6/15 Game Thread: Beckett vs. Hellickson

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from CMHBOSOX. Show CMHBOSOX's posts

6/15 Game Thread: Beckett vs. Hellickson

Let's hit the ball tonight and start another streak.

GO SOX!!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from sindarin-erebor. Show sindarin-erebor's posts

Re: 6/15 Game Thread: Beckett vs. Hellickson

"Let's go Red Sox!"

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

We have GOT to beat these guys tonight. Can't afford to get swept down here. Bringing back bad memories, I'm going to need therapy soon.....

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from CMHBOSOX. Show CMHBOSOX's posts

Uhhhh....Another GIDP.....Come on, Josh, Set the tone.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from soxmeister. Show soxmeister's posts

Beckett looks sharp ...

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

I don't know guys, I got a bad feeling about this game, about this whole series. The hitters look aweful so far. Just about every time we go down there something stupid happens, and we leave town with our tail tucked. I hate the Rays.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from 26RINGSANDCOUTING. Show 26RINGSANDCOUTING's posts

RAYS HAVE THIS GAME IN THE BAG

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

BTW, what does Upton think he's doing with the whole "look I'm Derek Jeter" pose when he steps to the plate? Jeter looks like he's trying to tell the whole universe to pause and give him homage because he's climbing into the box. "Wait a sec ump, I'm not quite ready yet." Is that what's on Upton's mind too?

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from CMHBOSOX. Show CMHBOSOX's posts

Way to rebound, Josh. Start us, Jacoby. We need to post a crooked number here.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from CMHBOSOX. Show CMHBOSOX's posts

That's a start. Need to put Jacoby in motion here (versus staying put like last night).

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

GIDP #5 so far? Ridiculous.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from CMHBOSOX. Show CMHBOSOX's posts

Another flippin' GIDP..unreal...

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

In Response to Re: 6/15 Game Thread: Beckett vs. Hellickson:
    [QUOTE]That's a start. Need to put Jacoby in motion here (versus staying put like last night).
    Posted by CMHBOSOX[/QUOTE]

Had they done that they might have avoided the DP. I just don't understand why this team doesn't run more than it does.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from dgalehouse. Show dgalehouse's posts

Playing very passive baseball all of a sudden. Ells has to be stealing or maybe a hit and run there. Passive ball played..... Another double play results.  Hard to understand.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

In Response to Re: 6/15 Game Thread: Beckett vs. Hellickson:
    [QUOTE]Playing very passive baseball all of a sudden. Ells has to be stealing or maybe a hit and run there. Passive ball played..... Another double play results.  Hard to understand.
    Posted by dgalehouse[/QUOTE]

That's exactly it. When they go down there into that stadium they play like they're scared to death. This Hellickson is a good pitcher, but he's still a rookie, and he's making the Sox hitters look like they have no idea. He's not THAT good.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from CMHBOSOX. Show CMHBOSOX's posts

It's as though the calendar reverted back to April....

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from soxdawg08. Show soxdawg08's posts

What is it? Rays got 'em handcuffed. Dejavu?

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from CMHBOSOX. Show CMHBOSOX's posts

Unreal. Fifteen batters faced through five and less than sixty pitches. Another absolutely pathetic offensive approach and performance.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

Dejavu is about right. And it's just a matter of time before something stupid happens and they put up 2 or 3 on Beckett.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from canetime. Show canetime's posts

youk looks like he can not see the ball.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

I'll say this, so far the only thing from Boston that looks better than Beckett is Heidi. Wow.....

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from CMHBOSOX. Show CMHBOSOX's posts

At least Josh is doing his job. Maybe we should let him hit?

Both teams act as though they want to get this over with to watch the Bruins game. Five innings complete in an hour and fifteen minutes....

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from soxdawg08. Show soxdawg08's posts

Heidi always looks scrumpioous. Yum!

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from dgalehouse. Show dgalehouse's posts

I'll say this; The Rays have an outstanding organization. No matter how many players they lose, they have good young players to replace them. Joe Maddon is one of the best in the game, and he gets the most out of them. This extends to their scouting as well. They have the Sox hitters well scouted. The fielders are well placed and the pitchers execute the game plan very well ,also.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

Wow. This offense is nothing short of utterly pathetic tonight. I just hope Josh can hold them off. History says there will be a bad hop ground ball or a broken bat hit that wins it for Tampa Bay. I hate the Rays about as much as I hate New York. It's 51/49 NY now, but that could shift at any moment. I really, really, really don't like Tampa Bay.

Sections
Shortcuts