57 wins B4 the break

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Beantowne. Show Beantowne's posts

57 wins B4 the break

Pretty impressive first half for a club that was picked to finish last by most. According to MLB TV. The 57 wins ties the record for most in franchise history with the 2008 team that also won 57 before the break. With three to go in Oakland, they could sweep'em and finish with 60.

Might be time to come up with a catch phrase for this group like the 2004 squad's "cowboy up"? 

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

Re: 57 wins B4 the break

A name will surface if its meant to be. Someone, Like Millar did, will say something that will stick.

I thought 90 wins was realistic at the start of the season. I didnt think they would be doing this good at this point in the season. Still 2.5 months left to go though.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

They probably arent going to sweep Oakland, I wouldnt complain too much if they only win one, would be very happy with two, and three would be beyond anything. But they better win tonight behind Lackey, because Fat Cat Ace unpredictable on Saturday, and who knows who on Sunday against Juice Boy Colon. The depressing thing is looking at who NY, Bal, and TB play this weekend. The Sox are probably going to have to sweep Oak just to keep from losing ground.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

If we can end the WC trip at .500 Id be happy. The rest of the ALE seem to have it pretty easy this weekend, But weve seen stranger things happen. Either way, the worst that can happen is we end up ahead by only .5 games. So we will be in 1st place no matter what going into the break. I think we should win at least one game a a good chance of 2.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from ThefourBs. Show ThefourBs's posts

Getting out of the west coast with .500 or better is always a good thing.

If they can take the A's series, I'll be ecstatic!

As for the other teams in the AL East, the Sox will have their chance to take care of business against each of them, after the ASB.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from RSF4Life234. Show RSF4Life234's posts

In response to ThefourBs' comment:

As for the other teams in the AL East, the Sox will have their chance to take care of business against each of them, after the ASB.

It certainly doesn't hurt that so far this year the sox have been pretty tough against divisional opponents. That more then anything else helps to increase the chances of making the playoffs.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from ThefourBs. Show ThefourBs's posts

In response to RSF4Life234's comment:

In response to ThefourBs' comment:

[QUOTE]

It certainly doesn't hurt that so far this year the sox have been pretty tough against divisional opponents. That more then anything else helps to increase the chances of making the playoffs.

[/QUOTE]

Yup, that 23-15 record against the rest of the division is a big reason they are where they are now.

Let's hope they can improve the pathetic 2-5 record against the O's.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from tomnev. Show tomnev's posts

The Sox have 15 games left before the end of July, these 3 in Oakland, 9 games at home, (3 vs Yankees, 4 vs Rays, and the 1st 2 of a series vs the Mariners) and a short 3 game trip to Baltimore in between. I do not expect it, but if they were to win 12 of those 15 games, they would match last year's win total with two months to go in the season. Just the fact that it is even a remote possibility, shows how impressive this season has been so far. More importantly. those 10 games against the Yanks, Rays and O's ater the break are huge.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ice-Cream. Show Ice-Cream's posts

57 wins so far is very impressive considering that the team won only 69 games last year!

A tough series vs. the red-hot Oakland A's.  I think Boston will take two out of three vs. the A's.  

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from RSPCB73. Show RSPCB73's posts

For all the pitching woes (except Lackey), it's the hitting that has allowed the team to flourish lately.  Who would have thought at the start of the season that Lackey would be the Ace and the team would lead the league in runs!

Well done, players, coaches and management.  You make us proud to be part of the Nation!

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from dgalehouse. Show dgalehouse's posts

The schedule will stay tough. There are not a lot of teams that are pushovers.  So far , the Sox have been up to the challenge.

Stabbed by Foulke.