6-for-60, how do you go 6-for-60???

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from dannycater. Show dannycater's posts

6-for-60, how do you go 6-for-60???

No hit for 15 of the 19 innings..this is legendary in bad hitting...the outs were meek ones mostly. 6 hits overall, no hit into the 7th, no hit after that into the 13th....it was as sick as a game as you will ever see....just miserable plate appearance after plate appearance while the Angels did everything they could to not win..errors and constant bad at bats with RISP....Sox pitching did its job, but the hitting was atrocious and it was legendary.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from fishers5. Show fishers5's posts

Re: 6-for-60, how do you go 6-for-60???

Is this new??  Been like this all year..  Only good thing is it can't get any worse for 2015..

if I was I pitcher, I wouldn't want to come to Boston because there will be no support.

Always Right.....at least in my mind

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hfxsoxnut. Show Hfxsoxnut's posts

The offensive ineptitude is stunning, no question. 

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from chickenandboose. Show chickenandboose's posts

In response to RigatoniT's comment:

In response to Hfxsoxnut's comment:
    [QUOTE]

The offensive ineptitude is stunning, no question. 

but Napoli is awesome.... we should offer him an extension.... why trade him when we cab have him help us finish last.

[/QUOTE]

Napoli was the only one doing work you potato

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from S5. Show S5's posts

It's pretty hard to make excuses for this team's offense.  Right now I'm just watching games to see plays like JBJ made last night, watch Vaz behind the plate, and see how the other "kids" are doing. Any wins are a plus.

Any owners who sign previously suspended PED abusers to a big $$ contract are as guilty of perpetuating the PED problem as are the players.

And I have never posted here under any other names.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from pumpsie-green. Show pumpsie-green's posts

Last night is an example of why we cannot have Vasquez, JBJ, and Middlebrooks in the same lineup. In fact, we cannot even have two of them in the lineup. They are all atrocious hitters. Middlebrooks isn't even a good defensive player and needs to be released or sent to AAA ball for the rest of his career. Then we can choose: Vasquez or JBJ. You cannot win ball games with six hits in 19 innings. Lets hope our FO learns from this year's paltry excuse for a baseball team.

WE ARE ALL JUST POPPYSEEDS IN THE BAKERY OF LIFE

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from 67redsox. Show 67redsox's posts

In response to dannycater's comment:
    [QUOTE]

No hit for 15 of the 19 innings..this is legendary in bad hitting...the outs were meek ones mostly. 6 hits overall, no hit into the 7th, no hit after that into the 13th....it was as sick as a game as you will ever see....just miserable plate appearance after plate appearance while the Angels did everything they could to not win..errors and constant bad at bats with RISP....Sox pitching did its job, but the hitting was atrocious and it was legendary.

[/QUOTE]

Were you at this game?  If so did you stay for the whole thing? 

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from dannycater. Show dannycater's posts

I can't take credit for all 19 innings, had to leave after 15, kid was passing out...:-)...watched the finish on TV at home. Amazing that after an hour drive back (listened on radio), it still was going.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from az55. Show az55's posts

In response to Cater. This is nothing new they have stunk it up well all year.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from royf19. Show royf19's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]
    Danny -- I don't understand your complaint. What to do you mean, how do you go 6 for 60. It's not that hard. I could go 6 for 60 with my eyes closed and one arm tied behind my back.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from BogieAt12oclock. Show BogieAt12oclock's posts

[QUOTE]

I can't take credit for all 19 innings, had to leave after 15, kid was passing out...:-)...watched the finish on TV at home. Amazing that after an hour drive back (listened on radio), it still was going.

[/QUOTE]

If you can watch the SOX for 15 innings, you deserve a medal. This team is so boring, they make soccer look like hockey.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from 67redsox. Show 67redsox's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

15 innings, you deserve a medal!!!  AND you watched the game on tv when you got home. Give this man the fan of the year award.

Is 'kid' young?  I give him credit for hanging in there for 15 innings.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from stan17. Show stan17's posts

I've been watching the Sox a long time but I've never seen them with a hitting lineup that has under achieved this badly.  Today they picked up right where they left off last night, 2 hits in 6 inns so far against the amazing Hector Santiago.  They're our team and we'll all follow but wow the offense is unwatchable right now.     

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Quagmire3. Show Quagmire3's posts

We clearly need a new hitting coach. Don't know how this one has lasted this long! I guess Farrell feels bad for him because of his illness.

"Giggedy, Giggedy!"

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from 67redsox. Show 67redsox's posts

In response to stan17's comment:

I've been watching the Sox a long time but I've never seen them with a hitting lineup that has under achieved this badly.  Today they picked up right where they left off last night, 2 hits in 6 inns so far against the amazing Hector Santiago.  They're our team and we'll all follow but wow the offense is unwatchable right now.     

No hitting, no pitching, they are hard to watch.  2015 can't come soon enough.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from jam789123. Show jam789123's posts

Ask Stephen Drew, he made 10 million doing it.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from craze4sox. Show craze4sox's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

The worst thing about our poor hitting is the fact other teams may not value our prospects very highly in any potential trade package.  None of them other than Holt have really shown any signs of hitting major league pitching for a prolonged period and even he has been slipping.  Even worse, only a couple are capable of playing every day defense at their natural positions.  This could definitely hurt us in the off season, I don't see this bunch improving enough to help us that much next season either. 

We may just need to look at FA support more than most of us ever thought.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from royf19. Show royf19's posts

In response to 67redsox's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]
    What do you mean no pitching.

Pitching has been pretty good all year and hasn't been bad even after the trade of Lester and Lackey. You've been hanging around Bill too much.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from craze4sox. Show craze4sox's posts

In response to royf19's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Pitching has been pretty good all year and hasn't been bad even after the trade of Lester and Lackey. You've been hanging around Bill too much. 

[/QUOTE]

I'm certainly having doubts as to whether JBJ, Bogy or Middy are as good as some believed or may have just been pushed to the majors too soon.  I'm not even sure Holt can sustain the offense enough to be an every day player somewhere.  We have real concerns on the trade front for upgrading our offense if these kids don't start producing.

20. This post has been removed.

21. This post has been removed.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from 67redsox. Show 67redsox's posts

In response to royf19's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Pre-trade pitching was good, post trade not so much in my opinion.  Just my opinion, not written in stone!

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from dannycater. Show dannycater's posts

I agree with roy, the pitching has been mostly pretty good...pre and post trades.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

Lester- gone.

Lackey- gone.

Peavy- gone.

Doubront- gone.

Buch- hurt or ineffective.

Those were our big 5 going into this year.

Only Buch remains in the rotation, and yet we are still seeing nice outings by our SP'ers.

The sample sizes are small, but Kelly, Ranaudo and de la Rosa have 8 quality starts out of 12 total starts with the Sox.  While Webster and Workman only have 4 QS's out of 13, I haven't given up hope on either of them.

It's not going to be easy replacing Lester and Lackey's 70+ QS percentage, and I hope we don't expect in-system starters to take up the slack for 2015, but I like what I've seen so far with our young starters.

Plus, we have yet to see Owens, Rodriguez and Escobar.

Sox4ever

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from 67redsox. Show 67redsox's posts

Yikes, looks like I'm outnumber!  Ok, I give, you guys are right I'm wrong.  What was I thinking

Great minds discuss ideas; average minds discuss events; small minds discuss people.  

Eleanor Roosevelt