6/28 Game Thread: Beckett vs. Lee

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from tcal2-. Show tcal2-'s posts

Re: 6/28 Game Thread: Beckett vs. Lee

In Response to Re: 6/28 Game Thread: Beckett vs. Lee:
    [QUOTE]Well, we may see a no-hitter into the 5th the way 5-9 of the Sox lineup is constructed tonight.
    Posted by SoxPatsCelts1988[/QUOTE]

This lineup is Scary Ugly.  To bad no one in Sox management can see it.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from gr82bme. Show gr82bme's posts

I know he was a "feel-good" story last year, but McD has no business on a MBL team whatsoever.  I mean he's just been going that bad and why he's hitting 5th escapes me.  I know J.D. has a boo-boo and is worthless this year also, but even he has a better chance of producing in the 5 hole than McD or Cameron for that matter.  We're so bad, Beckett's got one of the two hardest balls hit.  Again, I know Lee's good, but our lineup has been in a funk for the last two series' - need to get better and right quick - the Yanks, as injured as they are, are killing the Brew-crew and if we don't do something soon, may be pulling ahead in the East.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxdirtdog. Show redsoxdirtdog's posts

[QUOTE]Tito's reasoning for the lineup was that Lee is tough on lefties and Darnell had hit some balls hard, lately.  I would still think that Reddick would have a better chance than Cameron. Also, why not give Sutton a shot?
    Posted by dgalehouse[/QUOTE]

dgale,

We know the reasoning......  Are we buying it???????   Absolutely NOT!
    These 2 have been flat pathetic against Lefties, Righties, Ambies, midgets, soft-pitch softball, beach balls, etc. etc. etc.   :)

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from tcal2-. Show tcal2-'s posts

Well positioned in Left.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from soxdawg08. Show soxdawg08's posts

No-no thru five. Nice!

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

Just who the fre-ek is "Dominic Brown"? Before this game I've never even heard of him.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from dgalehouse. Show dgalehouse's posts

Need a strikeout here.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN. Show COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN's posts

our only hope is to run up cliff lee's pitch count and dig in against the bullpen. beckett needed to be perfect, he's been good. lee's been perfect..  unless we get him out of there, we lose! we better have home advantage if we play them in the playoffs.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from tcal2-. Show tcal2-'s posts

Thank you God

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN. Show COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN's posts

well, who didnt predict a hit? a moral victory?

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from CMHBOSOX. Show CMHBOSOX's posts

Well, at least we didn't get no-hit. Thanks, Marco.

Come on, Josh. Run into one and make this interesting.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from dgalehouse. Show dgalehouse's posts

[QUOTE]our only hope is to run up cliff lee's pitch count and dig in against the bullpen. beckett needed to be perfect, he's been good. lee's been perfect..  unless we get him out of there, we lose! we better have home advantage if we play them in the playoffs.
    Posted by COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN[/QUOTE]

He is only at 62 pitches, so far.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

Look at the bright side: We have not had to get upset about not hitting w/risp tonight. Not one complaint about it. OOOOHHH look at that! A HIT!! Could it be?

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN. Show COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: 6/28 Game Thread: Beckett vs. Lee : or Cameron Diaz
    Posted by tcal2-[/QUOTE]but can they play the field? not in the bedroom, but the baseball field..

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

Just no way to hold their own with this lineup. Incredibly ugly.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from dgalehouse. Show dgalehouse's posts

Not a lot of good news today. Seems that Buchholz' back is still hurting. He will not be back when eligible.  Crawford will probably not be back when eligible, either.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from gr82bme. Show gr82bme's posts

Poor strategy.  As soon as Beckett failed to execute a sacrifice and fall behind 1-2, he should have been directed to take a 3rd strike.  He had absolutely no business (I don't care that he had a couple of HRs in the past) swinging away with the top of the line-up coming up.  I know folks will disagree, but only down 3 you had to try to manufacture a run and the chances of Beckett getting a hit or making a productive out were minimal.  Simply poor coaching/strategy.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from jete02fan. Show jete02fan's posts

Evening folks, how's everybody?...

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

And we'll get the sequel against the lefty Hammels on Thursday--same deal I'm sure.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from dgalehouse. Show dgalehouse's posts

[QUOTE]And we'll get the sequel against the lefty Hammels on Thursday--same deal I'm sure.
    Posted by TheExaminer[/QUOTE]

Yup. And with Lackey going tomorrow night, have to worry about being swept.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

Game over.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from gr82bme. Show gr82bme's posts

In the words of the immortal Dandy Don Meredith (courtesy of Willie Nelson), "turn out the lights, the party's over, they say all good things must end."

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from dgalehouse. Show dgalehouse's posts

Well, if there was any slight hope, it is gone now. This game is officially over.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN. Show COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN's posts

good night folks, lets regroup for morrow!

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from tcal2-. Show tcal2-'s posts

Getting jacked by a midget....I guess this f'ed up lineup has messed up Josh.

Sections
Shortcuts