56 in Jeopardy?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from nhsteven. Show nhsteven's posts

Re: 56 in Jeopardy?

In Response to Re: 56 in Jeopardy?:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: 56 in Jeopardy? : To quote a line from the movie "Dumb and Dumber" "So you're saying there is a chance".
    Posted by PaulLaCourse[/QUOTE]

That's what I said earlier.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from -The--Babe----------. Show -The--Babe----------'s posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: 56 in Jeopardy? : Sorry pea brain, but neither was Dimaggio, who was also a skin flint; or do I need to repeat the "Frank Sinatra portrait" story?
    Posted by nhsteven[/QUOTE]

Sorry stephanie, I didn't claim that Joe D was a nice guy. Maybe if your reading comprehension was a little stronger you would see that, pea brain.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from nhsteven. Show nhsteven's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: 56 in Jeopardy? : Sorry stephanie, I didn't claim that Joe D was a nice guy. Maybe if your reading comprehension was a little stronger you would see that, pea brain.
    Posted by -The--Babe----------[/QUOTE]

You claimed TW was a louse in the context of Joe D, that's all I needed to see. I see you still have gender superiority issues; all I need is some falsies and you can call me a dumb broad as well as a pink hatter, as is your modus operandi.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from -The--Babe----------. Show -The--Babe----------'s posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: 56 in Jeopardy? : You claimed TW was a louse in the context of Joe D, that's all I needed to see. I see you still have gender superiority issues; all I need is some falsies and you can call me a dumb broad as well as a pink hatter, as is your modus operandi.
    Posted by nhsteven[/QUOTE]

No, the other clown tried to say that Williams was a very likable guy, which he wasn't by most accounts. I did not say anything about whether Joe was liked or not. 

You really are clueless.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from fivekatz. Show fivekatz's posts

Williams and DiMaggio were interesting contracts. Media loved Joe, his teammates hardly knew him. The media hated Ted, his teammates loved him.

As for the OP I truly doubt that 56 is ever gets broken or that Pedroia would be the one to do it.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ice-Cream. Show Ice-Cream's posts

I do not think that Pedroia will get to 56.  But he will win another World Series ring this year!!!  :)

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from nhsteven. Show nhsteven's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: 56 in Jeopardy? : No, the other clown tried to say that Williams was a very likable guy, which he wasn't by most accounts. I did not say anything about whether Joe was liked or not.  You really are clueless.

If you say so, it must be true.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from jrh1194. Show jrh1194's posts

Eventually someone will break the 56 game record just as eventually someone will have an average higher than .406. It will happen in each case, I just don't think that Pedey will be the one to do it.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from -The--Babe----------. Show -The--Babe----------'s posts

[QUOTE]Eventually someone will break the 56 game record just as eventually someone will have an average higher than .406. It will happen in each case, I just don't think that Pedey will be the one to do it.
    Posted by jrh1194[/QUOTE]

Well, players have hit higher than .406 before, but not one has hit in more than 56 games straight at the major league level.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from jimdavis. Show jimdavis's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: 56 in Jeopardy? : I must have missed the part where Williams was the only player to serve in the Armed Forces.

Whether others served or not doesn't change the fact that service in his prime reduced his numbers.  No point can go unchallenged?  Why is everything a battle when it could just be a conversation between people.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from -The--Babe----------. Show -The--Babe----------'s posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: 56 in Jeopardy? : Whether others served or not doesn't change the fact that service in his prime reduced his numbers.  No point can go unchallenged?  Why is everything a battle when it could just be a conversation between people.
    Posted by jimdavis[/QUOTE]

I was having a conversation. You turn it into a battle.