6/4 Game Thread: Cahill vs, Beckett

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from freediro. Show freediro's posts

Re: 6/4 Game Thread: Cahill vs, Beckett

So glad I didn't stop watching back in the 11th, Drew really needed that hit!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxdirtdog. Show redsoxdirtdog's posts

I think I actually saw him crack a smile there during the team mugging :)

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from J-BAY. Show J-BAY's posts

shouldn't have gotten this far but that how the games goes.........everyone have a good saturday night...

go bruins!!!!!!

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN. Show COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN's posts

now the drew fans have another 2 years to gloat as he struggles around the mendoza line.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from soxdawg08. Show soxdawg08's posts

YES!!! YES!!! and YES!!!

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from gymrat05. Show gymrat05's posts

unreal..............

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from jete02fan. Show jete02fan's posts

and Drew will be giving a shoutout to Andrewmitch...Tongue out

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from CMHBOSOX. Show CMHBOSOX's posts

Great effort from Aceves today. Game had much more drama than it should have had but it's a "W". Hopefully we get six or seven from Lackey tomorrow, the offense puts up a big number and the walkoff gets Drew going.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from J-BAY. Show J-BAY's posts

In Response to Re: 6/4 Game Thread: Cahill vs, Beckett:
    [QUOTE]I think I actually saw him crack a smile there during the team mugging :)
    Posted by redsoxdirtdog[/QUOTE]

I thought the same thing RSD.....:))

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxdirtdog. Show redsoxdirtdog's posts

[QUOTE]mea culpa. Color me stunned. cudos to JD.
    Posted by tartarus12[/QUOTE]

Agreed!!!!   :)   It sure feels good to be wrong!  Love it!!!  I figured he'd blow it too!   Back to lovin him.......  Ok..  Love affair may not last long???  We'll see :)

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from dgalehouse. Show dgalehouse's posts

As bad as Drew has been going, I was still surprised they walked Lowrie to face him.  Great job Drew.  What a game!!!! 

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

Nice hitting Salty, Els, and--at long last--Drew, way to hang with 'em Aceves. Glad the Sox won. Great job by the bullpen today, er, wait..nevermind about that. Does this qualify as a "CRAWL off" since he's the one that got it started? I say put it down. CRAWL off #4. Let the 9th inning never be mentioned in my presence. Time to mow the yard, should have been done with it an hour ago. It's 95 degrees where I live, gonna be a hot one.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from J-BAY. Show J-BAY's posts

[QUOTE]and Drew will be giving a shoutout to Andrewmitch...
    Posted by jete02fan[/QUOTE]

hi Jete.....thanks for acevesLaughing

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from carnie. Show carnie's posts

[QUOTE]and Drew will be giving a shoutout to Andrewmitch...
    Posted by jete02fan[/QUOTE]That's too funny. Nice to see Drew make them pay for the dis though.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Goofywocky. Show Goofywocky's posts

Like a double header w/ only 1 w.  Great way to waste a future start by aceves.
    Maybe Tito will wake up

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from dgalehouse. Show dgalehouse's posts

Game balls to Aceves, Ellsbury, Crawford and , of course , Drew. Seashells and balloons!!!!

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxdirtdog. Show redsoxdirtdog's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: 6/4 Game Thread: Cahill vs, Beckett : I thought the same thing RSD.....:))
    Posted by J-BAY[/QUOTE]

This is kind of a sensitive subject, but I've had a theory about J.D. Drew for quite some time.  After moving to Oregon, I did my time at a really evangelical church.  Very nice people, but awfully "vanilla."  They work very hard at not putting ANYTHING above God.  Cool!  NO problem....  J.D. really seems to be firmly in that camp!  I just don't see much fire in his belly for baseball!  Not trying to offend any evangelicals, because I have seen many evangelical sports stars with a fire for their sport.  J.D. is not one of them!  IMO...  In fact, I think I've heard him say as much????  Very nice guy!  Very low key!  Just NOT A DIRTDOG!!!!!  Sorry!  :)

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxdirtdog. Show redsoxdirtdog's posts

I do love him today though!  :)

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from J-BAY. Show J-BAY's posts

could be RSD, but i've also heard him talk about his love for the game since he, steven and other brother played ball all day and night.....i just dont think its end all be all for him. i think its more his temperment than anything.  he was a great player for a long time, at 35 hes at the end of the road.  gonzo is just as religious.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from dgalehouse. Show dgalehouse's posts

Let me tell you, I get no respect, no respect at all. Why, just today they walked Jed to get at me. I'll make them pay for that.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxdirtdog. Show redsoxdirtdog's posts

[QUOTE]could be RSD, but i've also heard him talk about his love for the game since he, steven and other brother played ball all day and night.....i just dont think its end all be all for him. he was a great player for a long time, at 35 hes at the end of the road.  gonzo is just as religious.
    Posted by J-BAY[/QUOTE]

Bet he's Catholic though!?!?!  See, as a Catholic (as I grew up) ....  It's OK to get pissed off, swear, & fired up!!!   :)  :)

Now that's baseball!  IMO  :)  :)

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxdirtdog. Show redsoxdirtdog's posts

J.D. has always seemed a bit "oh well... missed another....  I'l sure get the next one... No sweat fellas, it's just a game:)" kind of guy to me??????

23. This post has been removed.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from J-BAY. Show J-BAY's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: 6/4 Game Thread: Cahill vs, Beckett : Bet he's Catholic though!?!?!  See, as a Catholic (as I grew up) ....  It's OK to get pissed off, swear, & fired up!!!   :)  :) Now that's baseball!  IMO  :)  :)
    Posted by redsoxdirtdog[/QUOTE]

i dont know if gonzo is or not.....but i have heard him talk of his strong religious beliefs. i think JD was a great player and he did what he was good at....like most people, do what theyre educated to do, more than what they'd like to be or do. i understand fans upsetness with him, but he's been the best RF'er since dwight evans and he's come up with some big hits.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from dgalehouse. Show dgalehouse's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: 6/4 Game Thread: Cahill vs, Beckett : Good stuff, Told my psychiatrist I had suicidal tendencies....he told me to pay in advance.
    Posted by bobbysu[/QUOTE]
    Yup. R.I.P. Rodney. He was a funny man.