6/28 Game Thread: Beckett vs. Lee

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from dgalehouse. Show dgalehouse's posts

Re: 6/28 Game Thread: Beckett vs. Lee

You won't hear it from Remy and Orsillo , but Beckett's velocity is down tonight. No life on the fastball.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from CMHBOSOX. Show CMHBOSOX's posts

In Response to Re: 6/28 Game Thread: Beckett vs. Lee:
    [QUOTE]Evening folks, how's everybody?...
    Posted by jete02fan[/QUOTE]

Aside from the reason we're here, I think we're doing okay. How are you?

Can you hit LHP and play either of the corner OF spots? We have a couple of openings. Of course, that only benefits us if Terry would actually put you in the lineup.....

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxdirtdog. Show redsoxdirtdog's posts

[QUOTE]good night folks, lets regroup for morrow!
    Posted by COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN[/QUOTE]

NEVER say die!!!

Come on!  Drew & Riddick are coming in next time around!

Let's not give up!   :)

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

[QUOTE]In the words of the immortal Dandy Don Meredith (courtesy of Willie Nelson), "turn out the lights, the party's over, they say all good things must end."
    Posted by gr82bme[/QUOTE]

When did the good things ever start to be ending? This series isn't looking good. I'd be thrilled if we could just get one game out of it, but even that is sketchy now. Night all......

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from dgalehouse. Show dgalehouse's posts

It could be worse. Lee could be a Yankee.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from proftom. Show proftom's posts

Okay, I've gone nuts again, but nuts in a good way within my own mind. 

Here's my thought. Instead of getting all caught up and cheering for McDonald and Cameron to do well tonight I decided switch it around. Hope they don't do well so that they will get DFA sooner. Hows that?

The best I can hope for out of this is for McDonald and Cameron to inch their way to DFA. 

If not if yo win or loose its when they get DFA.     

7. This post has been removed.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from tcal2-. Show tcal2-'s posts

[QUOTE]You won't hear it from Remy and Orsillo , but Beckett's velocity is down tonight. No life on the fastball.
    Posted by dgalehouse[/QUOTE]

Neither of these Bobble Heads would ever speak a negative word about the team.  That's what sucks about the team owning it's broadcast network.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from f8ted. Show f8ted's posts

These teams aren't in the same league, in more ways than one!

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from dgalehouse. Show dgalehouse's posts

You could probably have put money on that double play. Just knew it was coming.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from dgalehouse. Show dgalehouse's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: 6/28 Game Thread: Beckett vs. Lee :   Directed to take a 3rd strike? If that exists, then bring on the DH for both leagues ...
    Posted by prknsdnld[/QUOTE]

Probably should have tried to bunt with two strikes. Seems like it hardly matters, now.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from tcal2-. Show tcal2-'s posts

And it's offical, the White towel has been thrown.  Good job with everything today Francona

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from SinceYaz. Show SinceYaz's posts

Ouuuch...

Tough on Becks ..

Will this be the end of Dmac and  Cam?   How long will Tito's famed loyalty last with these two?

Off to the shop, T'storms about so no laptop along ... G'night ladies n gents.

Two more shots to score .... and win ....

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from dgalehouse. Show dgalehouse's posts

With so much focus on DMac and Cameron, and the lack of clutch hitting, the bigger problem could be the state of our starting pitching. Buch is still having back issues. Lester has not been sharp in a while. Now Beckett with a clunker tonight.  We are going to need those guys to be good.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxdirtdog. Show redsoxdirtdog's posts

I've been a big Francona supporter over the years,....................................
    BUT THIS LINEUP IS A JOKE!  HE ALONE GETS THIS LOSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    GIVES AWAY THIS LOSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

HE SHOULD BE ASHAMED OF HIS MANAGING FOR TONIGHT!

IT'S AN EMBARRASSMENT TO RED SOX NATION!!!!!!!!!!!

GIVING UP ON THE GAME BEFORE IT BEGAN IS AN INSULT TO THE PLAYERS, THE FANS, BECKETT, THE WHOLE GD ORGANIZATION!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'M FLAT OUT TICKED OFF!!!!!!!!

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from tcal2-. Show tcal2-'s posts

[QUOTE]With so much focus on DMac and Cameron, and the lack of clutch hitting, the bigger problem could be the state of our starting pitching. Buch is still having back issues. Lester has not been sharp in a while. Now Beckett with a clunker tonight.  We are going to need those guys to be good.

I think mentally Beck was a beaten man from the start.  Tough to stay up when you know your not going to get any run support thanks to the pathetic lineup by the manager.

In fact I believe it has affected the entire team tonight.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxdirtdog. Show redsoxdirtdog's posts

oooooops!!!!!   OK, Francona was right!  AYFKM..... or  Are You F Kidding Me!

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from soxdawg08. Show soxdawg08's posts

I'll bet when Tito writes Frick n' Frack into the lineup, he says "Ican't believe I'm doing this". Oops! A double by Frick!   

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from soxdawg08. Show soxdawg08's posts

Here comes Frack!

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from CMHBOSOX. Show CMHBOSOX's posts

A DMac contribution...That jumps the average to about .125!!

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from ADG. Show ADG's posts

[QUOTE]Poor strategy.  As soon as Beckett failed to execute a sacrifice and fall behind 1-2, he should have been directed to take a 3rd strike.  He had absolutely no business (I don't care that he had a couple of HRs in the past) swinging away with the top of the line-up coming up.  I know folks will disagree, but only down 3 you had to try to manufacture a run and the chances of Beckett getting a hit or making a productive out were minimal.  Simply poor coaching/strategy.
    Posted by gr82bme[/QUOTE]

He should have been pinch hit for down 3-0 in the 6th with only 9 outs left. You wouldn't burn your bullpen as you'd only need 3 innings.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from soxdawg08. Show soxdawg08's posts

And there goes Frack.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from tcal2-. Show tcal2-'s posts

[QUOTE]A DMac contribution...That jumps the average to about .125!!
    Posted by CMHBOSOX[/QUOTE]

It's kinda like one of those meaningless Arod 8th inning 3 run HR's with the Yankees already up by 12.

The dude whiffing twice with bases loaded is what he really is.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxdirtdog. Show redsoxdirtdog's posts

[QUOTE]With so much focus on DMac and Cameron, and the lack of clutch hitting, the bigger problem could be the state of our starting pitching. Buch is still having back issues. Lester has not been sharp in a while. Now Beckett with a clunker tonight.  We are going to need those guys to be good.

Love ya dgale, but with Crawford & Lowrie out of the lineup, & our bats struggling, these TWO, Cam & D'Mac become the de facto ISSUE!!!!!\

Francona makes them the issue, because HE INSISTS ON TROTTING THESE TWO STIFFS out on a VERY BIG NIGHT!!!!!

I Like Cam. & D'Mac, but this year????  THEY BOTH HAVE BEEN LESS THAN PATHETIC!!!!!!!!!!!!

Yes!  We have pitching issues long term, but that IS NOT THE ISSUE AT HAND!

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxdirtdog. Show redsoxdirtdog's posts

Love ya dgale, but with Crawford & Lowrie out of the lineup, & our bats struggling, these TWO, Cam & D'Mac become the de facto ISSUE!!!!!\

Francona makes them the issue, because HE INSISTS ON TROTTING THESE TWO STIFFS out on a VERY BIG NIGHT!!!!!

I Like Cam. & D'Mac, but this year????  THEY BOTH HAVE BEEN LESS THAN PATHETIC!!!!!!!!!!!!

Yes!  We have pitching issues long term, but that IS NOT THE ISSUE AT HAND!