6/28 Game Thread: Beckett vs. Lee

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from dgalehouse. Show dgalehouse's posts

Re: 6/28 Game Thread: Beckett vs. Lee

This is no defense of Cameron and McDonald, but nobody else is doing anything, either. Beckett did not match zeroes with Lee.  We have two hits in eight innings. Cannot blame this all on Cameron and DMac.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxdirtdog. Show redsoxdirtdog's posts

In Response to Re: 6/28 Game Thread: Beckett vs. Lee:
    [QUOTE]This is no defense of Cameron and McDonald, but nobody else is doing anything, either. Beckett did not match zeroes with Lee.  We have two hits in eight innings. Cannot blame this all on Cameron and DMac.
    Posted by dgalehouse[/QUOTE]

All TRUE!  BUT!  I don't like the feeling that Francona just gave this away before it began!  That starts with playing these 2 STIFFS!  I hate to admit it, but they ARE STIFFS!

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from soxdawg08. Show soxdawg08's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: 6/28 Game Thread: Beckett vs. Lee : All TRUE!  BUT!  I don't like the feeling that Francona just gave this away before it began!  That starts with playing these 2 STIFFS!  I hate to admit it, but they ARE STIFFS!
    Posted by redsoxdirtdog[/QUOTE]

I don't think their mothers would agree.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from canetime. Show canetime's posts

hate to say it but we are going out backwards.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from traven. Show traven's posts

I think the Sox just ran up against the wrong guy on the wrong night in Philly.  I for one am just glad the Phillies have this guy and not the Yanks. 

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from royf19. Show royf19's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: 6/28 Game Thread: Beckett vs. Lee : All TRUE!  BUT!  I don't like the feeling that Francona just gave this away before it began!  That starts with playing these 2 STIFFS!  I hate to admit it, but they ARE STIFFS!
    Posted by redsoxdirtdog[/QUOTE]

The problem is that you act like Francona left a couple of All-Stars on the bench. Drew has been horrible against lefties and really, would Reddick have made a difference? Reddick wouldn't have done any better than McDonald did and he might have been lucky to get the double that McDonald got.

So it's really unfair to say he gave the game away before it began.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from blingblang. Show blingblang's posts

Suddenly since the Padres series this lineup has gotten awfully cold - it has been feast or famine with this lineup.  Wish they spread the runs over the games.

Lee was masterful today.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from gr82bme. Show gr82bme's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: 6/28 Game Thread: Beckett vs. Lee : He should have been pinch hit for down 3-0 in the 6th with only 9 outs left. You wouldn't burn your bullpen as you'd only need 3 innings.
    Posted by ADG[/QUOTE]

Good points.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from gr82bme. Show gr82bme's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: 6/28 Game Thread: Beckett vs. Lee :   Directed to take a 3rd strike? If that exists, then bring on the DH for both leagues ...
    Posted by prknsdnld[/QUOTE]

Yes, or try to bunt with 2 strikes.  With respect to the DH?  Don't see that happening.  Bud Selig isn't exactly a progressive thinker.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from soxdawg08. Show soxdawg08's posts

Well, another day, another loss. Cliff Lee was as advertised....unbeatable! As bad as it seems, the Sox only 1.5 out after tonight. Better days coming.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

Yeah, rough night, but I think the Sox will be back in first before too long. The Yankees have held up better than some of us thought, but I think the Sox still have the better team.

"Patience you must learn."--Yoda

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from LondonRedSox. Show LondonRedSox's posts

Frown