.500 Within Reach Once Again

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from MikeNagy. Show MikeNagy's posts

.500 Within Reach Once Again

It seems like every time the sox get to this point, needing one more win to break even, they fall a couple more back.

I think they will finally reach this milestone tonight with Lester on the mound, and hopefully move forward from there. It would be a big psychological turning point after their miserable 2 and 10 start.

They are only 3.5 games back (OK babe, five back in the loss column).

Crawford looks like he is coming around. Ellsbury with a 18 game hitting streak despite not being as good as Coco Crisp.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from SinceYaz. Show SinceYaz's posts

Re:.500 Within Reach Once Again

SO far, Mike,

We've got all the votes!!!!

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hammah29r2. Show Hammah29r2's posts

tonite boys, I am totally on board.............tonite.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from jete02fan. Show jete02fan's posts

Morning gents...sometimes it seems like getting there is harder than staying there, (Joe T used to say something like that) he would also say keep the plan simple..get to .500, then shoot for 5 over, 10 over etc, not that i know what's going to happen for the rest of the month, but you guys seem to be in a much better space(playwise) than before, gotta keep looking at the next game and let the record speak for itself, after KC we have you guys and the Rays, the start of interleague we could be looking at an interesting swing... to me,this is gonna be a fun couple of weeks ahead..

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from MikeNagy. Show MikeNagy's posts

In Response to Re:.500 Within Reach Once Again:
    [QUOTE]Morning gents...sometimes it seems like getting there is harder than staying there, (Joe T used to say something like that) he would also say keep the plan simple..get to .500, then shoot for 5 over, 10 over etc, not that i know what's going to happen for the rest of the month, but you guys seem to be in a much better space(playwise) than before, gotta keep looking at the next game and let the record speak for itself, after KC we have you guys and the Rays, the start of interleague we could be looking at an interesting swing... to me,this is gonna be a fun couple of weeks ahead..
    Posted by jete02fan[/QUOTE]

Morning, Jete, one day at a time. It will be interesting to see what punishment Big Joe dishes out to his buddy Francona.

That umpire called a balk on Wakefield, another buddy of Joe's. He called him in the clubhouse after game 7 of the ACLS in 2004, and congratulated him. Nothing but class on Torre's part. I've always liked him, but know some in yankeeland changed their tune about him a little bit after his kiss and tell book.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from jete02fan. Show jete02fan's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re:.500 Within Reach Once Again : Morning, Jete, one day at a time. It will be interesting to see what punishment Big Joe dishes out to his buddy Francona. That umpire called a balk on Wakefield, another buddy of Joe's. He called him in the clubhouse after game 7 of the ACLS in 2004, and congratulated him. Nothing but class on Torre's part. I've always liked him, but know some in yankeeland changed their tune about him a little bit after his kiss and tell book.
    Posted by MikeNagy[/QUOTE]hey Mike, first...Joe West is an azz, he put hands on Francona twice during that whole thing...he's has it in for the Yanks and Sox, remember it was him who called them a disgrace to the game..as for Joe T, while my only thought was that the book was a bit ill-timed, i remain grateful to Joe for those 4 titles...  

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from summerof67. Show summerof67's posts

Hey, jete. Looking forward to this weekend - when the rubber meets the road.

Curious to see if that tailwind coming off the Harlem River will add a few dingers for the LH hitters in both lineups...

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from niz-58. Show niz-58's posts

In Response to .500 Within Reach Once Again:
    [QUOTE]It seems like every time the sox get to this point, needing one more win to break even, they fall a couple more back. I think they will finally reach this milestone tonight with Lester on the mound, and hopefully move forward from there. It would be a big psychological turning point after their miserable 2 and 10 start. They are only 3.5 games back (OK babe, five back in the loss column). Crawford looks like he is coming around. Ellsbury with a 18 game hitting streak despite not being as good as Coco Crisp.
    Posted by MikeNagy[/QUOTE]

With Lester pitching, the Sox definitely reach .500. Then, Lackey pitches. All bets are off

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from jete02fan. Show jete02fan's posts

[QUOTE]Hey, jete. Looking forward to this weekend - when the rubber meets the road. Curious to see if that tailwind coming off the Harlem River will add a few dingers for the LH hitters in both lineups...
    Posted by summerof67[/QUOTE]yeah, i can't wait either, hopefully when you guys are batting, the anti-gravity field they installed will work properly...Tongue out
    besides, i owe my bud Carnie some wager payback..YellTongue out

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from summerof67. Show summerof67's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re:.500 Within Reach Once Again : yeah, i can't wait either, hopefully when you guys are batting, the anti-gravity field they installed will work properly... besides, i owe my bud Carnie some wager payback..
    Posted by jete02fan[/QUOTE]

Payback is a bear, as we all know too well.

Cool

Lookin' forward to it.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from maxbialystock. Show maxbialystock's posts

Joe West is a jerk, pure and simple, even though in general I like and support the umpires, even when they are wrong. 

Tonight is the time to get over the hump with Lester starting at Toronto, but staying there will be hard with Lackey starting tomorrow night.  The good news is that Thursday is a day off, so Francona can bring in the bullpen early and often. 

The hitting still isn't there, especially with RISP.  But, like almost everyone else, I believe it will get there. 

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from law2009a. Show law2009a's posts

u

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from law2009a. Show law2009a's posts

n

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

Joe West is azz alright..
    http://www.cowboyjoewest.com/Diamond_Dreams.mp3

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from law2009a. Show law2009a's posts

m

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from law2009a. Show law2009a's posts

m

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from 1for89. Show 1for89's posts

Maxwell Smart:

"Missed it by *that* much!"

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from parhunter1. Show parhunter1's posts

I thought they'd do it tonight, with Lester on the mound.  I am wrong again.  If they are to reach .500 this week, it will have to be against NY.

Sections
Shortcuts