6/15 Game Thread: Beckett vs. Hellickson

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from dgalehouse. Show dgalehouse's posts

Re: 6/15 Game Thread: Beckett vs. Hellickson

In Response to Re: 6/15 Game Thread: Beckett vs. Hellickson:
    [QUOTE]Just came in and read thru this thread.  Reaction:  Tremendous lack of faith in what this team is  capable of by Examiner/CMBosox/dgale/canetime.
    Posted by piersall[/QUOTE]
    Thanks for coming in late and performing your duties as the official evaluator of the other posts.  Don't know what we would do without your help. Thanks again.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from soxdawg08. Show soxdawg08's posts

Beckett was a master out there tonite. Seems to get more effective as the season goes on. That's "Ace" stuff. Nice game Red Sox! 

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from LloydDobler. Show LloydDobler's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: 6/15 Game Thread: Beckett vs. Hellickson : sorry have to ask there was a 3rd inning single doesn't that erase the perfect game?
    Posted by SpikeCunn5[/QUOTE]
    I missed it, too, but apparently Brignac had a little dribbler in the third.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from LloydDobler. Show LloydDobler's posts

OH BOY IS THIS GREAT!

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from digger0862. Show digger0862's posts

That makes me laugh everytime Lloyd.Laughing

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxdirtdog. Show redsoxdirtdog's posts

Forgive me Father for I have sinned!  It has been 7 innings since I checked up on the Red Sox!  I wanted to, but I was afraid I might jinx the BRUINS!!!!

ONE hit!  Are you kidding me!   BECKETT!!!!!!!!!!!!!   He's BAAAAAAAAAACK  :)

p.s.   BRUINS  3 - 0

p.p.s.   Atta boy YUKE!   REDEMPTION!!!!

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from SpikeCunn5. Show SpikeCunn5's posts

LloydDobler

I was just asking, I was a baseball fan in the 1970's early 80's before the internet. Just trying to catch up. I was overseas for 12 years before the internet and I am trying to catch up.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from LloydDobler. Show LloydDobler's posts

[QUOTE]LloydDobler I was just asking, I was a baseball fan in the 1970's early 80's before the internet. Just trying to catch up. I was overseas for 12 years before the internet and I am trying to catch up.
    Posted by SpikeCunn5[/QUOTE]
    A good year to do it, hopefully! You still overseas now?

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from SpikeCunn5. Show SpikeCunn5's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: 6/15 Game Thread: Beckett vs. Hellickson : A good year to do it, hopefully! You still overseas now?
    Posted by LloydDobler[/QUOTE]

LloydDobler
    Started watching in 2003 been hooked since.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from tcal2-. Show tcal2-'s posts

Good win tonight.

BRUINS!!

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

Piersall: "Tremendous lack of faith"? No, tremendous understanding of this team's recent history at Tampa Bay--and that's a FACT! Mingled with that is my intense dislike of the Rays. No one could be happier the Sox won than me, (I posted that myself) but to say that you knew it was gonna go that way because of your great faith is a stretch. If you think that way, post that they're gonna win when the thread starts in the first inning. But you won't do that, because just like the rest of us, you don't know. Saying nothing then coming in at the end--after the fact--to critique the rest of us doesn't make you smarter. Sox Win! I never doubted it for a moment. hehehehe

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from summerof67. Show summerof67's posts

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Flapjack07. Show Flapjack07's posts

Someone track down Andrewmitch (if you can) and ask him if he thinks any GM in baseball would take Beckett for a PTBNL now.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from NUSoxFan. Show NUSoxFan's posts

Missed tonight's game, too busy watching the Bruins win the Stanely Cup...

Oh well ;D

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from ctredsoxfanhugh. Show ctredsoxfanhugh's posts

and to think at this point last year some of us were thinking how Josh's contract extension was a mistake.   Realistically it's still to early to say one way or the other........but he's definitely making up for last season. 

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from piersall. Show piersall's posts

[QUOTE]Piersall: "Tremendous lack of faith"? No, tremendous understanding of this team's recent history at Tampa Bay--and that's a FACT! Mingled with that is my intense dislike of the Rays. No one could be happier the Sox won than me, (I posted that myself) but to say that you knew it was gonna go that way because of your great faith is a stretch. If you think that way, post that they're gonna win when the thread starts in the first inning. But you won't do that, because just like the rest of us, you don't know. Saying nothing then coming in at the end--after the fact--to critique the rest of us doesn't make you smarter. Sox Win! I never doubted it for a moment. hehehehe
    Posted by TheExaminer[/QUOTE]

Examiner;
    I make no claim to be smarter. (Just ask Babe, she's declared me an idiot numerous times)  I was out for the evening last night, so your suggestion that I was lurking, waiting to see what the outcome would be, and take credit for being a great seer, is inaccurate.  I just get short with the doomsdayers and handwringers.  I tend to take the positive approach, and hang for the long run. (as in a guy can be having a bad night, and end up the hero)  I'm not a predictor, nor do I take great joy in being "one up" on last nights game.  BUT, just to deviate,  despite the fact that, as you say, I don't really know, I WILL predict a victory by this very good team tonight.  Should I be wrong, you can enjoy yourself with a hearty: "Sox lose.  Piersall was wrong.  I never doubted it for a moment."

PS  Let's all unite in a toast to the CHAMPION BRUINS, another feather in the city of champion's hat.  (BTW, I had faith they could win it)