his last couple starts, but there was no doubt last night was bad. I think the ump cost him 2 ER, but, it is what it is.

Hopefully he will bounce back good against a tough Texas team with some power RH bats.

As far as fixing holes, I agree with both of you. There probably will be a couple weaknesses exposed by the time July rolls around, but that is what the first 3 months of the season will tell us. One month isnt enough time. Come the end of June we should a lot clearer picture of things.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

Even if we identify clear need arears by the deadline, it doesn't mean we will or should trade prospects to upgrade those areas.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from maxbialystock. Show maxbialystock's posts

I'm against trading prospects, and I think Lester would be worlds better if he had a good, reliable changeup. 

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

I'm against trading prospects, and I think Lester would be worlds better if he had a good, reliable changeup. 

Depends on the prospects, who we are getting, and what our chances are at the time.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

Even if we identify clear need arears by the deadline, it doesn't mean we will or should trade prospects to upgrade those areas.

Depends on what prospects and who were getting in return. But overall, Im not for trading them.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

I agree, but trading Andrew Miller, Sean Coyle, and Dan Butler for decent 2 month rental that could make us a stronger contender would bnot break my heart.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from maxbialystock. Show maxbialystock's posts

Somebody's playing a lot of fantasy baseball, I think.  Always looking for the next deal because that's what fantasy baseball is all about. 

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

Somebody's playing a lot of fantasy baseball, I think.  Always looking for the next deal because that's what fantasy baseball is all about. 

I've never played fantasy baseball. 

Thinking of ways to improve the Sox is a hobby of mine, but not as big a one as rooting for the Sox to win every day.

Sections
Shortcuts