5 playoff games, zero excitement

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from maxbialystock. Show maxbialystock's posts

5 playoff games, zero excitement

Ho hum.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Sheriff-Rojas. Show Sheriff-Rojas's posts

Re: 5 playoff games, zero excitement

In response to maxbialystock's comment:

Ho hum.

That's what they were saying about the Mets/Red Sox World Series in 1986 up until Game 6.  

Be careful what you ask for, Max.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from kimsaysthis. Show kimsaysthis's posts

You have the wrong board for Red Sox excitement. It's always been this way. IMO some Yankee fans and their friends try to keep the enthusiasm to a minimum so as to not annoy fans of the rival team. Would be great if Sox fans who just like to enjoy their team would swarm this forum. But...it's been this way for so long, they'd have a huge mountain in their way...like sheriff telling them they were taunting Yankee fans with their excitement. Unreal.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from maxbialystock. Show maxbialystock's posts

Whoa, whoa, whoa.  I am not talking about the 5 games series with the Rays which starts today.  I'm talking about the zero excitement playoff games that were played between Tampa and Texas, Pittsburgh and Cincinatti, Tampa and Cleveland, Pittsburgh and St Louis, and LA and Atlanta.  Not an ounce of excitement in any of them, which were all over by around the 3d inning. 

I do expect the Sox and Rays to have tough, close, exciting games.  Maybe too much so. 

5. This post has been removed.

6. This post has been removed.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from ABSmoke. Show ABSmoke's posts

I definitely enjoyed watching the Pirates-Reds game. Crowd was going nuts.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from maxbialystock. Show maxbialystock's posts

In response to RedSoxFireman's comment:

"Excitement", for the intelligent baseball fan, is not based on how close the score is.

Really?  Well, while I too like to see good pitching, I also like to watch a game where both sides have a shot at winning.  Cobb pitched very well Wednesday night, which basically meant the Indians didn't have a chance even when they had men on base.  An unequal matchup.  Same applies to the Rangers Monday night against Price.  Same applies to Kershaw last night against the Braves. 

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from ZILLAGOD. Show ZILLAGOD's posts

Whoa, whoa, whoa.  I am not talking about the 5 games series with the Rays which starts today.  I'm talking about the zero excitement playoff games that were played between Tampa and Texas, Pittsburgh and Cincinatti, Tampa and Cleveland, Pittsburgh and St Louis, and LA and Atlanta.  Not an ounce of excitement in any of them, which were all over by around the 3d inning. 

I do expect the Sox and Rays to have tough, close, exciting games.  Maybe too much so. 

While I have to agree with you ( I fell asleep during the two games I started watching), I can understand why a team would try to put the other away in a 1 game playoff. You get behind in this game and there is no tomorrow. It is a pretty stupid concept if you ask me. I hate this if I am a fan of a team that loses the 1 game playoff. Really it should be a best of 5.....I know, I know, this would bring the World Series closer to Thanksgiving than Halloween. However, the one game playoff is just stupid. It reminds of back when hockey had the idiotic best of 3 series back in late 70s /early 80s. The brainsurgeons who run that league finally smartened up and changed that one!

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from LloydDobler. Show LloydDobler's posts

"Excitement", for the intelligent baseball fan, is not based on how close the score is.

Occasionally, you do say something intelligent.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from RSPCB73. Show RSPCB73's posts

I don't know about the excitement in this forum but I'm pumped.  I live in NYC, and having a lot of fun, going around town, wearing my 2004 WS Championship hat, and tweaking my NYC friends who are both PO'ed and sad that their beloved Yankees are out.  I'm looking forward to an exciting series, and hoping for Sox to win in 4 or 5.

Red Sox in 2013 World Series, Patriots in 2014 Super Bowl!

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from ThefourBs. Show ThefourBs's posts

In response to LloydDobler's comment:

[QUOTE]

Occasionally, you do say something intelligent.

[/QUOTE]

You enjoy a game where one team has a 6 run lead?

Sure, there's a chance the other team will get a rally going.

But, it doesn't happen all that often in the playoffs.

I was nodding off, during the Braves/ Dodgers game.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from LloydDobler. Show LloydDobler's posts

In response to ThefourBs' comment:

I hope a certain home team has a six-run lead today. Yes, I was  nodding off  last  night, too,  but in my defense it was late.

It's playoff baseball, man.  The atmosphere is truly special.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from ThefourBs. Show ThefourBs's posts

In response to LloydDobler's comment:

In response to ThefourBs' comment:

[QUOTE]

I hope a certain home team has a six-run lead today. Yes, I was  nodding off  last  night, too,  but in my defense it was late.

It's playoff baseball, man.  The atmosphere is truly special.

[/QUOTE]

Well, today's 3 :00 game is a whole nother thing!

But, if I have no real rooting interest, I like a close game.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hammah29r2. Show Hammah29r2's posts

In response to The4040club's comment:

[QUOTE]

I thought the tampa cleveland game was good. 

[/QUOTE]
    yeah, it's just a shame that the tribe didn't show up. the guy with the drum was there though.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from mef429. Show mef429's posts

In response to Hammah29r2's comment:

In response to The4040club's comment:

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

I thought the tampa cleveland game was good. 

[/QUOTE]
    yeah, it's just a shame that the tribe didn't show up. the guy with the drum was there though.

[/QUOTE]

OK, THAT is funny!

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from SFBostonFan. Show SFBostonFan's posts

Really?  Well, while I too like to see good pitching, I also like to watch a game where both sides have a shot at winning.  Cobb pitched very well Wednesday night, which basically meant the Indians didn't have a chance even when they had men on base.  An unequal matchup.  Same applies to the Rangers Monday night against Price.  Same applies to Kershaw last night against the Braves. 

==============================

One key hit could have changed the whole completion of that game. A combination of skill and some good luck too to the Rays. They get 4 runs on 8 hits and Indians get "0" runs on 9 hits. Moore & Price seem to do the same to us in that we can get 2/3 runs on 5/6 hits but they settled down & we can't knock them out. Then they scratch 3/4 runs on just a few hits. We will need some key hits with men on...not just solo HRs.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from SinceYaz. Show SinceYaz's posts

Thank you for explaining yourself, Max.  I feel much better about you now.  :o)

But I do find it interesting to watch the Pitt games. 

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Joebreidey. Show Joebreidey's posts

I find that 50% of the fans find a blowout very exciting.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from crix. Show crix's posts

In the midst of a game, I'll take a blowout over a grinding nailbiter any day.  The nailbiter win may be more satisfying looking back, but during the game I don't want it to be close.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from kimsaysthis. Show kimsaysthis's posts

Well then, my bad. It's just a pet peeve of mine. I feel a Red Sox board, especially on Boston.com, where it shouldn't be able to annoy other fans like on other sites with multiple teams, you should able to be happy, ecstatic and over the moon without worrying about other teams' fans feeling "taunted". You should also be able to enjoy the rivalry and take shots at them if you feel like it. Again, without annoying rival teams' fans. IMO this site should be for Red Sox fans and whatever they're feeling.

There is a group, and you could be one of them, I don't know, who feels we're a dual board because of all the Yankee posters here. I'm fine with Yankee posters being here, but when they are in charge of what's acceptable for Red Sox fans on this site, then it's no longer a Red Sox site. That's not fair to Sox fans who come here, or would come here if it were different. It should be the furthest thing away from rival team fans. If they come here, they should know that everyone is posting their feelings here, and not on a Yankee board, which would be obnoxious IMO. Probably why I don't understand when some Yankee fans here say, "Well he said this first, so I said that." Their insults are from Yankee fans on a Sox board. Our comments are from Sox fans on a Sox board.

And NO comments about the Yankees, even negative, have anything to do with the fans, they are comments about a baseball team called the Yankees.

No need to respond (not that I thought you would). I explained this a number of times to no avail. So I guess I'll just say it again, if anyone is making negative posts about the Yankees, they are NOT meant to be negative comments about the Yankee fans. If anyone is making positive comments about the Sox -- even giddy with excitement -- they are not meant to "taunt" fans of the Yankees that may be here. And I would appreciate it if Yankee fans wouldn't make their negative comments about the Sox on a Sox board, and leave Sox posters alone who do make negative comments about the Yankees on a Sox board. They're sharing their feelings about their team and their rival on a board that was created for the fans of the Red Sox.

Sections
Shortcuts